Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ovaday

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ovaday

  1. Ovaday replied to a post in a topic in Rockchip CPU Boxes
    The one from MR / my previous message
  2. Ovaday replied to a post in a topic in Rockchip CPU Boxes
    just as a statistics/stability report: the DTB with the NPU works very well. Uptime of the device is already a week, it's running armbian and immich on it. While immich lags sometimes because the board can be weak for video processing, but in general it already processed ~20k images with OCR and face detection based on RKNN. I consider it pretty good results.
  3. Ovaday replied to a post in a topic in Rockchip CPU Boxes
    Created a Pull Request: https://github.com/armbian/linux-rockchip/pull/500 Final DTB: rk3566-box-X88PRO20-npu.dtb @Hqnicolas do you know how I can add the board as selectable from the Armbian website? Do I have to also add DTS that will work for latest kernel?
  4. Ovaday replied to a post in a topic in Rockchip CPU Boxes
    Patched the .dtb for v6.1, currently not yet in final format. I will probably create a commit to Armbian with a .dts for our board. I am attaching the dtb/dts just to keep track of the progress. Here are results of the RKNN test launch: rknn_api/rknnrt version: 2.3.2 (429f97ae6b@2025-04-09T09:09:27), driver version: 0.9.8 model input num: 1, output num: 1 input tensors: index=0, name=input, n_dims=4, dims=[1, 224, 224, 3], n_elems=150528, size=150528, fmt=NHWC, type=INT8, qnt_type=AFFINE, zp=0, scale=0.007812 output tensors: index=0, name=MobilenetV1/Predictions/Reshape_1, n_dims=2, dims=[1, 1001, 0, 0], n_elems=1001, size=2002, fmt=UNDEFINED, type=FP16, qnt_type=AFFINE, zp=0, scale=1.000000 custom string: Begin perf ... 0: Elapse Time = 8.06ms, FPS = 124.12 ---- Top5 ---- 0.935059 - 156 0.057037 - 155 0.003881 - 205 0.003119 - 284 0.000172 - 285 So: CPU: OK GPU: OK via Panfrost NPU: OK, RKNN inference works on RKNPU rk3566-box-X88PRO20-npu.dtb rk3566-box-X88PRO20-npu.dts
  5. Ovaday replied to a post in a topic in Rockchip CPU Boxes
    I got a small progress here with a RKNN (NPU). 1. note from previous posts: rk3566-box-demo.dtb looks like does not support our USB. Use rk3566-box-X88PRO20.dtb that other shared. I tried to use the NPU, looked across the forum. Managed to get our .dtb running with the correct settings - however the Kernel didn't had the RKNN packages + it could not link the 'rocket' to our NPU. While the NPU was recognized after my tweaks. Read that it runs only on kernel v. 6.1 from VENDOR - recompiled the kernel for our board, installed it over the existing installation - .dtb didn't run... When I switched to box-demo from the kernel the NPU and RKNN were recognized instantly. I will not attach the kernel itself for now, as it is ~300 Mb, however you can compile it from Armbian: ./compile.sh kernel BOARD=station-m2 BRANCH=vendor \ KERNEL_BTF=no KERNEL_GIT=full it have to be installed like that: dpkg -i linux-image-vendor-rk35xx_*.deb linux-dtb-vendor-rk35xx_*.deb update-initramfs -c -k 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx Probably will be a task for today to tweak .dtb for this kernel version and get board running with RKNN. I want to try immich with a local image classification.
  6. Ovaday replied to a post in a topic in Rockchip CPU Boxes
    I've created a guide here how to run a Home Assistant OS suprisingly it run mostly natively. Didn't do anything except replacing the DTB. Also right away flashed it into a emmc. On my board emmc is from Samsung and has a read speed on 180Mb/s...
  7. Ovaday replied to a post in a topic in Rockchip CPU Boxes
    I extracted DTB/DTS from the Android FW (files attached). For whatever reason they are signed in the image as rk3568. No ideas why. 02_dtbdump_rockchip,rk3568-evb.dtb 02_dtbdump_rockchip,rk3568-evb.dtb.dts Attention: They are for Android! Linux might not boot with them!
  8. Ovaday replied to a post in a topic in Rockchip CPU Boxes
    I know it was already written here in some of the messages that these devices are not secure. But now I got a message from Telekom that they detected a Chineese spyware connection: The timeframe is exactly when I have switched the device on with an Android on board.
  9. Ovaday replied to a post in a topic in Rockchip CPU Boxes
    Got the same board running Armbian with ChatGPT. Because we performed a lot of experiments, here are summary of how we actually got it running tl.tr: upgrade_tool is wonderful, but running it on my board destroyed everything and I had to recover from backups. We backuped board completely, then intentionally corrupted android bootloader from adb and managed to get U-Boot running via modification of boot.scr Here is a chat-gpt generated summary:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.