Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Strange behaviour after installing linux on emmc.

Featured Replies

  • Author
10 hours ago, balbes150 said:

4. If your new u-boot will normally be run from SD card, you can try to burn it to eMMC.

What is the recommended way to flash the emmc uboot ? is it like so:

dd if=u-boot.bin of=/dev/bootloader 

Thanks,

12 hours ago, rafaelSorel said:

What is the recommended way to flash the emmc uboot ? is it like so:

The installation of u-boot that depends on how it's done in u-boot (source code). For example, for models Khadas VIM u-boot has a special team (sdc_update bootloader u-boot.bin), which I will install u-boot in eMMC\SPI. I don't know which team has your u-boot.

  • Author

Ok I will check the help command. And make some search and get back if found something weird.

 

Thanks,

 

 

  • Author

@balbes150: I have checked the u-boot help command line and I could see the sdc_update command. So basically it is possible to update the bootloader from u-boot command line.

My question is :

What is the best way to flash a new u-boot on emmc  (sdc_update from u-boot console or running dd if=u-boot.bin of=/dev/bootloader from running linux on SD card) ?

 

The second thing is since I want to update the boot screen logo, I managed to extract the bootup.bmp from logo.img partition using this script https://github.com/steeve/aml-imgpack

then I have repacked a new logo.img with the changed bootup.img file using the same script. 

so is it possible to update the logo.img using this command: "dd if=logo.img of=/dev/logo bs=32M" ?

 

Thanks,

  • Author
5 hours ago, rafaelSorel said:

 

The second thing is since I want to update the boot screen logo, I managed to extract the bootup.bmp from logo.img partition using this script https://github.com/steeve/aml-imgpack

then I have repacked a new logo.img with the changed bootup.img file using the same script. 

so is it possible to update the logo.img using this command: "dd if=logo.img of=/dev/logo bs=32M" ?

[Update] I manage to change the bootup logo successfully, basically we need to unpack the logo.img and change the bootup.bmp with the wanted one, the format needs to be (16bit RGB565 BMP)

16 hours ago, rafaelSorel said:

What is the best way to flash a new u-boot on emmc  (sdc_update from u-boot console or running dd if=u-boot.bin of=/dev/bootloader from running linux on SD card) ?

It is better to use staff team sdc_update. It is better to know the features of the installation of the new u-boot (data entry, calculation of checksums, etc.).

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.