Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wrong numbering/names for the ethernet ports of the EspressoBin V7

Featured Replies

I just got my EspressoBin V7 and installed the current armbian for it. I haven't tested much, but Globalscale has changed the numbering of the ethernet ports, as can been seen in the Wiki of the EspressoBin.

 

What do I have to do to rename the ports permanently, so that no update can change it back?

Or is this something that needs to be changed in armbian for the V7 boards?

  • Author

Thanks.

 

Does this mean the change will not be in a newer version of armbian or it will take some time till the pull request will be in armbian?

 

I will have a look at the needed changes and try to make them.

  • Author

Would it possible that armbian supplies the needed dtb for the V7 with aonther name and one has just to make sure that the right file is loaded by uboot?

 

Can I assume that if I put my own dtb file at the right position that it will never be overwritten by a kernel update?

It appears boot.cmd, and the compiled (?) boot.scr are not installed/modified by packages.  Therefore, you can set the current line that points to espressobin to your own dtb file, which is generated with my patch to switch the names.

 

The existing espressobin DTB has a lot of patches in the armbian-build system.  What I think I want, and maybe FlashBurn does too, is to take the final 3720-espressobin.dtb, build that for legacy users, and then patch it once more to create a 3720-espressobinv7.dtb.  Then, we can modify our boot.cmd for our board variant.

 

But I don't understand the kernel compilation and patching well enough to accomplish this on my own.  Can I add a dtb that includes the existing one, and simply overwrites the &mdio node?  Is there some existing mechanism in the Makefiles that would accomplish this?

 

Lastly, assuming I do get a v7.dtb, I don't know where the file lists are for the debian package builds.  So even though I think I've built an (incorrect at the moment) v7.dtb, it isn't being added to the linux-dtb-next-mvebu64 package.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.