Raspberry Pi
| Download Armbian OS images: | Provide logs: |
| Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu. |
Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.
|
74 topics in this forum
-
I tried to replace PXVirt on my Raspberry Pi 4 (8GB RAM) with a fresh Proxmox installation. I flashed the Armbian 26.8.1 minimal image and then ran `apt update && apt full-upgrade`. I started the installation with : armbian-config --cmd PVE001 An error occurred during installation: An apt update shows Hit:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie InRelease Get:2 http://security.debian.org trixie-security InRelease [43.4 kB] Get:3 http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve trixie InRelease [4,357 B] Get:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie-updates InRelease [47.3 kB] Hit:5 https://github.armbian.com/configng sta…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Installed minimal debian image on my rPI5B. Then used "armbian-config --cmd PVE001" to install Proxmox. That went well with no reported errors. Navigated to the Proxmox web GUI and it looked and acted as expected. I currently have an AMD64 Proxmox cluster operating on my homelab so I am familiar with Proxmox. I wanted to make some changes to my network configuration using the Proxmox GUI. When I clicked the "Apply Configuration" button, it threw an "incompatible ifupdown2 package version" instead of applying the configuration.
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm struggling to get the Pi Camera 3/IMX708 detected by the Zero 2W. It's an IMX708 sensor, and that is correctly showing in dmesg, but the V4L2 devices (/dev/video0, /dev/video1) for the camera are not set up. All the normal encoder devices are fine. I'm using a custom build but it's essentially minimal (and no desktop) current with trixie and no extensions, following the standard command for building an image. The dmesg log reads as follows: [ 10.719672] imx708 10-001a: camera module ID 0x0302 [ 10.719876] imx708 10-001a: ctrl(id:0x9f0902,val:0x232aaf80) is not handled [ 10.722275] imx708 10-001a: ctrl(id:0x9e0902,val:0x2b20) is…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I recently got a Raspberry Pi 5 and installed Armbian on it. Most things work fine, aside for some weird output issues in htop and nano. I noticed, when I go to the Raspberry Pi page on Armbian, the url refers to the Pi 4b, not the 5. I also found some articles online linking to a specific Pi 5b page (which I thought was weird since that model doesn't exist), but it just redirects to the 4b page. Then, I went searching in the archive and found that, at some point, there were specific 5b images available (https://armbian.hosthatch.com/archive/rpi5b/archive). Which of these should I use? Is the 4b image okay to use on a Pi 5? Or do you not suppo…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 8.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Armbian forum people! I'm trying to setup bcache for my openmediavault. But it seems the `bcache` module is not installed? Which means I cannot use `bcache` at the moment with openmediavault. I do know that the bcache has been added only recently: * https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/9550?ref=blog.armbian.com * "Enable BCACHE on Raspberry Pi build" But no go so far.. Is there anything I can do?
-
Greetings, I installed Armbian Noble with gnome desktop, specifically "Armbian_26.2.1_Rpi4b_noble_current_6.18.9_gnome_desktop.img" on a Raspberry Pi 5. Updated system and installed chrome since I need to play some media from inside chromium browser. However, I checked to see that hardware accelerated video decode is not actually supported within Armbian currently. Previously I had official Raspberry Pi OS installed when I first had a look at the device and there it was enabled. It's kind of a minor thing but I've used different hardware with Armbian before and it would make things a lot easier for me if I can keep using Armbian on Raspberry Pi 5 as well.…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5.7k views
-
-
hi, using rpi5, sometimes swap with rpi400, I have problem with the last upgrade, after reboot kernel does not boot, stuck in starting system. One or two of theses pkg fail. Thanks in advance
-
Hi Armbian_25.5.1_Rpi4b_bookworm_current_6.12.28 broken after last upgrade. I run apt upgrade which installed kernel 6.18.10. It breaks ZFS. Provided ZFS version, 2.3.2, supports kernels up to 6.14. Don't forget a snapshot before "apt upgrade" 🙂 Regards, Chris
-
I'm having a problem with my Raspberry Pi 5, which I describe below. I have a DVR connected to it via Ethernet. If I connect both at the same time, dmesg reports a failure and I can't ping the DVR to establish a connection; I have to run `ifconfig eth0 down` and `ifconfig eth0 up`. Can anyone help or know if there's a bug in the kernel version? I'm using Ubuntu 22.04. jammy root:~# dmesg | grep eth0 [ 1.312167] macb 1f00100000.ethernet eth0: Cadence GEM rev 0x00070109 at 0x1f00100000 irq 108 (2c:cf:67:81:d6:2a) [ 3.237493] systemd[1]: Found device /sys/subsystem/net/devices/eth0. [ 3.453483] systemd[1]: Started ifup for eth0. …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I need help. Every version I generate for Raspberry Pi 5 Armbian-unofficial_25.08.0-trunk_Rpi4b_noble_current_6.12.32_minimal shows the error shown in the photo.
