Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

nanopi-r4s performance problems on WAN inteface after upgrading to armbian 26, kernel 6.18.10

Featured Replies

After upgrading armbian to 26.2.1 with kernel 6.18.10 performances on WAN interface dropped to 20Mbps for a single TCP connection. The interface is end0, renamed from eth1, driver from ethtool -i is "st_gmac".
I used armbian-config to rollback to kernel 6.12.58 and performances are ok now.

 

Will it be fixed in the future kernels ?

 

I have just cleaned-up / changed (again) things w.r.t. network names for my Nanopi-R6C. Same as Nanopi-R4S, it has 'wan' and 'lan', where wan is on-chip ethernet and lan is external PCIe connected. Double check for the R4S, but I am almost sure. So a mainline kernel in principle just numbers them eth<x> depending on timing and other things.

New kernel behavior is that the on-chip gets named end0 and for my Nanopi-R6C the external gets named enP3p49s0, as that represents how it is HW connected via PCI-e. That is 7.0.<x-flavor> generic distro kernel. Then Armbian has 2 udev rules to rename to wan? and lan?. That is where the problem was and is for me as I use various different bootloader/firmware. I removed those udev rules as I run standard main distros as well and I need the names for bridges and vlans etc future proof and I don't care about names wan and lan (not using it as router). But if you want to keep that naming, check bootloader version (U-Boot I guess for you) and also udev rules and maybe other patches for RK3399 and/or R4S.
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.