Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Odroid C2] kernel patch

Featured Replies

I recently did an apt-get update on an Odroid C2 which included the following:  linux-dtb-odroidc2 linux-firmware-image-odroidc2 linux-headers-odroidc2 linux-image-odroidc2 linux-jessie-root-odroidc2 linux-u-boot-odroidc2-default.  I figured it'd be all fine and dandy because it looks to just be an update to 3.14.67, versus the old 3.14.65. 

 

Installed and restarted without any apparent errors.  Upon logging in, uname -r still reports 3.14.65-odroidc2 however.  Files in /boot seem to all be labeled 3.14.67, but it's looking for all the kernel modules in /lib/modules/3.14.65-odroidc2, which is now basically an empty folder instead of /lib/modules/3.14.67-odroidc2.

 

So before I go and screw my other C2s up I thought I'd check in here first.  Did I do something wrong, and is there an easy fix for this?

Definitely Armbian, I've got it on a few other SBCs, it made sense to me at least to stick with the same distro on them.

 

This C2 is using eMMC instead of microSD, I'm not sure if that really makes a difference.  It's a pretty plain install at the moment.

 

The first partition is boot, fstab is as follows:

/dev/mmcblk0p2 / ext4 defaults,noatime,nodiratime,commit=600,errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot vfat defaults 0 2
tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,rw,nosuid 0 0
/var/swap none swap sw 0 0

As for the contents of /boot:

total 32574
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root     6944 Mar 26 16:31 boot.bmp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root     2811 Mar 26 16:31 boot.ini
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root       64 Mar 26 16:31 boot.scr
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   109229 Apr 30 21:49 config-3.14.67-odroidc2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root     2048 May  6 16:50 dtb
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 12755888 Mar 26 15:51 Image
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  2856566 Apr 30 21:49 System.map-3.14.67-odroidc2
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  4888600 May  6 16:51 uInitrd
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 12722864 Apr 30 21:49 zImage

There's a zImage file there now that isn't on my other C2s, which is somewhat suspicious. 

 

 

But it should work with this patch: (image becomes zImage and voila)

https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/blob/master/patch/kernel/odroidc2-default/packaging-odroid-c2.patch

 

Ah, yes, I was thinking about Pine64 where I changed packaging to use Image instead of zImage.

 

Then boot script probably wasn't updated. Github history shows that old boot-odroid-c2.ini loads Image instead of zImage.

 

You only need to change boot script and point to zImage, reboot and you will be on new kernel.

 

Excellent, it's up and running properly again. Thank you.  I assume the old kernel Image file is safe to delete then?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.