Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Amlogic CPU Boxes

A place for discussion of TV Boxes using Amlogic CPUs (s905, s905x, s905w, s912, s922, etc)

  1. Started by SteeMan,

    Armbian now has a community supported build target for amlogic TV Boxes (aml-s9xx-box). You can now build your own builds directly with the Armbian build system. This is now an opportunity for members of the community to move the support for amlogic TV boxes forward within the Armbian framework. If you are not familiar with the Armbian build system check out the Armbian developer documentation. If you have idea on how you would like to see things evolve/change please use this forum to share your thoughts and ideas and submit PRs for any code changes you would like to see. I am currently testing this code against the four different amlogic based …

  2. Started by granitr,

    Hi, so after many hours of trial and error I have managed to get the latest Armbian with Kernel 6.1.27 running on my old mxq s805 tv box. Albeit only thing that is not working is hdmi output and wifi. So for anyone else trying to accomplish something similar, my steps were: https://github.com/hzyitc/armbian-onecloud Downloaded the latest release of this build for the onecloud device as it also runs on the s805 amlogic chipset (props to the developer for still updating) Burn the image to your sd card. Then after the image is burned, create a textfile on the root of the sd card and name it „uEnv.txt“ …

  3. Started by Ivan25,

    Downloaded the official version Armbian Imager. Created a bootable USB drive. Edited the file extlinux.conf for the TV box. I tried to install it, but nothing happens (I pressed the button inside the mini-jack; the USB indicator flashes five times, and Android boots up). REGLinux boots up and installs, I can play games on it. What am I doing wrong?

  4. Started by Jamie Swoish,

    The purpose in this guide is to make installation simple for those who wish to follow what I did. This is specifically for the Yoka TV KB2 Pro which uses the S912 chipset with 3GB RAM and 32 GB ROM. It was successful and works for setting up windows mapped drives just fine with Samba. (for example Z:\) I am using it off the SD card, I left Android 7.1 on the EMMC. Notes: My intentions are to use it for a file server for use with USB 2.0 drives I have laying around that are old but still technically usable. The file transfer speed is only expected to be around 30% of the 1GBPS wired network. The bottleneck will definitely be the USB 2.0, but for what I am using…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.9k views
  5. Hello, I have a TV Box X96 Air P3 with old Armbian (Armbian_20.05.4_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.7.0-rc6_20200518.img = Debian 10.4) installed 6 years ago (https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12988-armbian-for-amlogic-s905x3/page/7/#findComment-101885). Now I need to update to Debian 11 (at least) or 12 (better). For that, I need the new img and dtb files but I'm lost to find them. So, many thanks for your support Greetings Armin

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. Hi everyone, I'm trying to boot Armbian on a TiVo Stream 4K (Model: IPA1114HDW, Board: SEI500BS/Pyxis, SoC: S905X2, Android TV 10). I've flashed S905X2-compatible images (like Armbian_23.02.2...6.1.11) using Rufus/Etcher/Armbian Imager with different DTBs, but I cannot get it to boot from SD or USB. Toothpick method (short press): Enters Fastboot (limited permissions, no flash/dump). Toothpick method (long press): Enters USB Burning Mode. adb reboot bootloader and adb reboot recovery work, but there is no root access via ADB. It seems external boot is disabled, U-Boot is locked, or secure boot is enforced. My next step is hooking up a UART USB-TTL…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 317 views
  7. Started by calusbr,

    I’m using the DEVMFC version [https://github.com/devmfc/debian-on-amlogic]. Additionally, I took the `/boot` partition and copied all the files from the Devmfc_Ubuntu-Oracular_6.12.11-meson64_Minimal-25.01.24.img.xz image. Then, I downloaded the same version available from the Armbian community, but with a graphical interface: Armbian_community_25.5.0-trunk.4_Aml-s9xx-box_noble_current_6.12.12_xfce_desktop.img.xz. I first flashed the Armbian image onto a USB drive. Then, in the `/boot` partition, I moved all existing root files into a `/backup` folder. After that, I copied the files from the DEVMFC version into the root of the `/boot` partition on the USB driv…

  8. I have "x96 mini" TV box with seemingly broken eMMC chip (unable to write firmware by USB). S905W SoC. First I've tested if it can boot from SD-card, made with Amlogic Windows utility "Burn Card Maker". The answer is: yes (see the logs below). Spoiler GXL:BL1:9ac50e:bb16dc;FEAT:ADFC318C:0;POC:3;RCY:0;EMMC:800;NAND:81;SD:0;READ:0;0.0;CHK:0; no sdio debug board detected TE: 197450 BL2 Built : 20:32:17, Sep 8 2017. gxl g6296b83 - xiaobo.gu@droid12 set vcck to 1120 mv set vddee to 1070 mv Board ID = 2 CPU clk: 1200MHz DQS-corr enabled DDR scramble enabled DDR3 chl: Rank0 16bit @ 792MHz Rank0…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 12k views
  9. Started by zowster,

    Hi! I'm having problem to flash a image on a flashdisk using the armbian imager. The download is completed but the sha256sum validation fails. The manually downloaded image from https://armbian.com/boards/aml-s9xx-box -> Resolute_current_xfce shows an sha different from Resolute_current_xfce.sha https://paste.armbian.com/givixasaya

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 424 views
  10. Old TV Box stucks on GoogleTV screen. As i read in this forum its not possible to find firmware and rewrite it? So whats the best option? To do dual boot? Is there are detailed guide how to do it and what OS to write into SD card for TV Box?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 551 views
  11. Hello, I traced and worked around a USB enumeration failure on an X96S TV stick (Amlogic S905Y2, 4 GB RAM / 32 GB eMMC). I am posting this as an RFC and test request, not as an upstream-ready Armbian patch. Important environment note • Userspace: Armbian OS 26.05.0 Noble • Kernel: Linux 6.12.91 from the OPhub/unifreq TV-box tree, not an official Armbian kernel package • Exact source baseline: unifreq Linux commit 7f96286d7ef097465fe46dbea8002fa27a6a6bbc • DT reports model "AMedia X96 Max" and compatible "amediatech,x96-max", "amlogic,g12a". This is not an accurate X96S-specific identity. Symptoms HDMI and Wi-Fi worked, but USB2 devices would…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 197 views
  12. Started by alexgolyd,

    Hello. Please tell me how to set armbian to X98 Plus CPU "Amlogic S905W2 64bit Cortex A35" Tried to put S905W but it doesn't work anyway.

