Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dav

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dav

  1. I don't know how to debug that issue, but I have your same board (Pine A64 with 1GB RAM) and I'm using Armbian 24.5.1 Jammy with Linux 6.1.92-legacy-sunxi64. It's stable in terms of kernel panics, random freeze or so. You can change the kernel using "armbian-config" > system > other. I have a private gist for my own, where I add the stable combo of OS version + kernel version, before updating. I hope it helps Btw, FYI too: I only had an issue (from long time ago), with the ethernet port (I guess). It randomly disconnect, so I """solved""" it with mmonit (link here
  2. Update: I "fixed it" with https://mmonit.com/wiki/Monit/Installationmonit Basically, each 60 seconds it will check if my "eth0" ethernet interface is up. If not, it tries to wake it up. If for some reason, the port/board cannot wake up the ethernet interface... I have a secondary check (ping Google DNS IP 10 times in a row -> one per minute). If 10/10 failed, it reboots the board. Is not ideal, but now I have a "hands free" board. This is in a countryside, so before this "patch", I had to take my car to manually power-cycle the board hahaha Here you have, the config I used: ## Start Monit in the background (run as a daemon): # set daemon 60 # check services at 60 seconds intervals with start delay 120 # optional: delay the first check by 2-minutes (by # # default Monit check immediately after Monit start) # set log /var/log/monit.log set idfile /var/lib/monit/id set statefile /var/lib/monit/state set eventqueue basedir /var/lib/monit/events # set the base directory where events will be stored slots 100 # optionally limit the queue size ############################################################################### ## Services ############################################################################### ## check network eth0 with interface eth0 start program = "/sbin/ifconfig eth0 up" stop program = "/sbin/ifconfig eth0 down" if link down then restart check host 8.8.8.8 with address 8.8.8.8 if failed ping count 10 size 128 with timeout 10 seconds then exec "/usr/sbin/reboot" I hope this can be helpful to somebody. Regards
  3. Hi there. I have a Pine A64(+) board (https://pine64.org/documentation/Pine_A64/) I have been experiencing this issue since last year. I updated the SO (armbian version + kernel) several times and it didn't resolve the issue. It happens randomly. The CPU and storage are not overheated (30º C each) and I tested all physical components (board, ethernet wire, switch, ...) ambianmonitor -u -> https://paste.armbian.com/arozepuxen Things I tested for now: - Daily reboot. Sometimes eth0 is not wake up after boot and I have to physically power-toggle the board. - Stay on latest raspbian release (24.2.1) + latest kernel (6.6.16) + latest uboot. Same issue. - Stay on latest raspbian release (24.2.1) + legacy kernel (6.1.77) + latest uboot. Same issue. - Armbian 23.11.1 Jammy with Linux 6.1.63-current-sunxi64 was also some time the SO in the board. Same issue. - Also I set the segmentation and MTU as here but same issue: Notes: - CPU is "on demand". That's also why the temperature is OK. - Somehow is only 100Mbits available (the board has gigabit port). By the way, is not my concerning now. - https://github.com/jwrdegoede/rtl8189ES_linux/tree/rtl8189fs I saw this driver. Is this an option? Should I try? Any idea? Should I totally rebuild the microsd SO from zero with an ARMBIAN from 2021 or so? Any other suggestion? The board is totally unstable as it currently is and I guess is software related (driver maybe) Thank you.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.