Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

denbro

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by denbro

  1. Thank you! I ended up getting this working. For one, an update and reboot did get me the 6.18.10 kernel. Then, in the installation scripts for drivers, I just had to specify the package name for the headers explicitly, e.g. replacing: apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) -y with apt-get install linux-headers-current-bcm2711 -y
  2. Hello! I have a follow-up question about installing Armbian on a Raspberry Pi 5, and hopefully this is a good place for it. Perhaps this belongs here instead: I just installed the Armbian/Gnome version for Raspberry Pi "4b", as mentioned above, for my Raspberry Pi 5. The OS booted fine and is running. However, I'm trying to install some additional software (specifically this: https://github.com/sunfounder/pipower5/tree/main) and I'm getting errors related to installing the right version of `linux-headers`, the output of `uname`, and possibly the `bcm2711` vs. `bcm2712` CPU. The original error was: ``` Error: E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-6.18.9-current-bcm2711 E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'linux-headers-6.18.9-current-bcm2711' E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-headers-6.18.9-current-bcm2711' ``` When I searched for the available packages, I found the following "closest" options: ``` linux-headers-current-bcm2711/noble 26.2.1 arm64 [upgradable from: 26.2.1] Armbian Linux current headers 6.18.10-current-bcm2711 linux-headers-current-bcm2712/noble 24.11.1 arm64 Armbian Linux current headers 6.6.63-current-bcm2712 ``` At this point, I realized that the installation scripts were pulling the kernel version from the output of `uname`: ``` denbro@rpi5b:~$ uname -r 6.18.9-current-bcm2711 denbro@rpi5b:~$ uname -a Linux rpi5b 6.18.9-current-bcm2711 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 9 10:54:02 UTC 2026 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux ``` My two main questions are: 1. Why is the proper linux header not available? My understanding is that, in principle, `linux-headers-$(uname -r)` should always be available. 2. Should I be concerned that my linux kernel thinks it is using the bcm2711 CPU? That's the Pi 4 CPU, but my raspberry pi 5 has a bcm2712. Should I install the version of armbian for the Pi 500? Two additional notes - 1. The Sunfounder software I mentioned above installed without issue on the same device running Raspberry Pi OS Trixie. 2. I originally tried to flash an SD card with Armbian using Raspberry Pi Imager, and it wouldn't boot; the device turned on, and printed a bunch of startup output, and then shut off. After confirming that the SD card worked, I switched to using Armbian Imager to flash the SD card and that led to my current state. ``` denbro@rpi5b:~$ neofetch ##### denbro@rpi5b ####### ------------ ##O#O## OS: Armbian 26.2.1 noble aarch64 ####### Host: Raspberry Pi 5 Model B Rev 1.1 ########### Kernel: 6.18.9-current-bcm2711 ############# Uptime: 1 hour, 25 mins ############### Packages: 1200 (dpkg) ################ Shell: bash 5.2.21 ################# Resolution: 1280x800 ##################### Terminal: /dev/pts/1 ##################### CPU: (4) @ 2.400GHz ################# Memory: 691MiB / 3983MiB ``` Let me know if there's any other information I can provide, and thanks in advance for any guidance!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.