Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

calusbr

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by calusbr

  1. @Amalia Could you share your image? To test on the batch of TV Boxes that I have, I would like to test these Boxes in graphic mode. I appreciate any help in advance!
  2. I’m using the DEVMFC version [https://github.com/devmfc/debian-on-amlogic]. Additionally, I took the `/boot` partition and copied all the files from the Devmfc_Ubuntu-Oracular_6.12.11-meson64_Minimal-25.01.24.img.xz image. Then, I downloaded the same version available from the Armbian community, but with a graphical interface: Armbian_community_25.5.0-trunk.4_Aml-s9xx-box_noble_current_6.12.12_xfce_desktop.img.xz. I first flashed the Armbian image onto a USB drive. Then, in the `/boot` partition, I moved all existing root files into a `/backup` folder. After that, I copied the files from the DEVMFC version into the root of the `/boot` partition on the USB drive. Surprisingly, when I tried to boot this setup on a TV Box similar to the Vontar X4, which has an S905X4 processor, it actually booted! It prompted me to create a root password, a regular user, set the language, and select a time zone. Then, it successfully launched into X for the graphical interface. However, it seems that USB ports were either disabled, or the system froze—the login screen was visible, and the keyboard cursor was blinking, but no input was possible. I believe this is a solid starting point for getting Armbian images with a graphical interface running on S905X4 (Meson SC2), S905W2 (Meson S4), and S905Y4 (Meson S4) processors. Even without hardware-accelerated graphics, it should still be usable for basic applications like Notepad, text editors, spreadsheets, calculators, terminal access, and other simple tasks. Has anyone else made progress running Armbian on the S905X4?
  3. @Devmfc Did you manage to run an Armbian system for the S905W2 processor with a graphical interface? I have a TV Box S905W2 with SV6256P and I would like to convert it to Armbian.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.