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just updated many armbian files shown as available for update. After the update sudo apt update shows the error message: E: The repository 'http://apt.armbian.com bookworm Release' is no longer signed. N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default. N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details. How can I fix this or was signing simply forgotten? Thank you!
-
I've observed a significant difference in SSH login speed between DietPi and Armbian on Raspberry Pi 4B (headless setup). Environment Raspberry Pi 4B (headless) DietPi (recently installed) Armbian (previously used) Both systems use default settings Observations SSH login to DietPi is consistently faster than Armbian by a few seconds with default settings. Initially suspected MOTD settings, tested files under /etc/update-motd.d/. Discovered that 10-armian-header adds approximately 1 second to login time. Disabled this component but SSH login to Armbian still remained slow. Found related discussion on Ra…
-
I'm having trouble with the raspberry omv builds. The latest build I can get working is 24.11.1 which doesn't survive an upgrades (I've tried holding the various packages that seem to cause issues which used to work but doesn't work anymore. The suggested trouble shooting on the download page doesn't work either. Currently the 25.11.1 build is stuck in a bootloop, the only irregularity I can identify is failure to load console-setup.service message. I had a working system that lost my soundcard/DAC-hat after trying to address update error messages which's what started this whole refresh process
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I successfully installed and tested PiClone (or also called SD Card Copier) in Armbian 25.8.1 Trixie on a Raspberry PI 4b with SD cards and SSD via USB adapter and vice versa. Might also work on other Debian based distro's. I just leave my personal instructions here in case others need PiClone too to make copy of good working Armbian install and configuration. To be clear I am not a very advanced user, so others may know to do more efficient. But it is working here without issue. Moved to Armbian because was fed up with annoyances in DietPI, certain things being too different from pure Debian that I use on "regular" computers. Raspberry PI OS i…
-
Hello! I have an RPi5 8GB board that I bought off of AliExpress, along with a Waveshare PoE M.2 HAT+ ( https://www.waveshare.com/poe-m.2-hat-plus-b.htm ) Initially I tried to use the Noble XFCE image, by following the recommended installation procedure via rpi-imager via a USB drive, hoping to install the system to a Toshiba (Kioxia) NVMe drive. The RPI5 was connected to a CrowView Note. What I saw was that the firmware loaded up the necessary files from the USB drive (then later the micro-SD card), and the initramfs loaded up too, then systemd started up, and probably when the screen usually goes blank for a short time (probably switchin…
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 6.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Error trying to run apt upgrade. Here is the error I receive: The following packages have unmet dependencies: armbian-bsp-cli-rpi4b-current : Depends: base-files (>= 25.8.2) but 25.8.1-12.4+deb12u11-bookworm is to be installed E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages. I am not sure how to resolve this. Help will be greatly appreciated.
-
I have a raspberry pi running "Armbian 25.11.0-trunk.38 trixie" - I want to use this as a gateway, including running wireguard. When I install 'wireguard' and 'wireguard-tools' I receive this error: ``` Summary: Upgrading: 0, Installing: 0, Removing: 0, Not Upgrading: 2 2 not fully installed or removed. …
-
Recently, when I run `armbian-upgrade`, I was greeted with an update to raspi-firmware. However, this version of firmware doesn't seem to work with the corresponding intramfs with kernel 6.12.44. sudo armbian-upgrade Hit:1 https://mirrors.ustc.edu.cn/armbian trixie InRelease Hit:2 https://mirrors.ustc.edu.cn/debian trixie InRelease Hit:3 https://mirrors.ustc.edu.cn/debian trixie-updates InRelease Hit:4 https://mirrors.ustc.edu.cn/debian-security trixie-security InRelease Hit:5 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease Get:6 https://apt.syncthing.net syncthing InRelease [24.2 kB] Fetched 24.2 kB in 2s (14.8 kB/s) 2 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt li…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 4.9k views
-
-
Hello, I have installed NextcloudPi on my Raspberry PI5. Current OS is installed currently: Now, I would like to make an upgrade and get the following issue. What can I do? I am very grateful for any help.
