Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FredK

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FredK

  1. @jimbolaya I'll try to summarize how I got sys-oled up and running. Six years ago I built my Helios4 with Armbian and OMV running a RAID5 with four disks. sys-oled was generated as documented in the Kobol Wiki. At some point migrating from Buster till Bookworm the OLED was no more working. I had to edit the sys-oled sources in minor ways (Today I cant remember any more what I did). In April 2026 I moved OMV to a 64bit platform. The Helios4 is used nowadays for testing purposes. To do so, I installed Armbian from scratch using "Armbian_25.11.1_Helios4_trixie_current_6.6.116_minimal.img". sys-oled was up and running. I adapt /etc/sys-oled.conf, that's all. My /etc/sys-oled.conf: [main] # Define your OLED display model # Check luma.oled project to check supported displays. display_model = sh1106 # Define OLED display contrast level (value: 0 to 255) contrast = 255 # Show Helios4 logo (value: yes or no) show_logo = yes # Status refresh interval refresh = 10 [device] # Network Device network_name = end1 # Storage Device 1 # Device name storage1_name = DiskA # Device mount path storage1_path = /mnt/A # Storage Device 2 storage2_name= DiskB storage2_path= /mnt/B sys-oled also "survived" the subsequent switch to rolling releases. I will look for a recent backup of my Helios4 before reinstall in April.
  2. @eselarm The steps I performed: Starting with 26.2.1 (6.6 kernel) => No WOL Switching to rolling packages repository, but still a 6.6 kernel => No WOL Waiting for the upgrade to a 6.18 kernel (info by @Mangix) 6.18 available as an alternative kernel. Installed => WOL works to be triggered by pm-suspend That's all I did. The new content of /lib/systemd/system/helios4-wol.service seemed to be installed upgrading to the 6.18 kernel, but I prepared a comparable script already in step 1.
  3. @Mangix > I'm planning to test WOL planned during the next week. First tests successful after switching to kernel 6.18.44-edge-mvebu. /lib/systemd/system/helios4-wol.service: [Unit] Description=Enable Wake-on-LAN for Helios4 eth0 After=network-online.target Wants=network-online.target [Service] ExecStart=/bin/sh -c '/bin/ls -1 /sys/class/net/ | /bin/grep -E "^(eth|en[do])[0-9]+" | /bin/xargs -n1 -I{} /sbin/ethtool -s "{}" wol g' Type=oneshot [Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target Suspend system: sudo pm-suspend Wake-on-LAN works.
  4. @Mangix Kernel 6.18.44-edge-mvebu is available now and installed as alternative kernel. I'm planning to test WOL planned during the next week.
  5. @Mangix "No other kernels available!" Still waiting ... (but for me WOL is not a crucial feature)
  6. @jimbolaya Did you use the informations at https://wiki.kobol.io/helios4/i2c/ ?
  7. @jimbolaya IIRC it is sufficient to use the latest Helios4 image (https://dl.armbian.com/helios4/Trixie_current_minimal). OLED support is available.
  8. @Mangix > Btw do I have it right that you're using Armbian without OMV? To use OMV8, Nextcloud AIO and other packages I built a new platform based on Odroid H4+, i.e. no Armbian but Debian. The good old Helios4 is used for testing, experimenting (e.g. Full XFCE), and stuff. > WOL might work on a newer 6.18 release of the kernel. As you see in my signature I switched to rolling packages repository but the kernel is still Linux 6.6.144-current-mvebu.
  9. As you might see in my signature I decided to retain the Helios4 withdrawing the goodbye message above. @laibsch Actual problem: I didn't succeed in configuring Wake-on-LAN on 26.2.1. What I did was to replace "eth0" by "end1" in /lib/systemd/system/helios4-wol.service Triggering the suspend mode by pm-suspend Decompilation of armada-388-helios4.dtb didn't contain the device tree patch mentioned in https://wiki.kobol.io/helios4/files/wol/helios4-dts-add-wake-on-lan-support.patch Any clue what's missing? @Igor armbian-config does not find any .dtb files in /boot/dtb ("Device Tree Editor") /boot/dtb is a symlink to the directory dtb-6.6.124-current-mvebu.
