Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DiBosco

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DiBosco

  1. I have Armbian running on an Orange Pi and I like to work by changing to su so I'm not having to constantly type sudo in front of commands when I have a lot of commands that need root privilege. However, bizzarely, sometimes I still ahve to use sudo. So for example: root@orangepi5-plus:/home/Data/Mercurial_Info# usermod -a -G www-data username bash: usermod: command not found If I do sudo usermod -a -G www-data username How can I fix this please? It's also stopping me running a script I need that I ran on my old Banana Pi running Armbian.
  2. OK, finally got it working, not sure if it's the best way, but completely started form scratch, emptying out the contents of the original yaml file and replacing contents with this: https://github.com/canonical/netplan/blob/main/examples/static.yaml But with my preferred addresses. What a crazy, over complicated system netplan is.
  3. Folks, I've got an Orange pi 5 plus up and running using Armbian, I've used the minimal install and although it's been plain sailing for the main part, no matter what I do I can't work out how to give it a static IP address (dynamic works fine). I've spent an hour trying: armbian-config, - Network | IP | Static and setting it to what I want - it ignores it and when I go back in it's gone back to 127.0.0.1 This page: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Networking/ Creates the yaml file with my interface abd required address as here: GNU nano 7.2 /etc/netplan/20-static-ip.yaml network: version: 2 renderer: networkd ethernets: enP4p65s0: # Change this to your ethernet interface addresses: - 192.168.5.2/24 routes: - to: default via: 192.168.5.1 nameservers: addresses: - 9.9.9.9 - 1.1.1.1 Following this to get rid of the issues with netplan test Looked high and wide for other tips but can't see anything that would help me. I'm used to Red Hat distros where you just go in and edit an existing config file, but that doesn't seem to be the case with Debian variants? Anyone able to help me please? Been using Linux for twenty-five years so am no noob, never had a problem like this before setting a fixed IP address! Thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.