Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NickB

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NickB

  1. Thanks for your help Werner. I'm surprised that the SPI version of U-Boot would prevent an SD Card booting. Once the SPI U-Boot had failed to boot from NVME, USB, etc one would hope that the oPi5 delegated all responsibility to the SD Card, to minimize the risk of bricking. I'm a bit reluctant to wipe my SPI which currently works with NVME. As with SmoothCrimnal75 my SPI version of U-Boot will boot a 26.5 Armbian SD Card using a USB adapter, it only fails from the SD Card slot. So I can use the USB adapter for testing the new release. If I want to transfer it to the NVME, I suspect my current U-Boot SPI will work for that too.
  2. I'm having trouble booting my Orange Pi5 off an SD Armbian_26.5.1_Orangepi5_trixie_vendor_6.1.115_minimal.img. I just get a blank screen. Older versions of Armbian do boot off an SD card, it also boots off NVME. I do have an old version of U-Boot flashed on SPI (Thanks to Joshua Riek), which I use because it is compatible with my KingSpec NVME drives, other versions of U-Boot did not recognize KingSpec NVME, including Armbian versions of U-Boot. I last tested Armbian U-Boot about 6 months ago, it failed. The Console log looks normal-ish right up to the point it just stops. Console Log --- DDR 9fffbe1e78 cym 24/02/04-10:09:20,fwver: v1.16 LPDDR4X, 2112MHz channel[0] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=16 CS1 Row=16 CS=2 Die BW=16 Size=2048MB channel[1] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=16 CS1 Row=16 CS=2 Die BW=16 Size=2048MB channel[2] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=16 CS1 Row=16 CS=2 Die BW=16 Size=2048MB channel[3] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=16 CS1 Row=16 CS=2 Die BW=16 Size=2048MB Manufacturer ID:0x1 CH0 RX Vref:28.5%, TX Vref:19.8%,20.8% CH1 RX Vref:29.3%, TX Vref:20.8%,20.8% CH2 RX Vref:28.5%, TX Vref:21.8%,21.8% CH3 RX Vref:29.7%, TX Vref:22.8%,21.8% change to F1: 528MHz change to F2: 1068MHz change to F3: 1560MHz change to F0: 2112MHz out U-Boot SPL board init U-Boot SPL 2017.09 (Aug 31 2024 - 15:22:22) unknown raw ID 41 18 20 Trying to boot from MMC2 spl: partition error Trying fit image at 0x4000 sector ## Verified-boot: 0 ## Checking atf-1 0x00040000 ... sha256(7612223b82...) + OK ## Checking u-boot 0x00800000 ... sha256(642bfeda4e...) + OK ## Checking fdt-1 0x008d6c48 ... sha256(7b2c4c6dbe...) + OK ## Checking atf-2 0x000f0000 ... sha256(b2af21b504...) + OK ## Checking atf-3 0xff100000 ... sha256(70505bb764...) + OK Jumping to U-Boot(0x00800000) via ARM Trusted Firmware(0x00040000) Total: 266.68/489.129 ms --- +
  3. VERSION=24.8.4 REVISION=24.8.4 Problems: No display. (access only via SSH) CIFS mounts fail Lots of dmesg messages similar to: ... [ 6.421534] rtk_btusb: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout ... [ 6.504179] uio: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout ... [ 376.377046] ipv6: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout ... [ 379.869911] cifs_md4: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout ... Is this problem known about?
  4. On the Orange Pi 5 (Armbian_24.8.0-trunk.468_Orangepi5_noble_edge_6.10.2_gnome-kisak_desktop.img.xz) Is booting, but I get no output to a monitor via HDMI, using standard resolutions. However, I can access via ssh. I would guess the relevant error from DMESG is rockchip-drm display-subsystem: [drm:rockchip_drm_platform_probe [rockchipdrm]] *ERROR* No available vop found for display-subsystem. I also note my NVME drive goes missing. Finally, it is not my experience that any version of Armbian, or Joshua Riek's distro, works well on the Orange Pi 5. All versions are problematic with the VPU, in my case, all versions eventually crash displaying 1080p HEVC video. This is why I, and I suspect many others, are interested in the 6.10 kernel, with MESA/panthor.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.