Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

dm-snapshot.ko missing in 6.18.19

Featured Replies

Hi!

Yesterday I upgraded my NanoPi Neo Plus2, during that the kernel version went from 6.12.74 (package version 26.2.0-trunk.478) to 6.18.19 (package version 26.2.0-trunk.626). This morning I noticed, that this kernel is missing the dm-snapshot.ko module. I searched the forum if anyone else is having this problem, but it appears I am the only one using this feature. I use snapshots to create consistent backups of the system.

Is there a reason why it was removed and more importantly is there a way to get it back without having to compile the kernel myself?

Greetings

 

PS: I should note, that I want the module back in newer kernel versions in the future. For now I downgraded to some older version that I was able to find a package for and got it working through that.

Edited by Frank F.
Added note about workaround via downgrade

Solved by Frank F.

Feel free to use ./compile.sh BOARD=nanopineoplus2notsurehowitsnameis BRANCH=current kernel-config and then build a kernel packages with the adjustments. Once installed and tested, you can PR to these kernel config here: https://github.com/armbian/build/tree/main/config/kernel

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.