  13. Hello Im a begginer and dont know Linux. I have a tv box : enyBox x98q Cpu amlogic s905w2 2g ram 16g rom My need to install MetaTrader5 on linux on this tv box. I downloaded both files on site this link: debian 13 ubuntu 26.04 I need to learn the install way by watching a video clip. I request you for making it

  14. I was searching for WI-FI Drivers for my X96 Mini because I was using my device with Armbian ophub's build. The only-ethernet thing kinda annoyed me so dived in and found there's a fix. A guy named lukas-kuna found a fix for the WI-FI chip (HERE). So I tried the fix and It really worked. So I decided to create a driver myself for Future use and for my fellow users. I used the Driver on Armbian 26.08 Build by ophub and the kernel version is 6.18.37. I created a Github Repo so I could share how I did it and how you could do it too. I Used DKMS to Automate the installation process, theres other ways to do it too. Also the DKMS method ensures driver doesn't disapp…

  15. Hi everyone, I am trying to install Armbian on my X96 Max Plus TV box, but I'm having trouble getting the Wi-Fi and peripheral power management to work correctly. I disassembled the box to gather the exact hardware specs from the PCB. Could you please advise which specific DTB file I should use for this hardware revision? Here are my exact hardware specs and chip markings: SoC: Amlogic S905X3 RAM: 4GB LPDDR3/DDR3L (Micron, FBGA code: D9PQL) Storage: 32GB eMMC 5.1 (SanDisk SDINADF4-32G) Ethernet (LAN): 1000M / Gigabit (Realtek RTL8211F transceiver) Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Module: Broadcom/Ampak under a metal shield marked AM7256 (Android log…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  16. So I've got two of these old android tv boxes, both running the S912 chipset, and both are pretty much dead at this point. Trying to figure out if it's worth the effort to revive them or if I should just toss them already. On both boxes: no display through hdmi at all, not even a logo or flicker. Tried the toothpick trick for recovery screen with power plugged in, no reaction. Keyboard and mouse don't get picked up when connected. And when I hook them up to my laptop with a usb to usb cable, the boot light does turn on so they're clearly getting power, but the box itself never shows up anywhere on the laptop, not even in device manager after installing the usb burning t…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 824 views
  17. I was running armbian on emmc on an X96Air 4GB/64GB 1GBit S905X3 box a while ago and then after a power down it bricked. No boot screen, no android (obviously) - it sent a HDMI signal, but nothing. Managed to recover it and get Android flashed on it again then Armbian again on SD then emmc. Just done "apt upgrade" to get things up to date. All went well, then a reboot, and..... bricked again. Nothing obvious, no issues. I'll go through the process again - Android -> armbian sd -> armbian emmc But is there a known issue with any boxes that just brick themselves? Any ways to avoid it? This box is par…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  18. I have and android Box with model#ZXV10 B760HS3 its bricked due to wrong firmware i am to go to maskrom mode but unable to flash any file while flashing when i enter update bulkcmd "setenv -f EnableSelinux permissive" i receive "AmlUsbReadStatus retusb = 1 Usb status not success" can some Guide me how can i make this thing alive

  19. Started by jCore,

    Hi I am trying to breathe some life into an older generic Amlogic TV box on my workbench and am hitting a brick wall with modern mainline images. I’m looking for a copy of a legacy, community-archived Armbian image (Kernel 5.4.y, 5.10.y, or 4.19.y) tailored for the S905X / S905W (meson-gxl) architecture. The newer automated GitHub builds (6.12+ kernels) completely purge the old asset files, and modern multi-stage boot configurations (boot.scr) are being entirely bypassed by my box's legacy onboard bootloader. Hardware Specs & Current Context: SoC: Amlogic S905X / S905W variant (Generic budget clone box, likely 1GB RAM) Target DTBs I'm t…

  20. I fried SOIC-8 IC (Probably power management) on H96 Max X2 PCB (I-BOX TV) by applying 12V If anyone (@Thang?) has a board like that, please take a close up of that chip on the back side. I might be able to source it and replace it. Original related topic by Thang is here. BTW, there is native console available on pretty much all Armbian boards, that lets you see linux messages before they appear on the HDMI port. It helps to understand the bootloader sequence, u-boot sequence and gives you root access.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 689 views
  21. I've this old tv box from a brazilian brand, called Intelbras IZY Play, the OEM appears to be SDMC, with the codename DV8038, it uses the s805x SoC. From what I've looked, it should be compatible using the files meson-gxl-s805x-p241.dtb u-boot-s905x-s912 The device does not have an SD card slot, so i'm trying to do it with a flash drive, however, after flashing it with balenaEtcher and doing the necessary changes to the files in my Windows PC, I cannot get it to boot, it justs enters a loop of showing the splash screen, turning off, showing the splash screen, and so on. I'm trying to turn it on pressing the hidden button …

  22. Started by confuseruser,

    Friends, as shown in the image, I am trying to install a Linux system on this BTV: OTT BOX, model B11 with an Amlogic S905X3 CPU. However, I am not succeeding because it cannot read the USB drive. I have already tried changing the .ext, attempted to burn the image using Rufus, Balena, and nothing worked. I am using a Multilaser USB drive which I believe is 2.0. At the moment I don’t have another USB drive or memory card to test. Any suggestions?

