Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hard Bricked RK3228A TV Box (Board T39-V1.0) - Looking for Maskrom / CLK Test Point

Featured Replies

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install Armbian on my Android TV Box, but unfortunately, I flashed an incorrect firmware. Now the device is hard-bricked: the red and blue LEDs are blinking alternately, there is no HDMI output (black screen), and the physical reset button is not working properly.

I already have an SD card loaded with the multitool to install Armbian, but I need to force the SoC into Maskrom Mode first so it can bypass the corrupted eMMC and boot from the SD card.

Device Specifications:

SoC: Rockchip RK3228A

Board ID: T39-V1.0

Storage: eMMC (BGA type)

I have attached the front and back photos of my PCB board (IMG-20260607-WA0027.jpg and IMG-20260607-WA0031.jpg) for reference.

Could anyone help me identify the exact and safe test points (CLK to GND shorting points) for this specific T39-V1.0 board layout?

Thank you so much for your help!

IMG-20260607-WA0031.jpg

IMG-20260607-WA0027.jpg

Hard bricking is not compatible with the led flashing alternatively: you did not hard bricked the device, you're just having difficulties in changing the firmware.

The maskrom pin may help, but also a serial adapter attached to the uart may let you solve the issue without maskrom. You could also tell us what is the bad firmware that makes your leds blink alternatively.

  • Author

Hello jock,

Thank you for your guidance and for clarifying that my device isn't truly hard-bricked.

Regarding your question about the firmware, I used the image from this link: https://mega.nz/folder/v2IEEJqK#WR2o_RwAvS0XWd3pBmnp7Q.

Could you please advise on the next steps, or if there is a specific way to use the UART adapter to diagnose or recover the device based on this specific firmware?

Thank you for your help

Sorry if I ask a lot of questions because I'm a beginner.

Edited by Kuroki

Well I don't know what is that firmware and I'm not going to touch it even with a 6 meters stick, sorry.

Random software from the internet is not a wise idea, even more if it is a software you are going to install onto a computer laying in your private network.

 

About the serial adapter, I don't know, you should post logs or something useful to give you sensible guidance; giving you blind instructions won't help.

If you're a newbie, probably it is better to wait for someone telling you a way to get maskrom mode on your board.

 

I just want to ask you if you tried to put the multitool on a sdcard and boot the board with it.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.