Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Change languish.

Featured Replies

I have Debian and installed Mate. I happen to install sv_SE.UTF-8 and en_US.UTF-8 but I cannot change languish on desktop from sv_SE.UTF-8 to en_US.UTF-8.

 

First I just remove "sv_SE.UTF-8, but then the Terminal complain it did not find sv_SE, so install again.

I generate the 2 locales, And thied to when I marked the local I want en_US, but it say sv_SE are active in Mate.

 

I tried to run:

sudo localectl set-locale en_US.UTF-8

Failed to issue method call: Access denied

 

I don't find any "Languish controll" at all in Mate desktop :(

It is right languish in terminal.

 

Cheers Joni

For mate IIRC they use gnome's gnome-language-selector (start it in a terminal if you are missing the icon in settings), but it was a while since I used that desktop-env so I could be wrong.

My old notes says the setting should be in: System > Control Center > Language Support

 

For your information (as a fellow Swedish person): there is a locale called en_DK.UTF-8 that you might want to use instead. That way you get the correct  settings for Scandinavian (like date/clock format for example) but the language is English.

 

Or you can probably do it in terminal altogether:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales # select en_DK.UTF-8 here, or whatever locale you want to use, I will use the dk version in this example
localectl set-locale LANG=en_DK.UTF-8
sed -i "s/sv_SE/en_DK/" ~/.dmrc

 

Edited by bedna

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.