Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No /dev/ttyusb0

Featured Replies

I am attempting to use an arduino uno on a rockpi4 using armbian.  The device is connecting but not bringing up /dev/ttyusb0.

 

uname -a
Linux rockpi4b 4.4.154-rk3399rockpi4b #26 SMP Mon Dec 10 09:26:20 CST 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux
 

dmesg

[   98.230808] usb 7-1: new full-speed USB device number 3 using xhci-hcd
[   98.346089] usb 7-1: New USB device found, idVendor=1a86, idProduct=7523
[   98.346115] usb 7-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[   98.346130] usb 7-1: Product: USB2.0-Serial

 

lsusb -t

/:  Bus 08.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 5000M
/:  Bus 07.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 4, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=, 12M
/:  Bus 06.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 5000M
/:  Bus 05.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 480M
/:  Bus 04.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ohci-platform/1p, 12M
/:  Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ohci-platform/1p, 12M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 1, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-platform/1p, 480M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-platform/1p, 480M
 

lsusb -v

Bus 007 Device 003: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.10
  bDeviceClass          255 Vendor Specific Class
  bDeviceSubClass         0 
  bDeviceProtocol         0 
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x1a86 QinHeng Electronics
  idProduct          0x7523 HL-340 USB-Serial adapter
  bcdDevice            2.63
  iManufacturer           0 
  iProduct                2 
  iSerial                 0 
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           39
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0 
    bmAttributes         0x80
      (Bus Powered)
    MaxPower               98mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           3
      bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
      bInterfaceSubClass      1 
      bInterfaceProtocol      2 
      iInterface              0 
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0020  1x 32 bytes
        bInterval               0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x02  EP 2 OUT
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0020  1x 32 bytes
        bInterval               0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
        bInterval               1
 

5 hours ago, Brian Morgret said:

Linux rockpi4b 4.4.154-rk3399rockpi4b #26 SMP Mon Dec 10 09:26:20 CST 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

 

13 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

Are you sure it is an Armbian image ?

 

https://github.com/brian541/build/blob/master/config/kernel/linux-rk3399rockpi4b-default.config

 

there you go.. :D

Now, we deal as well with armbian previews made by radxa with their kernelsources.. A kind remember to @hipboi, that's why sending your stuff as PR directly into armbians buildscript would have make a way more sense..

 

 

  • Author

dmesg

[   98.230808] usb 7-1: new full-speed USB device number 3 using xhci-hcd
[   98.346089] usb 7-1: New USB device found, idVendor=1a86, idProduct=7523
[   98.346115] usb 7-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[   98.346130] usb 7-1: Product: USB2.0-Serial

 

 

  • Author

I used the Armbian image from the radxa website.  Their Debian image has the exact same problem.  Is there a better build?

  • Author

I am not having good success with 5.78.  I see that the file system is expanding so I suspect a significant portion of the OS is up.  I do not have HDMI.  My 4k Samsung says "Mode not supported".  I also tried it on a generic 1080p and just got a blank screen.  I don't see a /boot/config.txt file and my quick perusal thru the /boot directory didn't help me much, so I am not sure how to proceed. 

12 minutes ago, Brian Morgret said:

I don't see a /boot/config.txt file

No, it is not config.txt but config-5.0.0-sunxi for example, depending of kernel number...

On my RockPi4B, it produced :

root@rockpi:~# grep CH3 /boot/config-5.0.0-rockchip64 
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_CH341=m

So, the driver is present and loaded when USB-TTL is plugged ...

  • Author

For Martin Ayotte

 

Thank you for all of your help.  I have enjoyed working with you on the Rock pi4.  I think the board has significant potential.   However, I am still having difficulty.  I am willing to keep trying but I don't want to take a lot of your time.  Am I helping or hindering your development efforts?  If you want me to continue, I am going to abandon this thread about the USB problems in the Radxa version and start a new thread on the HDMI problem in 5.78.  I have a bunch of time I can commit to troubleshooting this week.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.