Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Linux kernel headers - missing package version

Featured Replies

Hello,

 

I have installed the minimal Trixie based image for Orange Pi5 (the image named Armbian_26.2.1_Orangepi5_trixie_current_6.18.8_minimal) and then attempted to build an out-of-tree kernel module. Having installed dkms and build-essentials, plus the kernel headers through armbian-config, I found the headers package hasn't been fully set-up, the build symlink in /lib/modules/<KVER> is missing and dkms complains that the kernel headers for the kernel are not installed.

 

 The kernel headers are installed though, but it looks like they're from a previous release (25.11.2 instead of 26.2.1).

 

# dpkg -l | grep rockchip
ii  linux-dtb-current-rockchip64      26.2.1                         arm64        Armbian Linux current DTBs in /boot/dtb-6.18.8-current-rockchip64
ii  linux-headers-current-rockchip64  25.11.2                        arm64        Armbian Linux current headers 6.12.58-current-rockchip64
ii  linux-image-current-rockchip64    26.2.1                         arm64        Armbian Linux current kernel image 6.18.8-current-rockchip64

 

 

 

 It the headers package still pending packaging ? Shouldn't armbian-config provide an error in this case and not install the old kernel headers ?

 

EDIT: armbianmonitor ouput - https://paste.armbian.com/oliyalebeq

Edited by mitu

Solved by Werner

  • Solution

Yes, they seem to be missing in repo. 

As a quick fix I'd suggest to use the build framework to create yourself a set of deb files containing all necessary packages

./compile.sh BOARD=orangepi5 BRANCH=current kernel

copy the packages from output/debs to your board and use dpkg to install them.

  • Author

If I'm building the .deb file manually, is there a way to build with kernel 6.19 for the OrangePi5 ? Can I use the edge branch (instead of current) for this ?

 

While I don't mind waiting for the package to build, if I can build the bsp/kernel/headers for 6.19 I can give it a try. 

EDITED for formatting.

Edited by mitu

  • Author

OK, so that went reasonably fast and produced the 4 kernel debs. The linux-libc-dev-edge-rockchip64 didn't install due to conflict with the (current/stable) linux-libc-dev package - I think this is expected - but the rest of the kernel packages have been succesfully installed and the dkms error seems resolved.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.