Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Armbian For Tanix TX6S (H616)

Featured Replies

So, For some Months I was trying to Use Latest Armbian on My Tx6S , First I found Nick Avollic's (Nick A) Armbian build that has my tx6s version supported the axp313 one but it was old (I can work with that though) but I wanted something that would support armbian latest.At first I tried to import directly from his repo but as he used miniarch patches it was difficult but somehow with some of ai assistantance I managed to made latest one but it was not on the latest stable kernal I used it for some time than now I thought why not get lastest kernal so After a lot of trail and error I finally managed to get latest Armbian and latest stable kernal working on my Tx6s.Its Also syncable to official armbian without issues .

 

Github

 

What's Working:

Ethernet

WiFi

USB

Ir-Receiver

 

What's Not Working:

Nothing,Right Now. :)

 

Untested:

Bluetooth (As my TV Box Doest Have Bluetooth So Its not possible for me to test)

 

Downloads:

Minimal Server

 

 

[I do recommended people to build/compile their own image from sources and not to trust any random build on internet. You can build your own image from my forked githubs add-tanix-tx6s-axp313 branch your own image]

 

 

In my test in CLI I found almost all the things working correctly.I will test the GUI/Desktop Interface later.

Tanix-TX6S-jpg.webp

Edited by Al Nahian

  • Author

Tested,

GUI Desktop(Xfce Minimal)

Tested Web Browsing (Via Firefox)

Video Playback On YouTube(Via firefox)

Confirmed Audio Playback

 

I can confirm the GUI works but if anyone wants to use this box as desktop I think they should use it with lightweight de like Xfce or i3 also web browsing is painfully slow also aim for lightweight browser.

Edited by Al Nahian

I had to modify display format to suit Tanix Tx6 with PCB on Top. Here is DTS file for Tanix TX6

Hope this is Useful to you and you can add to official armbian build.

 

 

Edited by firepower

  • Author

@firepower thank you brother in my free time I'll try to get it working but sometimes ago my vfd display started showing signs of age if it works I'll try to fix and push it to main official armbian.

  • Author

Update - So recently my tv box (tx6s-axp-313) is now officially promoted to standard support status. If anyone was to download lastest image they can download from Official-Armbian-Website. or they can directly compile from their sources.

Edited by Al Nahian

I compiled from source edge kernel and noble with cinnamon desktop kept freezing.

I then compiled stable kernal and trixie with cinnamon desktop and works reliably.

I have also installed openVFD and tanix vfd DTS overlay and also IR remote key map

Have bee unable to get bluetooth working SP6330. with correct firmware BCM4330B1.hcd ,  Bluetooth drivers installs but bluetooth device wont start. (same wifi and bluetooth firmware as android tvbox uses)

if i use another similar BCM4330B1.hcd file it install drivers and bluetooth device starts and detect connected bluetooth devices, but still bad as data is choppy for blue tooth audio. 

 

Edited by firepower

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.