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Actually using a zero2w but same image obv as rpi4... unable to login (refused ssh). had to switch back to the 25.2.3 build
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Upon reading the content of RPi5 about 6.12 from this and this , I was under the impression that it's okay to upgrade the Armbian 24.11 based NextCloudPi to a 6.12 kernel. Well, I was wrong and the RPi5 current stuck in the RPi Logo on a black page. Net address seems to be 0.0.0.0. I could really use some advice on how to restore this, perhaps some `chroot` method from another Linux machine to get the right kernel package and intramfs. Here are the steps that got me to the current situation. Maybe a hint on how to restore? 1. Mark `raspi-firmware`, like what was recommended in 1st post. sudo apt-mark hold raspi-firmware [sudo] passwo…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 6.4k views
-
-
A display connected to the DSI connector of Raspberry Pi 5 does not work when using Armbian. However, the display works perfectly when using the Raspberry OS. My OS image is: Armbian_25.2.2_Rpi4b_bookworm_current_6.12.15_cinnamon_desktop Dmesg reveals the following information: [ 13.283052] mipi-dsi 1f00118000.dsi.0: deferred probe pending: mipi-dsi: supplier 2.reg_bridge not ready [ 13.283060] platform 1.panel_disp: deferred probe pending: platform: wait for supplier /axi/pcie@120000/rp1/i2c@88000/reg_display@45 This forum post suggests, that the problem is due to the missing I2C driver "CONFIG_I2C_DESIGNWARE_PLATFORM": http…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 8.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello ! I'm trying to build my custom Armbian image for a Raspberry Pi. When I build it with these settings, I get a rolling release, which I don't want. compile.sh BRANCH=current BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=yes DISABLE_IPV6=true INCLUDE_HOME_DIR=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no NETWORKING_STACK=network-manager RELEASE=trixie EXPERT=yes BOARD=rpi4b But when I boot with the official armbian minimal image (Armbian_25.8.1_Rpi4b_trixie_current_6.12.41_minimal.img) It's not on the rolling release. Do I miss a setting ? edit: I've tried with building the image on the main and the v25.08 branch.
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 7.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
mihanson@armbi400:~$ sudo poweroff Broadcast message from root@armbi400 on pts/0 (Thu 2025-09-04 07:29:16 PDT): The system will power off now! mihanson@armbi400:~$ [41893.451514] reboot: Power down [41893.454658] ------------[ cut here ]------------ [41893.459337] Voluntary context switch within RCU read-side critical section! [41893.459354] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1 at kernel/rcu/tree_plugin.h:331 rcu_note_context_switch+0x4e0/0x530 [41893.475859] Modules linked in: sg rfcomm cmac aes_arm64 algif_hash algif_skcipher af_alg bnep zram zsmalloc binfmt_misc hci_uart btbcm bluetooth ecdh_generic ecc bcm2835_codec(C) bcm2835_v4l2(C) bcm2835_isp(C) bcm2835_mmal_vchiq(C) v4l2_m…
-
Hi Installed Armbian_25.2.3_Rpi4b_bookworm_current_6.12.17-homeassistant_minimal.img To work around broken packages dependency run: apt update dpkg --remove --force-all libraspberrypi0 armbian-bsp-cli-rpi4b-current apt --fix-broken install At the end I got this: update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-6.12.17-current-bcm2711 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8156b-2.fw for built-in driver r8152 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8156a-2.fw for built-in driver r8152 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8153c-1.fw for built-in driver r8152 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/…
-
I am currently developing an application that requires using monitor mode with RT8821CU chipset (rtw88 kernel driver). Previously I was using RaspberryPi OS and everything worked great, but I am moving to Armbian mainly to be able to target more SBCs. The problem is in Armbian, the WiFi monitoring performance is much much worse (at least with the RT8821CU) than with RaspberryPi OS and with my Arch laptop, and I cannot guess why could this be. I have tested on the rpi4b the following: * Build the rtw88 driver with debug and debugfs enabled just in case. * Test with all the three kernel versions available (edge 6.16, current 6.12, legacy 6.6). None of them …
-
I use a Raspberry Pi 5 and use I2C1 with external eeprom. With v25.5.1 up to kernel 6.6.63-current-bcm2711, /dev/i2c-1 is there (activated in /boot/firmware/config.txt with dtparam=i2c_arm=on) and communication with eeprom works fine. With newer kernel versions, communication works not, /dev/i2c-1 does not exist anymore in this case without changing any configuration, just selected newer kernel using armbian-config Any ideas why this happens?
