Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DerDave

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DerDave

  1. Hi pochopsp - I have the same issue on my Vontar X3. The frustrating thing is that it used in the past and now for some reason it doesn't detect the eMMC installation anymore. I haven't done a deep dive but probably (as the other participants in this thread suggest) it's only solvable with a new u-boot. Have you tried something out there? I guess if we get a new build running that new u-boot could be bundled with the releases to solve this issue for other users as well
  2. Hi @Pita Bread, thanks for your input! I've been struggling with this for two straigt days now. I was *finally* able to downgrade my Vontar x3 (identical with the X96 Max) - it wasn't possible through TWRP or USB burner, but it did eventually work with the Burn Card Maker. Anyway, so now I have the identical software version on it as you (AML_user_H96MaxX3_9_20220516.1821.img) and I created an SD card with a new armbian build with BalenaEtcher. I selected the same dtb file as you and took care of the u-boot.ext. But still, I just can't make the thing boot into Armbian and it's so frustrating. As long as I keep the reset button pressed, the screen will just stay black - Armbian never shows up. When I release the button, after a while the H96max splash screen shows up, then it turns black and then the screen signal is lost. There is no boot loop or anything. It just get's stuck. The same thing happens, no matter if I push the reset button or not, as long as the SD card is inserted. What am I doing wrong? The only difference I see to you is that I'm using a more recent Armbian version (can't download the one you used, because the internet archive doesn't actually transfer any data). Thanks a lot in advance for your help! EDIT: I just randomly tried inserting the SD Card in an USB adapter and plugged that into the USB2 port of the device. And it worked! Totally random, but it seems like that did the trick. Didn't see this documented anywhere so maybe the information is helpful to anyone!
  3. I'm having trouble getting this box into multiboot. Can anybody explain, how the procedure works for you? Trying the lock-pick method. Having the reset button pressed, connect power and release the button (after varying time delays) but nothing works. How did you do it? Thanks!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.