Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Small monochrome displays

Featured Replies

@Larry Bank I happened across these again:

 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-White-Backlight-84-48-84x84-LCD-Display-Module-Adapter-PCB-for-Nokia-5110-for-Arduino/32267197519.html

 

They might be used, or they might be quality rejects for actual product, I'm not sure.  There are other options from the seller, I haven't gotten any yet so can't speak to the state they're in.

Wouldn't you opt for an oled display instead, brighter, smaller, and higher resolution for fifty cents more? And its using only 4 lines, sample usage:

_C110975.JPG.d1d5e54fccf7e6378cc1bf175112a731.JPG

I have three of those (5110 screens), don't know if it was the product / the soldering / .... but only one of those is working with spec (PCD 8544) SPI speed. For the other two I had to lower the bus speed and play with LCD bias / contrast to make them work and they finally worked.

 

I don't know your use case but those 5110 display use less power comparing to small OLED.

 

Certainly due to my laziness I prefer the small i2c OLED (only 4 cables). I still use the 5110 for an arduino running on LIPO.

11 hours ago, TonyMac32 said:

@Larry Bank I happened across these again:

 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-White-Backlight-84-48-84x84-LCD-Display-Module-Adapter-PCB-for-Nokia-5110-for-Arduino/32267197519.html

 

They might be used, or they might be quality rejects for actual product, I'm not sure.  There are other options from the seller, I haven't gotten any yet so can't speak to the state they're in.

Thanks for letting me know. I really dislike that particular display. The frame/contacts are always flaky. For those applications, my preferred screen is the HX1230 (96x68) or the 128x64 LCD under various names.

@TonyMac32, which library did you use?  Btw, in Larry's Arduino-Folder you have to delete the hx1230_turbo.ino  this is a 'double' and in the .h file are 2x double entries. If I was better at ... if I knew how to do pull requestes I had sent some.

I haven't tested the LCD1202 yet - looks nice too.

 

Libraries:

LCD1202 https://github.com/patrickn/lcd1202

U8g2 https://github.com/olikraus/u8g2 

hx1230 https://github.com/bitbank2/hx1230

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.