  10. After more than six successful years with Helios4, I have to say goodbye to this platform and the highly valued, helpful, and knowledgeable Armbian forum. With 32-bit, it’s no longer feasible to continue using it in the future. I have installed the 4 8TB hard drives from the NAS into an Odroid H4+ (Intel, 64-bit), installed OMV8, and on top of that, Nextcloud-AIO Hub 26 Winter and AdGuardHome. Thank you very much for your support over the past few years. btw. The Helios4 hardware (excluding the hard drives) is still available.
  11. @wolf7250 > Is it possible this has been resolved now and I won't need to do anything? I think so, because I was just able to perform a package update without any problems. > Or will I likely need to run the commands that Igor listed in the post that you linked? The background of my post was to encourage you to upgrade your OMV6 to OMV7 (after a full backup) and if the same (minor) problems arise, the solution is well-known.
  12. @wolf7250fyi: I upgraded my Helios4 from OMV6 to OMV7 RC1 in February 2024 already. Upgrade went smoothly. But after that further OMV updates were not possible, solution found at https://forum.armbian.com/topic/23465-apt-get-update-fails-with-public-key-errors/?do=findComment&comment=178626
  13. > ... straightforward and smooth. Same in 25.8.2
  14. ... straightforward and smooth.
  15. @Igor > There are few other things that would be nice to get working - I notice WOL service erroring out, fan support is unknown. Regarding "fan support": Fan was working correctly after installing fancontrol, see https://forum.armbian.com/topic/44379-fancontrol-bookworm-solved/#findComment-209055 (Thread is in Standard support->Other families->Helios 4)
  16. @helios4user12 > I updated the sd card with the provided image via dd. Will this be a one time thing? Yes. In the meantime there were further updates and my Helios4 is still going strong.
  17. @Igor After @Mangix's post I was able to fix my installation patching the bootloader. I'm aware that Helios4 is a dead-end and I plan to switch to a 64bit-SBC providing 4 or 5 SATA-ports (but I don't find a suitable board up to now).
  18. @Mangix Thank you, that was simple. @Dee2022 What I did: Download of the 1st SolidRun image (... sd.kwb) Copy the image to SDcard containing unbootable Armbian 25.2 (on my Linux desktop using dd, SDcard available here at /dev/sdf) sudo dd if=u-boot-helios-4-sd.kwb of=/dev/sdf bs=512 seek=1 status=noxfer sudo sync Boot Helios4. Voilà.
  19. @Igor Is a new update to 25.2 for Helios4 planned of the kernel binaries ? If so, when can this be expected? If not, what can I do? The post of @Josua-SR is marked as solution. But I have no idea what to do with the *.kwb files from SolidRun. In particular I never made a custom build.
  20. Same here: "No boot after upgrade to Armbian 25.2.2". Same message: Wrong Ramdisk Image Format Ramdisk image is corrupt or invalid The very "unfriendly" behaviour was the unattended-upgrade. Therefore I had no chance first to make an update of my 24.11 system with Linux 6.6.63-current-mvebu (see signature). I had to use for recovery the backup from 24.8 immediately before 24.11 in the pipeline. The recovered system is now Armbian 24.8 with Linux 6.6.47-current-mvebu. Any chance to get 24.11 again?
  21. @pegamonstro I'm using a very similar configuration (see signature) but as a part of OMV. Last February I performed the upgrade to bookworm and OMV7 without any severe problem worth mentioning. mdadm and /proc/mdstat were present. The multiple device /dev/md0 is now present as /dev/md127. Perhaps it would help to install OMV7 to see whether your RAID5 can be recovered using OMV storage management.
  22. @Igor Thank you for your comment and caveat. SATA port multiplication is definitely a no-go for my application (OMV6 + RAID5 with 4 8TB HDD). Is there any Armbian-based recommendation supporting 4 SATA ports "natively"? I want to avoid to go away from Armbian and looking for for a Mini-ITX based configuration (e.g. Intel N100).
  23. I (still) use Helios4 which has been downgraded to "Community maintained" recently after Armbian 23.8.1. I'm aware that I have to migrate to a different HW later in 2025 because It's getting more difficult every day to deal with a 32-bit system using OMV (plus some docker based services) with Armbian. Question: Is there any good advice for a 64-bit HW supported by Armbian and (at least) 4 SATA ports?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.