Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wyk72

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wyk72

  1. I had some free time this August, and dusted off some old rk3229 boxes I had. They are branded MXQpro 4K, r329q variant inside, 1gb ram 8gb eMMC. To have the most up-to-date kernel, I compiled the latest kernel for these boxes from the jock repo: Linux mxqpro-alpine 7.1.0-rc6-edge-rockchip #1 SMP Mon Jun 1 00:14:24 CEST 2026 armv7l Linux ... and run Alpine Linux in RAM mode on it, for sake of ... speed and less wear'n tear to the tiny 8GB eMMC. I tried to compile ffmpeg/mpv with patches natively for this box with Alpine, but i've found it extremely difficult, so I went the "container" route. I fired up a minimal lxc "bookworm" container, passed the audio/video devices to it, updated the repo and installed packages as per these instructions and it's 100% working (no HW accel on hevc 10 bit - guess it's not implented). I tested up to 1920x1080/60fps video with no issues, cpu load is 20% - 24%. I wonder if there are any progress in ffmpeg/hw acceleration field for these boxes (like...encoding? 10bit support?).
  2. Netplan, like the whole systemd is the worst thing that ever happened to what we call "linux" overall. It was a dirty hack by canonical to overscript things and mantain a "foot in the door" to coerce users into a useless .yaml. A classic example of a solution in search of a problem that DID NOT EXIST. It's made with the same mentality of SYSTEMD by redhat, systemwide-cancer that was useless in its inception, just to make "a brand" and softly "vendor-lock" your product and give credibility - and make a lot of moooney - on HELPDESK SERVICES. But many years have passed and since nobody removes the crap, because "UBUNTU=LINUX" in peoples mind, and distros have adapted to it, since not many care about complex networking, it's just an icon flashing on their desktop, and most of the time it boils down to just make a laptop wifi work reliably (not as trivial as it seems). If you have to deal with a LOT of complex networking setups i.e. bridges, lot of network interfaces,VPNs, VLAN/VXLAN etc, those YAML scripts are just something you REALLY DO NOT WANT. Even the "ifupdown" route sometimes is not feasible, because systemd is such a systemwide-cancer that silently breaks things because you know, 1000000 lines of init code - that even spreads to your boot code in EFI environments - seemed such a GREAT idea to redhat, and it -incredibly- linux users swallowed this lump of sh*t like it was fine a chocolate cookie, I read people all the time in forums saying "ohhh it's SOO easy!". My advice: go Alpine Linux or OpenWRT or other similar "skeletal" distros to regain control of your network interfaces (and your system as a whole). It's a lost battle with anything netplan/systemd, you have to rely on a script that writes another script that get interpreted by another script and finally by another "black box" like systemd JUST TO do things like "echo <PARAMETER> > /sys/something". It's exactly what we needed, 3 or 4 more "abstraction layers" with 3 or 4 different syntax. It was obvious vendor-locking, but hey, let's jump into the bandwagon, because why not ? I'm pretty sure lots of people made a lot of money out of this, also.
  3. Hello, I have some troubles with this TVBOX: it runs armbian and other distros correctly, using the meson-gxm-t95z-plus.dtb but sometimes wifi goes into kernel panic at boot, and when it does, the whole system becomes unstable (i.e. not rebooting, eth0 hangs...). I have extracted the original .DTB from the only firmware that exists for this box, the ancient 6.0 Marshmellow Android (I guess it's a 3.x kernel...). I attach it to this message hoping someone more expert than me can help in making it work ina more stable manner. I attach a picture of the board also, it reads "M8S". Box has 2GB ram and 16GB eMMC, brcmfmac wifi/bt and ZTE PHY chip. meson1.dtb

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.