Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Get cpu temp?

Featured Replies

Hi - First let me say how gratefull I am for an Armbian version that works with my NanoPi M4 board!  I am using the board as a web server and it is rock solid.  My question is about the information that is displayed when I log in to my board using SSH.  There is information about cpu temp,  up time, etc.  How is this information extracted and displayed?  I am a Linux noob and I would like to understand how to get the cpu temp and other info to use at other times.  Please help me as I am just starting out with SBC's.  thanks---jb.

I'm no expert, but if it helps, I believe its available via the kernel. See:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/thermal/sysfs-api.txt

 

In terms of how its displayed when you login to the terminal, you may like to look for a bash script here:

/etc/update-motd.d/30-armbian-sysinfo

It includes a bash function which looks for tools like /usr/bin/temper or /usr/bin/armbianmonitor and chops up the text ouput from them.

 

In practical terms, you can find it in:
 

root@nanopct4:~# cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/type
soc-thermal

root@nanopct4:~# cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
41111

 

On my device, zone0 seems to be the CPU temp, and zone1 seems to be the GPU temp.

 

If you wanted to do it programmatically, I'm sure Python and Java and other languages will have libraries you could use to read such data via API's if thats your preference.

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.