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 6.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I tried to follow below guide, but I wasnt able to install as the model isn't listed in it. I tried cups and gutenprint but even when the printer was added to cups dashboard, but when I send "Print Test" then nothing prints out. What options do I have here ?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Hello all: My name Is Jay and i am new here - I buy a new pi, now with pipewire, and more and it has some consistant letdowns on the OS. When i install across all types ---even kdePlasma the same thing happens! no audio - still needs a profile or something???? no loopback -- linux kernel header issue no bt audio -- libspa will work no screen sharing -- ....i just have a cursor now when i share it... So, i made an input to fix this..... a terminal input: echo -e "hdmi_group=1\nhdmi_mode=16\nhdmi_drive=2\nhdmi_force_hotplug=1\nhdmi_force_edid_audio=1\ndisable_fw_kms_setup=0" | sudo tee -a /boot/firmware/config.txt >…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
WiFi is missing in "Armbian_25.5.0-trunk.428_Rpi4b_trixie_current_6.12.22_minimal.img" Solved by following commands ``` sudo apt update sudo apt install firmware-brcm80211 --fix-broken sudo reboot ```
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
When I try a sudo apt update it works. However, when I try a sudo apt upgrade or sudo apt full-upgrade they fail, Here is an example of what I am getting: sudo apt full-upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these. The following packages have unmet dependencies: libraspberrypi0 : Depends: raspberrypi-bootloader but it is not installable or raspi-firmware but it is not installed E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no pa…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 5.6k views
-
-
I'm generating an image version and I noticed that WIFI is not being activated. Until the Armbian-unofficial_24.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_current_6.6.58_minimal version it worked and after that it stopped. Can someone help?
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 4.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, the title says it all: this is the message I get when booting. I rebooted several times, to no avail: same message... The resizing did not seem to occur, as I don't have enough space to install a few packages. Looking at the armbianmonitor log, it seems that resize2fs is missing... Installing e2fsprogs then rebooting fixes the issue. It's on trixie Minimal / IOT image. Best regards. [Edit] typo: lof->log
-
Hi I am new to this forum and to Armbian but am enjoying the work of all those who have contributed. having installed Armbian for the first time could someone please confirm or otherwise if WiFi is supposed to be working on the RPI5 internal adapter? my install does not even see it at all it’s like it does not exist can it be turned on in simple terms for a noob?