  23. Started by Qvy,

    Hello there, I followed from afar the advancement of the support on TV boxes for a while already, and I happened to stumble uppon a very cheap one on my local market. The specs are the following : -Amlogic S905W -2GB of ram -16GB of EMMC Following are some pictures I took, that shows the bare PCB. I hope that it will help answering questions I have. After looking into many written tutorials on getting armbian to boot on such machine, I have tested all .dtb files that are available, as long as quadruple-checked the u-boot file that needed to be used with that specific chip. I made sure to also press that buttom behind the j…

  24. Hi all, I'm trying to boot Armbian from USB on a Foxconn BANDOTT BA101 (Amlogic S905D, 2GB RAM, 8GB eMMC — same SoC/RAM/storage as a Phicomm N1, originally shipped with Android TV 7.1.2). I'm running purely from USB, never touching eMMC. What works Armbian_24.5.0_amlogic_s905d_jammy_6.6.28_server_2024.04.25.img (ophub build) Flashed to USB with balenaEtcher Plugged into the box, powered on Boots directly with no modifications — no manual u-boot.ext, no dtb edits, no extlinux changes Network, IR, HDMI all good What doesn't work Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.821_Aml-s9xx-box_resolute_current_6.18.26.img (official community build…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  25. Hello. I'm trying to run Armbian on an Acemak KII TV box (Amlogic S812 processor). From the page https://armbian.com/boards/aml-s805-mxq I downloaded the Armbian image Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.792_Aml-s805-mxq_trixie_current_6.12.28_minimal.img Using Win32DiskImager, I burned the Armbian image to a MicroSD card. In the armbianEnv.txt file, in the dtb_file line, I specified the path: dtb_file=/dtb/meson8m2-mxiii-plus.dtb I inserted the MicroSD card into the TV box. The TV box boots, Ethernet works, but there is no HDMI signal on the monitor. I tried specifying different dtb file variants in armbianEnv.txt. I found that if I specify the path dt…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 987 views
  26. Hello everyone, I own this android box and I followed this tutorial https://ragone.dev/post/install-linux-on-android-tv-box which is based on tutorials on armbian website, I tried to install Armbian 25.8 server with Debian. Everything went fine until the step "5. Flash Armbian to the internal eMMC", despite me running the install-aml.sh script and getting a complete message in the end (see following images for script execution output), when I reboot it just always starts from the sd (see the following screenshot showing that the mounted storage is 16 GB, but my box internal storage is 8 GB). fdisk -l output to also show the i…

  27. Hello, I'm new to embedded linux installation, so please bear with me. So I purchased an android tv box labeled h96max S905L3 from TEMU. Specifications (if the label is trustworthy): RAM: 2GB, ROM:16GB, running android 14.0. On the pcb it says: s905_zx02_v01. It features an ethernet port, 2 USB, HDMI, AV port (looks like a headphone jack) and no hidden reset button or sd card slot. I was trying to install any kind of linux to it using a bootable usb, I just need a simple shell capable of running an http server. I have tried using the remote control to trigger boot to linux, but nothing works. I have then opened the thing, and connected uart to a RP2040 and wrote a simple …

    • Reputation Points

    • 11 replies
    • 6.2k views
  28. Hi i have done a few boxes with armbian installed, some boxes wifi do not work but that is to be expected.But i got a amlogic box now that is giving me intrm error,It seems i can boot armbian and it loads up but after the loading it just get stuck at intrims.This has somethnig to do with the boot process from sd card.When i boot it form usb stick it works fine but the same setup from sd card gives me that error. I suspect the second part to boot the os is controlled by the box,I need to have first boot all the time What can i do to modify the sd card.

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  29. Hello. I have a problem that's been driving me crazy, and I think I'm not the only one. I'm using Armbian version v25.05.0 for Aml.S905x running Armbian Linux 6.12.19-ophub Debian stable (bookworm), and I managed to install RealVNC Connect, for which I have a license. The problem I'm having, and I can't find a solution, is that by default the GDM3 desktop launcher uses Wayland, and when I connect externally to the server, I only get a black screen with a message saying "the desktop cannot be displayed at this time." I'm using GNOME, and I've tried different desktop environments, but they never work, even after selecting them from the gear icon. It just acts like it's goin…

  30. Guest

    Hi, I'm new to the Armbian community, but I have used Linux before. Recently, I followed this tutorial: https://i12bretro.github.io/tutorials/0316.html to flash Armbian 20.10 Bullseye on what I suspect is a fake TX3 Mini. It has a red motherboard probably not a p-281 board, it could be a q201_N device as twrp said before installing Armbian. Anyways, Armbian detects 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage in it. It most likely has either an S905X or S912 CPU since I used "u-boot-s905x-s912" during the process. After flashing the SD card with Armbian, I was able to boot successfully. I then installed Armbian using the terminal with "inst…

    • Reputation Points

    • 9 replies
    • 8.7k views
  31. Started by rapalax,

    Trying to figure out how to initiate toothpick mode in order to flash a minimal iot Armbian image. I found a recovery1 button (accessed from a pinhole) but holding this while powering on, or holding the 'power' button while powering on, doesn't seem to get me anywhere. It seems that whenever I insert my 32G sdcard (maybe not supported?), something happens where the stock android does not boot after the initial MINIX splash screen, but just sits on a black screen (regardless of how I may have powered it on). Initially I thought it was doing something, so I let it run overnight.. I restarted it in the am, but when I removed the SDCard, it just booted…

    • Reputation Points

    • 20 replies
    • 4.5k views
  32. Started by sander kerkhoff,

    i am trying to install armbian on a vorke z6 plus s912 amlogic box. As there is no S912 dtb, i tried using /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxm-t95z-plus.dtb with this iamge: Armbian_26.02.0_amlogic_s912-t95z-plus_trixie_6.18.15_server_2026.03.01.img.gz renamed u-boot-s905x-s912.bin to u-boot.ext After inserting and pressing the reset button, before applying power, i get into the recovery menu What dtb file or image can i use to get armbian running?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  33. Hello everyone, I have two identical-looking "arm-64" Amlogic TV boxes (S805X-based, meson-gxl-s805x-p241.dtb), both running the same Armbian image (kernel 5.9.0-arm-64 from balbes150 build). Both boxes have BCM43430 WiFi+BT combo (AP6212 module) on SDIO (mmc1). Problem: - STB 1: WiFi works perfectly (BCM43430/1 stepping) - STB 2: WiFi fails to initialize (BCM43430/2 stepping) — always ends with "HT Avail timeout (1000000): clkctl 0x50" Key dmesg from STB 1 (working): [ 7.719726] brcmfmac: F1 signature read @0x18000000=0x1541a9a6 [ 7.736079] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio for chip BCM43430/1 …

  34. Started by Sadig,

    Hello GUYS I want to install new firmware for my tv box but i can't find please help me about that. (Mxq pro 4k 5g (Amlogic meson8b))PLease help me. Because I am fed up . It slows down day by day.

