Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NVMe not recognized on OrangePi 5 Pro with Armbian

Featured Replies

I just installed Armbian for the first time.  

I tried the Trixie-current-minimal at first, but that didn't want to start for whatever reason.  

Should I try installing an Ubuntu one?  

 

I'm clueless.  

 

[edit]

I managed to get Trixie-current-minimal working. Same issue.  

 

Edited by Folaht Pjehrsohmehj

Solved by eselarm

I see several time the following log line:

 

rk-pcie fe180000.pcie: PCIe Linking... LTSSM is 0x2

 

I do not know what it means, but the fact that is is listed quite often is a hint I would say. There is also an earlier failure w.r.t. PCIE

Usually is it power of some incompatibility of the NVME SSD in conjunction with the RK3588 based board. OrangePi5 Pro has questionable device-tree support, that is what I remember. It might be better nowadays, but I guess you will need to try an see if you can get any OS working/recognizing the SSD.

  • Author

Power supply: WNB-0504000 5V 4A 20W USB-C.

SSD: Intenso Top Performance M.2 128GB SATA-600

 

I'm gonna buy a new power supply.  

Looks like I'm needing a 5A one.  

Edited by Folaht Pjehrsohmehj

  • Solution
1 hour ago, Folaht Pjehrsohmehj said:

SD: Intenso Top Performance M.2 128GB SATA-600

This is not NVME, but SATA. No surprise it does not work.

 

It might be that the M.2 slot of the OPi5pro is such that with an overlay, you could map SATA signals to that slot and then it should work. Look in rockchip overlays folder for any .dtbo file with name like

*rk3588*sata*

But you should check HW circuit diagram maybe first, might also be that this is only for the normal OPi5

 

Maybe search a bit, I found 

Is old topic, but the principles are still the same.

Edited by eselarm

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.