Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Learnincurve

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Learnincurve

  1. Hi again and thank you for the new reply. Something went wrong with the mip-dsi 7" display on that board somewhere between 6.1.104 (02/02/2025) and 6.6.750 (03/02/25). I already sourced those from the armbian-config kernel loader tool and confirm that the display works perfectly on the 6.1 kernel and d-t and not on 6.6, with no other changes. None of the more recent kernels work either. I figured that if I could find the exact kernel version where things broke, I might just be able to diff what changed, but 6.1 to 6.6 is a big gap. Any other suggestions? I don't see any significant changes in the logging (uboot unfortunately not available as I don't have a serial connector.), but the screen is picked up and loaded to the d-t. There's just no output. The screen is grey and noisy right from startup - no startup messages or anything at all, with no visible picture signal on 6.6. From 6.12 on it is completely black, although backlight appears to be there. Are any
  2. Thanks @laibsch, I took a look at the build framework, bvut couldn't see how to use/build a specific kernel version. I need to experiment with kernels 6.2 - 6.5
  3. Hi again, So sorry to have left this hanging, due to lack of time. I have been trying successive updates since posting this, without the issue being resolved, but have now confirmed that this is kernel or device-tree related. Using armbian-config to load kernels, I can say that the problem originated some time between kernel 6.1.104 (02/02/2025) and 6.6.750 (03/02/25). dmesg output looks similar with and without the problem, as does /proc/device-tree, but I can post any specific output here if anyone can suggest what to look for. 6.6.750 keeps the backlight and a noisy/gray screen, while the screen is black (with backlight showing in the corners) with later kernels, suggesting a further change around 6.12 (tbc) Unfortunately I can't see where to find any armbian intermediate kernels / device-trees, so would be very happy if someone could point me at a repo. where they might be available. Failing that I can try to locate kernels from alternative sources, or compile my own, but it would be good if I could keep as much the same as possible (including any Armbian patches and the armbian dt packages.)
  4. Thanks robertoj. I'll try playing with the kernel when I get some time. Not sure that it is kernel-related though as the screen is picked up successfully during boot (just not displaying anything).
  5. Hi, It was working fine up to the update that broke the display, so no. My problem now is that I have very little time for this, so no progress since it broke. Your best approach would be tto post a new topic with as much detail as possible aboput what is not working. Post exactly how you installed and configured and output from dmesg. Posting to an existing thread covering a different topic is not great as it pulls the thread off-topic and is unlikely to attract the answers that you are looking for. Good luck getting it working.
  6. Hi. I have been running mainline on a Pine64 with mipi-dsi lcd Feiyang display since Focal release. I default application ran directly on framebuffer without X, with startup log rolling until the application loaded, but after recent update including kernel 6.6.44 the display is completely black, all the way from boot. I can see that the screen is being identified at boot, but not sure what else to check. Here are relevant lines from dmesg and modules: $ dmesg | grep mipi [ 10.113223] sun6i-mipi-dsi 1ca0000.dsi: Attached device fy07024di26a30d $ lsmod | grep fy0702* panel_feiyang_fy07024di26a30d 12288 0 Please can anyone say where should I continue checking? BR

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.