  35. Hello everyone, I have three Amlogic S905x TV boxes with a dead EMMC, and one with a desoldered EMMC (since I thought without it, they would boot from the microSD card). Is there a way to force them to boot into Armbian? Holding the power button doesn't work, and desoldering the EMMC didn't help either. I was able to boot Armbian using UART. A workaround is to use Ardruino, which sends commands to boot Armbian after a while, but that's a workaround, and I'd like a more elegant solution. 1) Download the *.img.gz image for the amlogic_s905x 2) Write the image to the microSD card using Rufus. 3) Connect the UART. Steps 2-6 in the brick instructions. …

  36. Hi all, I’m working with an Amlogic S805X (P241) board and I’d like to run Armbian on it, but I need a kernel 5.15 LTS build that boots reliably (especially from USB/SD). I see Armbian community builds with kernel 6.x for Amlogic TV boxes (e.g., Armbian_community_26.x), but these do not boot successfully on my P241. I previously successfully booted Armbian with kernel 5.9, but I want an image based on the 5.15 LTS kernel if possible. Is there an existing downloadable image for S805X/P241 with kernel 5.15? If not, can you share build parameters (BOARD=, BRANCH=, kernel target) to compile a minimal Armbian image with 5.15 that uses…

  37. Hello everyone, I would like to test Armbian on my GS King-X (S-922X). I have prepared a SD Card by using Armbian Imager. Then I have followed the instructions here: modified the "armbi_boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf" file, specified: "fdt /dtb/amlogic/meson-meson-g12b-gsking-x.dtb"; copied "u-boot-s905x2-s922" as "u-boot.ext". Now before trying to make the device boot from the SD Card, I would like to know: If I do not install Armbian to the internal eMMC, will I be able to boot back to Android, by just removing the SD Card and powering off then back on the device? Later, if I decide to install Armbian to a USB drive or an internal…

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 3.8k views
  38. I'm been trying to install Armbian on this TV.BOX console. I already test bookworm xfce image of Armbian as like the last XFCE image → Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.357_Aml-s9xx-box_noble_current_6.18.7_xfce_desktop I als test minimal images ad they don't work. The spces of console are : Processor (CPU)Amlogic S905X3 Quad-core ARM Cortex-A55, up to 1.91GHz Graphics (GPU)Mali-G31 MP2 RAM4GB DDR3 Storage (ROM)32GB eMMC Video OutputHDMI, supports up to 8K@24fps (Android system) and 1080p (EmuELEC system) Connectivity2.4G/5G Dual-band Wi-Fi, 10/1000M Ethernet LAN, Bluetooth 4.0 Ports1x USB 3.0, 4x …

  39. Started by btv X,

    Hello everybody. I'm new to this and I would like to install Linux on my BTV X p212 TV box. I saw that there are several versions of systems but I couldn't find them for this specific one and I would like to know if you can help me? Please. Ps: I searched here on the forum, google but I couldn't find it.

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3k views
  40. not getting internal wifi from "amlogic s905x3" "x96 max plus" tv box wifi chip "CDTech 47W3155" board version "Q5X3-141 V4.1"

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.6k views
  41. I recently got this tv box emulator thing but i now emulate games on my laptop for convineince. I decide to download armbian on the tv box so that i can set up pi-hole for network wide ad blocking. Ive tried multiple times but i cant see to get it working. Cpu: Amologic S905L Ram:2 gig DDr3 ive been downloading this version https://github.com/ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian/releases/download/Armbian_jammy_arm64_server_2026.02/Armbian_26.02.0_amlogic_s905l_jammy_6.1.161_server_2026.02.02.img.gz been using this dtb meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb been using this u bootfile named: u-boot-s905x-s912 To reboot the system there is no button in…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.1k views
  42. Hello. I have easily managed to get armbian up and running of a usb stick, in fact everything worked perfect (hdmi, wifi, gbit ethernet, etc.). The tv box is h96-air-gbit (as the dtb is named), amlogic s905x3 soc, 32gb mmc, 4gb RAM, gigabit ethernet, 2xusb 2.0, 1xusb 3.0, sd card, hdmi, av port (reset button inside), spdif. The thing is, I wanted to benefit from the 32gb internal mmc storage, since I was running armbian from a 8gb usb stick (had a lot of those hanging around, and didn't want to buy a bigger one). I did notice the image I used had not armbian-install script, nor nand-sata-install. I did a manual install (snapshot copy) of my current system with the help of…

    • Reputation Points

    • 14 replies
    • 7.4k views
  43. Hello everyone, I successfully installed Armbian to eMMC on an Amlogic S805X (gxl_p241 / p241 board). The system boots correctly when I manually start it from U-Boot, but autoboot fails every time. I believe my bootloader / U-Boot environment is not properly configured. During flashing, I only selected the DTB, and I am not sure how the bootloader variables should be set for eMMC boot. if it didnt work ,how to manually install u-boot U-Boot log ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- USB XHCI 1.00 scanning bus 0 for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found scanning usb for storage devices... …

  44. Please help, I can't figure out this error for a month now. I've tried all the .dtb files, but nothing works.

  45. Started by Johannisbeer Ohm,

    Hi.I want to install the armbian in the mini ms8 pro with the amlogic s912 and 2gb ram ddr3 but i don't know how to install it.I have burned the s912 iso in the microsd but i can't run the installation. Benchmarks Antutu – 40142 GeekBench4 – 476 Single-Core and 2473 Multi-Core 3D Mark Ice Storm Extreme – 6284 A1 SD Bench Memory – RAM Copy 3347.01 Mbps / ROM (R)35.65 Mbps and (W)11.31 Mbps / SD Card (R)14.15 Mbps and (W)12.76 Mbps

  46. Hello everyone, I have a device from this brand. An ISP in Turkey distributes this device. It needs to be unlocked. I want to install Armbian on it. However, it doesn’t look like any device I’ve seen online. The motherboard is different from all the devices I checked. Is there anyone who can help me? I can access the device via ADB. I can install APK files. The device has an S905X processor and 1 GB of RAM. It is running Android 9.