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 6.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A while ago (February '24), I downloaded and installed Armbian_23.11.3_Rpi5b_bookworm_current_6.1.68_cinnamon_desktop. It is running OK, and I only have a few issues with it. One issue is that the vcgencmd is not working. I posted a question about it on the forum and received a reply saying that this would be solved "when possible." However, it is still not resolved. Without this command working, I cannot get the CPU temperature, so I cannot control the cooling fan. I checked for a newer release today to see if this issue is fixed. I was shocked to see no Bookworm with Cinnamon release available. I'd like to know if it is in the works or has been dropped and wil…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 6.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello guys! Probably some of you know me as the MadEDoctor from Youtube. For those of you who don't know my channel and don't know what I am doing at the moment - Long story short I got my hands on a 16GB RAM chip that should be compatible with the Raspberry Pi 4 hardware. But there is a problem I am facing... That is I am unable to boot any OS different from VMware (arm version) and RISC OS (that is pretty much useless). When I try to boot Raspbian for example - It shows the rainbow square and then gets stuck on a completely black screen and it draws around 500mA... I contacted Jeff Geerling with the hope he could help with this project. He wrote a post on the …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 9.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
For Armbian-24.11.0 RPi ubuntu noble based builds wlan interface is missing Issue is present in Rpi3 B plus, RPi4 for current (kernel 6.6.x) and edge (kernel 6.10.x) armbian builds OS info ================ pi@rpi4b:~$ cat /etc/os-release PRETTY_NAME="Armbian-unofficial 24.11.0-trunk noble" NAME="Ubuntu" VERSION_ID="24.04" VERSION="24.04 LTS (Noble Numbat)" VERSION_CODENAME=noble ID=ubuntu ID_LIKE=debian HOME_URL="https://duckduckgo.com/" SUPPORT_URL="https://community.armbian.com/" BUG_REPORT_URL="https://armbian.atlassian.net/" PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://duckduckgo.com/" UBUNTU_CODENAME=noble LOGO="armbian-logo"…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 8.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I wanted to try Armbian on a Raspberry Pi-5 with a Radxa penta SATA hat. Installed: Armbian_community_25.2.0-trunk.86_Rpi5b_bookworm_current_6.6.63_minimal.img The SATA hat is not detected: root@rpi5b:~# lspci 00:00.0 PCI bridge: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM2712 PCIe Bridge (rev 21) 01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Raspberry Pi Ltd RP1 PCIe 2.0 South Bridge I would expect this: root@raspi:~# lspci 0000:00:00.0 PCI bridge: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM2712 PCIe Bridge (rev 21) 0000:01:00.0 SATA controller: JMicron Technology Corp. JMB58x AHCI SATA controller 0001:00:00.0 PCI bridge: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM2712 PCIe Bridge (r…
-
[ 2.336390] ------------[ cut here ]------------ [ 2.336395] WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 317 at drivers/net/wireless/rtl8812au/core/rtw_odm.c:62 rtw_odm_init_ic_type+0x64/0x88 [88XXau] [ 2.336482] Modules linked in: rpivid_hevc(C) drm_kms_helper brcmfmac 88XXau(+) hci_uart pisp_be brcmutil btbcm snd_soc_core v4l2_mem2mem bluetooth cfg80211 videobuf2_dma_contig snd_compress videobuf2_memops snd_pcm_dmaengine ecdh_generic videobuf2_v4l2 snd_pcm rfkill videodev snd_timer ecc snd videobuf2_common v3d mc dw_axi_dmac_platform raspberrypi_hwmon gpu_sched pwm_brcmstb rp1_adc aes_ce_blk pwm_rp1 drm_shmem_helper aes_ce_cipher polyval_ce polyval_generic ghash_ce sha2_ce sha256_arm…
-
Today I imaged 'Armbian_24.8.0-trunk.542_Rpi4b_noble_current_6.6.44_gnome_desktop.img' on to an SD card and then put it in my Raspberry Pi 4 GB. It booted up first time no issues and I went through the setup flow. I am using wired ethernet and was able to reach it remotely immediately. I installed all the updates. When I do "sudo shutdown -h -r now" on the command line (either via SSH or locally in the terminal) it does not reboot. The device stops responding to pings and no longer has HDMI output. If I power cycle the board once, it does not boot up. On the second power cycle it boots up. This seems really odd. Is this some known issue with the raspberry pi 4…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a `.dts` file built on Raspberry Pi OS for Raspberry Pi 5, that has following section allowing to provide options to both userspace `dtoverlay` and as parameters in `/boot/firmware/config.txt`: __overrides__ { rotation = <&cam_node>,"rotation:0"; orientation = <&cam_node>,"orientation:0"; media-controller = <&csi>,"brcm,media-controller?"; cam0 = <&i2c_frag>, "target:0=",<&i2c_csi_dsi0>, <&csi_frag>, "target:0=",<&csi0>, <&cam_node>, "VIN-supply:0=",<&cam0_reg>; }; Then following use: sudo dtoverlay -v ovaone cam0=on Overrides proper…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am running the current version of Armbian (and Open Media Vault) on a Raspberry Pi 5. Attached to it is a 2.5GB Ethernet adapter - this one in particular: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0CD1FDKT1 It lists as having a speed of 2500Mb/s but doesn't in practice: sudo ethtool enx6c1ff7045a00 Settings for enx6c1ff7045a00: Supported ports: [ TP MII ] Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full 100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full 1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full 2500baseT/Full Supported pause frame use: No …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 4.5k views
-
-
Hi, New user here - I Just download the current version of Armbian today with the hopes of using it on my Raspberry Pi 5B. After unzipping it, I created an image on a usb stick using Raspberry Pi Imager - use custom. However, it is not booting. It only shows a few lines on the screen, the last being: Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done. (screen shot below) What am I doing wrong?
