Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Espressobin MAC in u-boot?

Featured Replies

I've installed the latest u-boot for the boards I'm working with (I have a v5 and a v7) and while I have been able to figure out how to set the MAC in linux, I would like to set the WAN MAC at the uboot level if possible.

The u-boot environment variables seem to have no affect. I've flashed two boards and they both come up with the same MAC in Armbian f0:ad:4e:03:64:7f

Can this somehow be altered before flashing the new u-boot?

  • Author

I've tried every variation of boot arguments in u-boot and no luck changing from that default MAC.

Any help appreciated...

 

This is the version of u-boot I'm using

U-Boot 2018.03-devel-18.12.3-gc9aa92c-armbian (Feb 20 2019 - 09:45:04 +0100)

  • Author

Eureka! Just found the location of the mysterious MAC! Changed it and it worked!!!

The address used was the default in /boot/boot.cmd

It looks like u-boot environment is ignored...

 

You can override the default in the armbianEnv.txt file as instructed at the top of the boot.cmd file.

 

added and ethaddr= line and it worked!

eth1addr etc. do not seem to get picked up...

 

This all may have been obvious to people more familiar with armbian... sorry, I'm just learning my way around it.

  • Author

I also confirmed that settings for eth1addr eth2addr eth3addr have no effect .  lan0 and lan1 must be set in interfaces.d files to give them unique MACs.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.