  47. Hello, I have some troubles with this TVBOX: it runs armbian and other distros correctly, using the meson-gxm-t95z-plus.dtb but sometimes wifi goes into kernel panic at boot, and when it does, the whole system becomes unstable (i.e. not rebooting, eth0 hangs...). I have extracted the original .DTB from the only firmware that exists for this box, the ancient 6.0 Marshmellow Android (I guess it's a 3.x kernel...). I attach it to this message hoping someone more expert than me can help in making it work ina more stable manner. I attach a picture of the board also, it reads "M8S". Box has 2GB ram and 16GB eMMC, brcmfmac wifi/bt and ZTE PHY chip. …

  48. Started by Adan,

    Hi, I would like to know if its possible to boot from SD card in my model of Android TV BOX. It does not have a reset button but has an update app. Its a Giga TV Box HD890 4K. It has an Amlogic CPU I do all the process of installing Armbian in the SD card, Android starts an update and it says: "Map file is too short". I really dont know what I have to do to enable multi boot. Installation is aborted. Im getting really upset for not being able to install Armbian. Any help to this issue would be really welcome. Sorry for my bad english

  49. Started by gustavoppw,

    Hello guys, im trying to install armbian to internal emmc, but armbian-install neither the other file exists, please help, thanks

  50. I have an x92 box with Amlogic Meson GXM (S912). The SOC has a Mali-T820 GPU, and the box has 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of eMMC. I'm running Armbian 25.11.2 noble on it. While using the Wayfire Wayland GUI, there is a lot of kernel output like this, constantly repeating: panfrost d00c0000.gpu: shader power transition timeout panfrost d00c0000.gpu: tiler power transition timeout panfrost d00c0000.gpu: l2 power transition timeout The GUI works, and hardware 3D acceleration works. But it would be nice to get this spam out of the logs, and I also wonder if there is really some problem. Like, maybe the kernel doesn't know how to change GPU voltages. May…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.1k views
  51. Started by JP Toggl3,

    I've spent the last couple of months playing around (low-end testing just to see what the software and I are capable of) with Debian and docker: RSS, Nextcloud, navidrome, immich, nothing earth-shattering. I was doing this in a VM so I could wipe and restart in case of failure/learning curve issues, which was great. Everybody's got to have a hobby, right? After much foibles, I had gotten the setup into something I liked and understood the pratfalls to expect in installation. Ready for primetime, I didn't want to leave this in the VM (I have constant paranoia about usage on my power-sucking desktop), but I have a T95 Max plus TV box sitting around doing nothing but K…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  52. Hi, is there any way to install Armbian on the built-in emmc memory on an mxq 4k pro with an s905w processor? Should I follow these guides? https://7ji.github.io/embedded/2022/11/08/alarm-install.html https://7ji.github.io/embedded/2022/11/11/ept-with-ampart.html Or is the built-in script in the system sufficient and will do everything without damaging anything? I would be grateful for any tips

  53. Started by retro123,

    Hi guys, I try to install Armbian on my Amlogix G11pro (S509X2 based) TV Gamebox. It keeps booting only into my Emuelec SD card, if I plug it or with anyhting else it only boots into Android that is on eMMC. I understood that I have to use the toothpic method to press the reset button to get into the recovery mode. I tried this but failed as my toothpic didnt reach anything I could click, it just went through. so I opened the box and found that behind the audio jack there is nothing (see attached pic). there is empty space with three connectors on the board, maybe that is the place where usually the micro switch for the reset button sits, but I am not sure. Before …

  54. Started by ROOD,

    Hello, i think i bricked my H96 Pro Plus, like a year ago i installed Armbian on it. Today i flashed a SD with a new version, reinstalled octoprint etc and finally tried to burn it to the emmc using "./install-aml.sh" it seemed to work the process ended and i powered it off, removed the SD and tried to boot it up. The only thing i see is the H96 Pro+ Logo and thats it. I tried to boot from the SD Card again but it didn't work. I reflashed the SD card, changed the dtb file etc, just to make sure it would boot normally but nothing. Im at that point where i think its bricked and i need to do some maskrom magic but i have no idea what to bridg…

    • Reputation Points

    • 22 replies
    • 10.4k views
  55. I have bought a TX60 Pro with S905L CPU, 16 GB RAM and 256 GB eMMC. I tried to run Armbian on it: wrote several images on microSD, but since it does not have a microSD reader, I plug it in in a microSD reader. Unfortunately, it does not boot from it, not even when I start it with the Reset button pressed. Is there any chance I can run Armbian on this box?

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 1.8k views
  56. Hello everyone! I am running Armbian in a BTV11 box (Amlogic S905X3) alongside the "meson-sm1-sei610.dtb". My cabled ethernet connection is working fine but not WIFI. No networks are found. I have already tried alternatives like meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb, that leads to my ethernet to also stop working. At first the Kernel was looking for `brcmfmac4330-sdio.seirobotics,sei610.bin` firmware, that doesnt exist in Armbian. So I made a symlink pointing to a generic `brcmfmac4330-sdio.bin`. Saw that similar fixes worked for other people. This is what I see from logs: `sudo dmesg`: [ 8.451121] brcmfmac: F1 signature read @0x18000000=0x16044330 [ …

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  57. i was installed armbian on hg680fj with schipset amlogic s905x2, replace dtb with spesific hg680fj and change xtlinux config, after that starting boot, but looping on armbian screen. please help ehat shoud i do.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  58. Started by Herman Hoekstra,

    Hello everybody, My Box is a oxtagon shaped t95z plus 2 mb 16 mb chipset: processor arm cortex -a53 mali T820 GPU AP6255 wifi ac + bluetooth 4.2 sandisk SDINAD1F4-16G 16G emmc 16G rom lanson L5TC4G63CFR x2 dram 2GB I try to install armbian_community_26_2 _0-trunk.100 aml-s9xx-box_noble_current_6.12.63_cinnamon_dektop.img.xz I use meson-gxm-vega-s96.dtb And u-boot-s905x-s912.dtb copy and rename as u-boot.ext It boots to ash then it stops No asking for password and user I have no clue what to do next I have entered armbian-config but this returns a error Any tips?

