Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still no bcache module on 4.19.13

Featured Replies

I just pulled my espressobin back out of the box, re-imaged with 4.18.6-nvebu64, and sparked it up.  Nearly everything just works, I'm so impressed!

 

The only problem I'm having is that the bcache tools doesn't seem to be providing a kernel module -- at least, none is present anywhere I can find, particularly in the initramfs. 

 

Any suggestions?

  • Author
1 hour ago, martinayotte said:

apt-get install bcache-tools

 

Yes, well past that.  Reinstalled, reconfigured, the works.   I have:

$ lsinitramfs /boot/initrd.img-4.18.6-mvebu64 | grep bcache
lib/udev/probe-bcache
lib/udev/bcache-register
lib/udev/rules.d/69-bcache.rules

A working system would have an element under lib/modules as well.

  • Author

As described here for kernel 4.18.6, the bcache module doesn't build when installing bcache tools.

 

The bcache-tools package has a /usr/lib/initcpio/install/bcache file, which suggests the use of mkinitcpio... but I don't know enough about module compilation to know whether the bug is in armbian or this package.

 

Would appreciate guidance on where I should direct this report.

Edited by Tido
merged, you even mentioned already an open thread. tssss

1 hour ago, DS Justice said:

bug is in armbian


Possible but very unlikely. We deal with a small set/sections of board related hardware features while kernel (and OS) functions are a work of thousands of people. We can enable things in kernel config, but if they don't work as they should, we have no resources to fix them.

Perhaps try to hire someone who knows more in this field, have time to focus and can identify where is the problem. Then you will at least know - which maintainer to bother. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.