Everything posted by bushw
-
Is Netplan acting like hidden malware?
I think Thunderbird, Firefox and other programs should configure firewall as well, of course without any information about that.
-
Is Netplan acting like hidden malware?
To be honest, I'm shocked that I need to provide evidence. I assumed this was common knowledge — at the very least among the forum moderators — and that we'd be discussing how it's even possible for the recommended package to behave this way. How to reproduce it? Just implement "mode: ap" in netplan config and check your iptables chains.
-
Is Netplan acting like hidden malware?
Armbian uses Netplan by default to manage network settings. But when it uses NetworkManager as renderer, it silently changes iptables rules—without asking, without telling. *Neither Netplan nor NetworkManager are supposed to manage firewall settings.* But they do it anyway, behind the scenes. That kind of behavior—making security changes without user consent—feels a lot like what malware does.
-
WiFi usb adapter MT7601u - AP, Access Point
Has anyone made WiFi adapter MT7601u to work with Rockchip64 as AP? I'm unable to compile the driver. I've tried: https://github.com/muratdemirtas/MT7601u https://github.com/Vyacheslav-S/mt7601u-AP https://github.com/Anthony96922/mt7601u-ap I've installed current headers, build-essential libncurses-dev bison flex libssl-dev libelf-dev. Any help appreciate it.
-
keyboard- is it software issue?
Hello, Recently I have upgraded Armbian on my PBP (w/o kernel). My current kernel is 5.10.60 #21.08.1. I know, it's old but the newer only makes PBP unusable at all - black screen on boot. My current issue concerns the PBP keyboard. Some keys started generating weird outputs. I have never faced with something like that. When I press 'q' - output is - aq2468 x - zxetuj c - cfghk d - DWRI 1 - the screen is dimming I have no idea if this is software or hardware issue. The computer was on the shelf. Nothing has happened to it physically. After years of fighting with this crap :( - I want to be sure if that is the last straw to put this computer to the garbage or maybe I can fix it. If I connect an external keyboard there is no issue.
-
encrypted Root disk - be careful with upgrading kernel
!!! Warning !!!: Think twice before you upgrade kernel on your PineBook Pro. After years unfortunately I decided to unlock upgrades Armbian Kernels and upgraded kernel to the newest one (current) - 5.15.93. After reboot Armbian couldn't find my encrypted root disk and booting ended every time in (initramfs). I installed again kernel 5.10.60 #21.08.1 and Armbian finds my encrypted disk again. Of course still there is no information that I have to enter the password to unlock disk but only black screen. Happily I know that I have to enter the password when the screen is black. Every upgrade of Armbian is connected with a dose of stress that I'll have to fix my computer. I thought that every following kernel should fix errors not create them.