    • Reputation Points

    • 9 replies
    • 2.1k views
  59. I have an old MXQ Pro 4K (based on the original S905, not S905X or S905D, the original S905) which I tried to install armbian on, but I didn't know extra things were needed to set up uboot and dtb correctly, so I just flashed the image, put the SD card in my box, ran `reboot update` from Android to boot to the SD card, it showed the MXQ Pro logo, rebooted, went back to the MXQ Pro logo, and I can't get it to go past that. My box has a weird firmware issue (started immediately after a firmware restore so I don't think it's hardware damage) where the button in the headphone jack just... doesn't work, even when holding it, it still tries to boot to the eMMC, and now I have n…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  60. Started by Herman Hoekstra,

    What are the possible commands you can use I there a possibility to enable wifi on first boot Or set the monitor resolution Or other settings you can make

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  61. Started by Hyperblast,

    Hi, I'm new to this forum but I've been researching this topic for quite some time. I have a Mecool KM1 Deluxe with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, and an Amlogic S905X3 chip. I wanted to install Armbian to use it as a Linux device, but I've tried several versions and it hasn't worked. Someone mentioned on this forum that installing CoreELEC would prevent Armbian from booting. I installed emuelec and it worked perfectly, but I haven't been able to run Armbian. Could this be the reason? Thanks.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 971 views
  62. I’ve been testing Armbian on an Amlogic-based TV box, and wanted to share a short user experience. The device originally runs Android, but thanks to the Amlogic S9xx platform, it can boot Armbian from an SD card without touching the internal firmware. In my case, the system booted reliably and was usable for basic tasks like SSH access, light services, and general Linux testing. Ethernet and USB worked out of the box, while Wi-Fi and power management still required some manual tweaks, which seems common for community-supported TV boxes. For reference, the hardware I used belongs to the category of Amlogic TV boxes that are widely available on the m…

  63. Started by Kevin Putra Satrianto,

    Hi all, I have this Amlogic S905x2 (ddr3l) android tv box which I'm trying to boot Armbian on. Firstly, I was having issue with the default bootloader always booting into android, no matter if I used the sd card or usb. So then I lifted the emmc chip, in hope that it will then choose to boot from the sd card. However, I failed to notice that BL2 is stored in the emmc, and as you guessed, I need BL2 to boot into linux. Now I've read that you can use USB burning tool to send and start BL2 from RAM. However, I've no idea what to do next and what file am I even supposed to send via the USB Burning tool. I would be very thankful …

  64. Started by Johntrvr,

    I had an error when installing armbian on my M96H androidtv S950L3. Anyone any idea to resolve this?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  65. i have burn images armbian latest desktop version from official armbian website. but after finished burning, not showing Boot partition as usual. i have to change dtb file with working one from original dtb board.

    • Reputation Points

    • 12 replies
    • 6k views
  66. Started by tanaki,

    Hello, is it possible to install Armbian on Mecool BB2 S912/2GB ? Whick bootloader/dtb should I use? Thank you.

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  67. Device: A95X F1 TV Box SoC: Amlogic S905W OS: Armbian Linux Server (v6.12 and v6.18) & Desktop versions. Installation: To NAND/eMMC. The Issue: I am deploying about 10 units. The installation to NAND goes smoothly, and the system boots correctly. However, after running perfectly for a few hours, the devices crash: Video output goes to a black screen. Network is dead (No SSH, No PING). Power cycling the device does not recover the system; it remains in this "bricked" state. Recovery Method: Once the device crashes, I cannot simply reinstall Armbian. I am forced to: Flash the stock Android firmware using the USB Burning Tool. …

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 2.4k views
  68. I installed ambian in this tv box to run klipper for my 3d printer, but its been a years since I last used it and I totally forgot what was the user I created. I really didn't want to wipe the SD card because of my 3d printer's config files etc. Is there anything I can do to retrieve the user and password? Thanks.

  69. Started by adi2,

    Hi, I’ve installed Armbian to my Vero4k+ and all works fine except wired ethernet, the thing is it kind of works, but when I use different dtb files: meson-gxl-s905d-vero4k-plus.dtb wifi works, bluetooth works eth doesn’t, eth0 interface is UP but can’t get IP or set one, meson-gxl-s905d-p230.dtb wifi works, bluetooth doesn’t, eth generally works but when testing with iperf3 in server mode it’s great cca 930mbps 0 errors, but in client mode it depends of OS (ubuntu or debian) and kernel (5 or 6) used from 1-350mbps but with looooot of errors (cca. 67000 for 10 sec test) and if I limit link speed to 100mbps it doesn’t change much, also lot of errors, if…

  70. Started by Valentin B,

    I've been using this setup for a few good weeks without issues, same powered hub and everything, however after accidentally unplugging the server and being unable to boot I decided to reimage the SD Card and now the box refuses to detect my external 1TB 2.5" HDD (powered hub). Currently running latest server Debian (Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.22_Aml-s9xx-box_trixie_current_6.12.59) on X96 Mini (Amlogic S905W). I've tried to recreate my setup as close as possible to what I had before, however, now I cannot seem to be able to detect the HDD. The OS is installed on the SD Card. lsblk looks like this: NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOU…

  71. How I can install armbian on Xiaomi Mi tv stick 4k with SoC Amlogic S905Y4 & GPU Arm Mali-G31 MP2? Specifications Output Resolution - 4k CPU - Quad-core Cortex-A35 GPU - Mali-G31 MP2 RAM - 2GB Storage - 8GB Operating System - Android TV™ 11 Wireless connectivity - Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.2

  72. Started by dedemyt,

    Cinnamon desktop environment is bugged for me, both my a95x r2 (amlogic s905w) and a95x f3 slim (amlogic s905x3) showing no display, blank screen like no input after loging in. My suggestion for desktop ubuntu based varian, better change it to Mate desktop. The armbian desktop cinnamon varian based on ubuntu is now work for me after switching to mate desktop