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 8.8k views
-
-
Hello all, I am using Armbian (Debian Bookworm), Gnome with Wayland. everything is working just fine. The problem is with sharing or presenting screen with OBS-Studio, Jitsi, Google meeting or other. If I share a tab in Chromium/Firefox with Jtisi or Google meeting, that's work, but I can't share a window or full screen. I am wondering what is the main cost of that. This when I share full screen, it doesn't work properly, it shows like this: This when I share tab, it's working just fine.
-
Today, I set up SSH public key authentication on my RPI5B running Armbian-unofficial 24.8.0-trunk Bookworm. During the test, I noticed that the initial SSH session message displayed the CPU temperature and other details. Unfortunately, the vcgencmd utility provided by the Raspberry Pi Foundation doesn't work on Armbian. I'm looking to understand how the temperature, CPU clock, and GPU clock are measured, and if possible, I'd like to receive some code to do so.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Reverting "linux-firmware-raspi" from "12-0ubuntu1" to "10-0ubuntu1" resolves this issue.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 5.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All, I wanted to add some dtoverlay lines to the pi's config.txt which was in /boot/firmware/config.txt and I notice the folder is empty ? WTF the pi is running ok - how can this be ?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
My system has `linux-image-current-bcm2712` package installed with version 24.2.5 which I believe is the current Arbian release. I installed `linux-headers-current-bcm2712`, but this package has version 24.2.1. So I end up with system running `6.6.23-current-bcm2712` with headers for `6.6.18-current-bcm2712` and I can't build extra drivers in result. Any hints? I love technical forums that don't understand markdown, it makes life so much easier...
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 5.5k views
-
-
Hi. I installed Armbian on a raspberry pi 5. Everything went smoothly, but straight-away, I see that dmesg is filled with this error: brcmfmac: brcmf_set_channel: set chanspec 0x100c fail, reason -52 I'm noticing some inconsistencies on the network, and I'm not sure if this is behind it. I tried installing the firmware-brcm80211, but it didn't help -- in fact, I think it might have made it worse. I've looked all over, but I cannot see any useful information regarding this. It has no usb devices attached, not using and gpio pins or anything fancy. It is just a node on the network that is presenting information on a televis…
-
Raspberry OS has weird quirks that automate the process of setting up the system for using cameras, but I'm looking for clean way to set up the device tree to use the imx219 camera. Anyone knows what overlays to enable to get this to work on Armbian? Additionally where's the location of device tree overlays sources for Raspberry Pi 5 on Armbian?
