Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

otte

Validating
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by otte

  1. Greetings, I installed Armbian Noble with gnome desktop, specifically "Armbian_26.2.1_Rpi4b_noble_current_6.18.9_gnome_desktop.img" on a Raspberry Pi 5. Updated system and installed chrome since I need to play some media from inside chromium browser. However, I checked to see that hardware accelerated video decode is not actually supported within Armbian currently. Previously I had official Raspberry Pi OS installed when I first had a look at the device and there it was enabled. It's kind of a minor thing but I've used different hardware with Armbian before and it would make things a lot easier for me if I can keep using Armbian on Raspberry Pi 5 as well. Only hint I've found on forum so far was a post from 2024 but it seemed to affect hardware acceleration in system overall and was a known issue, so I believe this is a new topic. Other thing I still tried was to go with a rolling release instead of Standard support, in this case "Armbian_26.2.0-trunk.679_Rpi4b_noble_current_6.18.20_gnome_desktop.img" but same issue. Any ideas on what can be done here, perhaps a setting or package I might have missed?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.