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  73. Started by wazup,

    Hi, I've attached a photo so you can help me figure out where to connect it to create the short circuit and get the USB Burning Tool (Maskrom Mode) to recognize it. https://ibb.co/xKPt529n I couldn't upload the image, error -200

  74. The Wi-Fi isn't working. I've been trying to get it working for a week now. My hardware is a board from a TV set-top box based on the Amlogic S905X. I have six of them. Armbian OS v26.2, kernel 6.12.59-current-meson64 There are 6 adapters: noname aic8800 ax900 bt5.4 usb (Two types. Some are detected slightly differently by the system, but I want to figure out the first type first (on the left in the photo)) Photo of adapters: https://disk.yandex.ru/i/x37stQnEgEW52gра As far as I can tell, the manufacturer's website: https://www.fenvi.com/index.php/drive.html?id=1&page=2 What I've tried: https://resource.tp-link.com.cn/pc/docCenter…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 19k views
  75. Started by Herman Hoekstra,

    Hello there, I have found another problem. My setup: Monitor Samsung syncmaster 2032mw Windoze 10 reports 1280x768 60Hz T95Z plus box cpu amlogic meson(s912)arm cortex-a53 mali t820 gpu dtb used: amlogic/meson-gxm-t95z-plus.dtb everything works including WIFI. But I have overscan in the terminal and in de Cinnamon desktop I am looking for info https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Advanced-Configuration/ enable a custom screen resolution whitin x.org for a resolution when i open a terminal and run xrandr --listmonitors the result is: Monitors: 1 0: +HDMI 1920x1080/90+0+0 HDMI-1 then i type cvt 1628080 1768 but the next c…

  76. Started by wahran,

  77. Hello, I am using an X96 Air (S905X3) with Armbian (6.1.127-ophub) and I can see the hardware decoder working: v4l2-ctl --list-devices Amlogic Video Decoder (platform:meson-vdec): /dev/video0 However, the hardware encoder (VENC) does not appear: ls /dev/video* /dev/video0 ls /dev/amvenc* ls: cannot access '/dev/amvenc*': No such file or directory I want to use ffmpeg with hardware encoding (h264_v4l2m2m) for real-time RTMP streaming, but without the encoder device, it is not possible. Could you please explain: Does this kernel support VENC on S905X3 at all? If not, what changes are required to enable hard…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  78. Hi, posting a solution I have found how to boot Armbian on S905x device Scishion V88 Pro My device: * works, boots into an Android (has working u-boot) * has no reset button * contains thirdparty Android ROM that does not allow to enter aml burn mode * cannot use Android update app * does not respond to eMMC pin short (like in this post) The only way to boot Armbian in this case is to solder serial console, interrupt u-boot and run recover from sd card command: 1. solder serial console 2. connect usb-serial adapter 3. insert Armbian prepared SD card for your amlogic CPU version …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 6k views
  79. Started by Herman Hoekstra,

    Hello everybody, I am new at linux have ubuntu running on n old windows laptop now I found a new use for my old TVBOX i have lying around I need some help logging in to my tv box it is a T95ZPlus with a 912 soc I am booting Armbian_community_25.11.0-trunk.519_Aml-s9xx-box_plucky_edge_6.18.0-rc6_xfce_desktop.img.xz I copy u-boot-s905x2-s912 to u-boot.ext My extlinux.conf looks like this label Armbian_community kernel /Image initrd /uInitrd fdt /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxm-t95z-plus.dtb append root=UUID=8ba6ae05-2bb2-4d2c-bba6-ce6cd91ed2cb rootflags=data=writeback console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 rw no_co…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.2k views
  80. Hello i have an Tanix tx3 mini,with s905w processor. After a boot fail i can restore armbian, and i must to flash again android, and the box Is work again. Now i can't flash armbian because the box don't boot from microSD, any help?

  81. Started by andrew_2400,

    Hello, I have a problem after update on strong leap s1, it is stuck at the android tv loading screen, I found this method (1) Mecool KD3 Stick recovery reset | XDA Forums . Basically because this box doesn't have reset button, this method is can be used to get into recovery mode from where you can factory reset the box. Problem is that it's not working for me, is there anyone with same problem ? How did you solved it, please ? Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  82. Started by fsct2k,

    Hi. I installed Armbian Server on my TV box (Ugoos X3 Pro 4/64 x905x3) to the NAND, and I have some trouble with the RAM size in the system. I use meson-sm1-ugoos-x3.dtb. It turns out that only 1.8GB of 4GB RAM is available in the system. On the Russian forum 4PDA, I found some information on how to fix this. I repacked the DTB file and changed memory@ from 0x40000000 to 0xFF000000. After that, 3.8GB RAM appeared in the system, but it turned out the system was unstable and randomly froze. However, when I installed Armbian from an SD card, all 3.8GB RAM was available in the system, and the system worked fine and stable. I also used meson-sm1-ugoos-…

  83. Started by Manuel Escribano,

    Hi friends, could anyone tell me if Armbian is compatible with S905X5M? Thanks. Regards.

  84. Started by Baloven,

    I installed Zabbix 7.2 . as a result, I get a network scan error "'ICMP ping' checks failed: "/usr/bin/fping: can't create socket (must run as root?)"

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.6k views
  85. Started by Bombmitnei,

    need help regarding wifi, i tried different server img and found no working wifi, should i just install armbian full or keep searching,,,,,plus is latest recommended or older versions......my device is 1gb ram with 8 rom, it may sound cheap, but i got this piece for free just tryin to repurpose it rather than getting a pi, i need it only for klipper, i got no lan ports left(lan ports are filled with different uses), only wifi, or should i just give up

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  86. Started by snhvdnh snhvdnhsbjs,

    is there gpu acceleration support/drivers for s905w? if yes, where can i obtain that?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  87. I've installed Armbian Ubuntu Nobble Cinnamon on sdcard with Polytron PDB F1 and it's chipset amlogic S912 After login with lightdm, my screen turn black, What I should do?