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi team, just wanted to know how come this was not included in this release and could someone provide the details to download the most stable version of Chrominum for this please ?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a RasPi 4b, I'm trying to understand how the device tree is modified so I can use the methodology eventually for a board that has a CM4 on it. So from a virgin clone of the build repo: ./compile.sh BOARD=rpi4b BRANCH=edge RELEASE=bookworm BUILD_MINIMAL=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no KERNEL_GIT=full install image on SD card and boot the device, go through Armbian-setup. All well and good, then varify device tree used for the boot: cat /proc/device-tree/model gets me a: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5 OK so now lets modify the device tree: ./compile.sh BOARD=rpi4b BRANCH=edge RELEASE=bookworm BUILD_MINIMAL=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=n…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.5k views
-
-
Hi friends, I use armbian for long time, but these days I change my borad to RaspberryPi 4B. However I can not get kernel startup serial output from RPI as usual on the board. Does anyone has more information about that? What I want to do is a atonomy driving experiment environment. And I don't have monitor or keyboard attach to it. I will patch preempt_RT to get the RT linux kernel, so it's difficult for me to pull the RPI out of the test bench everytime and put back after setting the ssh or something everytime I flash new kernel or image. The armbian version I use is Armbian_23.11.1_Rpi4b_jammy_current_6.1.…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All, as all my other boards run armbian I thought it only right that my raspberry 4b should run it, has anyone here successfuly installed Armbian on one ? I don't want to use Bookworm as it has Audio problems - my main use of the pi is to host Logitech media server running squeezelite TIA
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Searches suggest a USB reset script will fix but that says nothing found. It comes up after unplugging and replugging the dongle. Already configured with "nmcli c add type ethernet ifname enx00e04c68080d con-name HiQSDR autoconnect yes save yes ip4 192.168.2.196/24" After boot, nothing in lsusb for it and dmesg -T does not show it. Bus 001 Device 014: ID 0bda:8152 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8152 Fast Ethernet Adapter Things tried:- root@rpi4b:~# cat /etc/os-release PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 24.2.1 jammy" NAME="Ubuntu" VERSION_ID="22.04" VERSION="22.04.3 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)" VERSION_CODENAME=jammy ID=ubuntu ID_LIKE=debia…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am unable to see how to setup the Pimoroni NVME base for the Raspberry PI 5 with Armbian 23.11.3. Are there published instructions? Is this supported?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I installed Armbian from Armbian_23.11.3_Rpi5b_jammy_current_6.1.68_cinnamon_desktop.img.xz downloaded today (February 11th 24) After installation, I performed an upgrade/update. I have not yet installed any additional software. Issues; 1) when cinnamon desktop starts there is message displayed: Your system is currently running without video hardware acceleration 2) vgencmd always gives an error: VCHI initialization failed, no matter if I run it with sudo or not, or with which parameter(s) I run it. armbian monitor -u gave link https://paste.armbian.com/lurunopoyo
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 6.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, where can I find kernel headers for RPi5 jammy? linux-headers-6.1.68.current-bcm2712 ? This version of Armbian is really usefull because it is the only one that can run a version of ROS natively on a RPi5, but I need the headers to build drivers Thanks
-
I'm trying to get to the point where I can read time from the DS3231 RTC module on a Raspberry Pi 4. From what I understand, I first need to activate i2c bus, then load the kernel module that would work with the clock itself. So far i2cdetect tool fails to detect anything. There are no i2c-* devices in /dev either. I've read about "Hardware" option in armbian-config, but it's not showing up in the menu. I've also read that it's a matter of adding a device tree overlay. Does that apply for RPI4? The folder structure in /boot seems different from what documentation and several threads describe for other boards. What would be the steps for acti…
-
I'm attempting an install to the eMMC on a CM4 (mounted on an Axzez Interceptor) using armbian-install. I've booted Armbian 23.5 Jammy CLI from USB, and armbian-install runs fine, (boot from eMMC, system on eMMC) After transferring the rootfs I get the "Cleaning up ... Almost done." message, and then the following: Error while creating U-Boot loader image with mkimage Error: no u-boot package found, exiting I've run a full update / upgrade and installed armbian-config with no change. What's missing here?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I noticed there's a community overlay module that adds a "first boot" script which, among other things, allows you to connect to wifi without ever connecting a monitor or keyboard. But, this overlap doesn't seem to come with the current raspberry pi 4b image (Armbian_23.5.1_Rpi4b_jammy_current_6.1.29.img). I tried downloading the build script, but I don't see an option to enable overlays in that either. Is this supported at this time? Also, I know I could just use raspbian if I want this feature, but I'm hoping to work with armbian because I want my build process to be reproducible on other boards.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Using release Armbian_23.5.1_Rpi4b_jammy_current_6.1.29 on a Raspberry Pi 4b. From a clean install: $ sudo apt update $ sudo apt upgrade $ sudo apt install podman $ podman run --rm docker.io/library/hello-world Error: command required for rootless mode with multiple IDs: exec: "newuidmap": executable file not found in $PATH Podman runs fine with sudo, so for now I can use that as a workaround, but it would be nice to run rootless containers for dev environments. There is a related issue on the official podman repo, but the solutions there don't seem to apply to armbian. https://github.com/containers/podman/issues/9271
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 28.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Where can I get the kernel headers for rpi4b for 5.15.92-bcm2711? sudo armbian-config does not get it
-
im on a fresh install of armbian cinnamon for the rpi4. i can not seem to get bluetooth working. there seems to be no bluetooth module loaded by kernel maybe? i tried to enable it using armbian-config, but it doesn't get activated by systemctl even when enabled. any ideas?