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  88. Hello, i tried "Armbian_community_25.11.0-trunk.208_Aml-s9xx-box_plucky_edge_6.16.7_xfce_desktop.img" booting from a usb stick. First it looked, that it loads (the minix logo disappeared for some 100ms) which indicates that it loads, but then at the end the internal android booted. For comparison "LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-13.0-nightly-20250926-2f25ce3-box.img.gz" booted fine, even from the sdcard slot. My final goal is, to run "tvheadend" as server with a "Hauppauge WinTV-soloHD" Usb STick and "Moonlight" client for "sunshine" on a 1280x1024@60hz nec display. Can anybody pls tell me what i must download? Thx.

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.2k views
  89. Hi everyone, I’m trying to run Armbian on my old Mecool BB2 Pro TV box but I can’t get it to boot at all – the device always goes straight into Android. Device specs: Model: Mecool BB2 Pro CPU: Amlogic S912 (octa-core Cortex-A53) GPU: ARM Mali-T820MP3 RAM: 3GB DDR3 eMMC: 16GB Connectivity: 2× USB, HDMI, AV, SPDIF, Ethernet Gigabit Wi-Fi/Bluetooth: (chip unknown, maybe AP6255) What I tried so far: Burned several Armbian images with Etcher and DD in Linux. Tried both SD card and USB stick. Tested multiple DTBs: gxm_q200_3g, gxm_q201_3g, p212_3g, and some generic ones. Formatted SD c…

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 3.4k views
  90. Hello everyone! I have a TVBox Tanix V2 with Debian Trixie installed. I'd like to know if I can use /dev/ttyS0 to connect a zigbee coordinator? He doesn't seem to be doing anything. tvbox:/#lsof -n | grep /dev/ttyS0 lsof: no pwd entry for UID 1883 [ 0.000899] printk: legacy console [tty0] enabled [ 0.257827] fe07a000.serial: ttyS0 at MMIO 0xfe07a000 (irq = 14, base_baud = 1500000) is a meson_uart This is what is available from the console. Thanks in advance!

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.8k views
  91. Started by KrzyPacu,

    I'm trying to compile an LED display driver: https://github.com/arthur-liberman/linux_openvfd I follow this description: https://github.com/bk3a12/openvfd_enable_for_tx3_mini However, I can't build anything and the whole process ends with errors: sh ./scripts/modules-check.sh /home/user/INSTALKI/linux_openvfd/driver/modules.order make -f ./scripts/Makefile.modpost make[3]: *** No rules to make an object '/home/user/INSTALKI/linux_openvfd/driver/modules.order', required by '/home/user/INSTALKI/linux_openvfd/driver/Module.symvers'. Stop. make[2]: *** [/usr/src/linux-headers-6.12.33-current-meson64/Makefile:1897: modpost] Error 2 make[1]: *** [Makefile:224: __sub-make…

  92. Started by Ian Coelho,

    Hello guys! I have a T95Z Plus TV BOX with 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM, and an arm S912 CPU. I can run Armbian just fine from the SD card, but when I try to install it on the eMMC, I get an error message saying something like, "You're already running from eMMC, or the eMMC was not found." And, obviously, I'm not running from eMMC, so it seems like the system just isn't detecting it. I did some research, and it seems like there might be different eMMC manufacturers for the same T95Z Plus model. So, I might need to adjust the "Max frequency" parameter in the .DTB file for the T95Z Plus in order for Armbian to recognize the eMMC on my device. D…

  93. ey i have a SDMC DV8040 stb ,SoC-Amlogic S805X,CPU-Quad-core 1.2 GHz,GPU-ARM Mali-450,RAM-1GB,Storage-8GB it currently runs custom made android 9 i want to install Armbian linux to it .. i tried almost every youtube video methods to install but none of them worked .. but i was able to serial communicate with it but functions are limited ..please help me

  94. Started by kevinH,

    Hi, I am returning to Armbian after quite a few years. I was trying to follow guidance from nexbox-a95x-armbian and after a search found the debian & Ubunt images (https://www.armbian.com/uefi-arm64/) which I downloaded and wrote to a USB using Rufus (also balenaEtcher). I then tries to look at the FAT32 partition contents but the GPT was corrupt - tried many windows tools and Linux.I "repaired" the GPT using Linux tools but then the FAT32 filesystem was corrupt. What am I doing wrong? any help much appreciated

    • Reputation Points

    • 13 replies
    • 3.7k views
  95. Started by Antaunin_,

    I have located a G11 pro and would appreciate guidance on how to install Armbian on it. I have attempted various solutions, but none have been successful. Additionally, I am unable to select from the recovery menu without a remote control.

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 3.9k views
  96. Started by Pat78,

    Hello In the past I installed armbian into emmc (a95xf3-air) with a USB key. All was ok. Now I would like to do a fresh install with the current release : I burned the image, make the changes (extlinux …) Boot with the "toothpick" method, ssh , the armbian release is the old one from the emmc, not the recent from the key. How is it possible to boot with the recent one with ssh (no display no keyboard) ? And after copy the new release to emmc. Thanks for help

  97. Started by Reddwarf,

    Has anyone been able to use the remote control that comes with the tv bos under Armbian? Does it reqire additional driver(s)? I want to run Kodi (or any better mediacenter) under Armbian.

  98. I happen to have got a Android tv box with a s905Y5 processor. I got this by a tv subscription from a company airtel in India. I unsubscribed from the subscription and my tv box is completely useless. it asks money for watching youtube!!!. I am extremely frustrated from this approach by this company so please help me save this from getting into e-waste. From my research i found that it runs android 14 with a custom launcher which checks for the subscription and a locked down kernel/bootloader which checks for signatures before boot. I came to know these from the uart output. I also found that it is basically a customised version of this box https://www…

  99. Hi,anyone intrested in porting armbian linux to Ugoos AM9 s905x5(64bit) I can provide necessary files from root partitions,device tree and stuff like that. Any help is appreciated 😊

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4.1k views
  100. Hello, My pet labubu and I got the most recent onecloud/odroid c1 versions fully working on my horrid former Oriental TV box, the TVPad 4 (previously brought up by user @daniyo). Everything works perfectly, except I want to finish my building by installing to eMMC. None of the recent builds I can find come with an install.sh script, and I cannot see the eMMC (or NAND if it's NAND) in lsblk or any of the installers. Does anyone have any clues or suggestions that can help the poor long suffering Labubu fix this issue? He just wants to watch IPTV and play little games

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.