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 10.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The `hardware` menu is missing on the current build - so been trying to manually install spidev module. I did add the following lines to armbianEnv.txt but I don't see anything yet in /dev/spi* overlays=spi-spidev param_spidev_spi_bus=0
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all, according to the hints on the ARMBIAN homepage the image "Armbian_23.02.0-trunk_Rpi4b_lunar_edge_6.1.5.img" should work with the Raspi 3. Unfortunately it does not work properly, the system does not want to boot with it.... The name of the image says that it was generated for Raspi4, but -as I said- the homepage says that this image would also be compatible for the other Raspberry systems mentioned there. Can anyone tell me what the reason could be, because I would love to use this ingenious image for the Raspi 3. Best regards from Berlin Z. Matthias
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all, As I have often said, I am very satisfied with this LINUX implementation on the RASPI PI4 board. In the meantime, I noticed one small thing and that was somehow related to the 4GB version of my RASPI. I often had to record a KERNEL crash here; this did not happen under the 8GB version until now. But now to my actual question: How can I activate the CAMERA port under this Linux version so that I can connect a camera there? Best regards Z. Matthias
-
Hello all, I have installed the image "Armbian 23.02.0-trunk.0176 Lunar with bleeding edge Linux 6.1.6-bcm2711" on my two Raspi 4 systems. One system runs via cable and the other via WLAN. At the beginning there were some problems with the IPv6 - kernel, if "apt update" was executed. I got this problem under control with "disable ipv6".... Since then, both systems run flawlessly & without problems. With the implementation of GPIO you should fall back on an existing GPIO - version, which works in any case also under this image; also for 64bit. One small thing I would like to know very much, because on the system with the cable the…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everybody. I've faced the issue: Armbian_22.08.7 official image (Armbian_22.08.1_Rpi4b_jammy_current_5.15.61.img) failed to boot on RPi3B plus. The same image boots fine on RPi 4B Could not get serial console output (output is empty) Older official image Armbian_22.08.1_Rpi4b_jammy_current_5.15.61.img boots on Rpi3B plus just fine. As I've found out the reason is incorrect boot partition type set for the image. Armbian_22.08.1 (boots fine) boot partition type is "c" (W95 FAT32 LBA) Armbian_22.08.7 (doesn't boot) boot partition type is "ef" (EFI) After manually changing boot partiton type to "c" (W95 FAT32 L…
-
I am only sure, that Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_edge_5.19.11_xfce_desktop.img.xz works with my hardware, maybe Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_current_5.15.70_xfce_desktop.img.xz too. For sure I have problems with newer Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_current_5.15.73_xfce_desktop.img.xz and Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_edge_5.19.15_xfce_desktop.img.xz So where can I download older versions?
-
I con do a screenshot with scrot and a terminal, but a screenshot with the P400 and PrtScn-Key does not work. Can anybody help me please?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_current_5.15.73_xfce_desktop.img.xz Raspberry PI400 Viewsonic VP930 (1280x1024) I checked the sha-sum and flashed 2 times a Patriot SXDC-128GB-card. When I boot the PI400 the monitors LED changes from green (power on) to yellow (standbye) for half an hour, when I start the PI400. It looks like there is a problem with this old monitor which supports 1280x1024 only. Don't know, if the boot routine checks the monitor, but the green LED can stay for 2sec, sometimes for 30sec. BTW Xubuntu 22.04 with an SSD works fine with the same hardware.
-
Is there an armbian software distribution for the "Broadcom BCM2711" ? (rasberrypi 4)
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone, I would like to build an image for the Rasperry Pi 1, 2 and Zero. I could not found a download for a RPi on armbian.com. Then I saw that `rpi` is disabled in `/lib/configuration.sh`. Even when enabling it, I get an error during build, saying "[ error ] Building failed, check configuration" . I wonder why the Raspberry Pi is not supported. Is it due to its closed hardware? Thanks!
-
Reputation Points
- 140 replies
- 194.5k views
- 6 followers
-