Amlogic meson
Community maintained Amlogic boards
267 topics in this forum
-
Hi I've made a new kernel Auxiliary Display Driver for TM16XX and compatible LED controllers. This driver supports various LED controller chips, including TM16XX family, FD6XX family, PT6964, and HBS658. It provides support for both I2C and SPI interfaces. I wanted it to manage the hardware on the kernel space while having an easy sysfs user space interface. It also aims to reduce the code to maintain by relaying on existing kernel features instead of recoding them. Plus, you can switch to hardware i2c/spi (instead of software gpio) depending on the pins used. You can use "vfdconf-convert" to convert your existing vfd.conf to its device…
-
Reputation Points
- 165 replies
- 66k views
- 6 followers
-
-
I finnaly found it on google Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gVU-iGhoYALZNok6RMkUzWg0BhXTrWCt/view?usp=drive_link
-
I just got a mystery box from Ameridroid that contained a ODROID-GO-Ultra. Hardkernel has an old Ubuntu 20.04 image. Does Armibian support this device?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am unable to get any RTC installed on a C2 with current Armbian. i2cdetect sees the device ID but no joy getting anything to talk to it. Yes, I know these are very old but they were donated to a non-profit and I am trying to help set them up for a project. Current Armbian runs great and perfect for our need. I need an RTC. I have tried both the Odroid PCF8563 (0x51 seen) and DS3231. I have tried all the online blog posts, rebuilt the Device Tree, etc. but can't seem to get things to work. Any pointers would be much appreciate. LInux odroidc2 6.12.56-current-meson64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed. Oct 29 13:09:02 UTC 2025 Thanks, Scott
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I figure I'd make this a new post. Thanks to @Markus_ and @Igor for their help. I'm still trying to get wifi module 3 working, but I'm happy to at least have an up to date C1 image. git clone --depth=1 --branch=master https://github.com/armbian/build cd build mkdir -p ./output/debs wget -c -O ./output/debs/linux-u-boot-current-odroidc1_23.02.0-trunk_armhf.deb http://apt.armbian.com/pool/main/l/linux-u-boot-odroidc1-current/linux-u-boot-current-odroidc1_21.02.3_armhf.deb ./compile.sh CLEAN_LEVEL= BOARD=odroidc1 BRANCH=current RELEASE=jammy REPOSITORY_INSTALL= BUILD_MINIMAL=no BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no KERNEL_ONLY=no COMPRES…
-
Reputation Points
- 87 replies
- 38.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hello I'm running debian bullseye on an Odroid C4 since quite some time now and decided it was a good time to upgrade to bookworm. When I first installed armbian on this board, I remember that I had to install the Odroid HC4 image. If I'm not mistaking, there were no C4 image at the time. After upgrading my current bullseye firmware with armbian-config ( and by passing the SSD issue described in this armbian forum post by hot plugging it ), I noticed that /boot/armbianEnv.txt had this line: fdtfile=amlogic/meson-sm1-odroid-hc4.dtb whereas the amlogic/meson-sm1-odroid-c4.dtb file exists in the /boot/dtb directory. Despite having read…
-
I only test on my OdroidC2 so this find may affect more. As repeatedly mentioned, the C2 has usb detect issues. For us, a main culprit not discussed yet is the default kernel config. Having both: CONFIG_USB_EHCI_TT_NEWSCHED=Y CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD=Y For USB1.1, these should be one or the other, never both. Mainline has: CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD=Y and CONFIG_USB_EHCI_TT_NEWSCHED is not set. For the OdroidC2, CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD=N is proper. As it has no OHCI and USB2 handles that for us. Forcing the USB power on state has helped workaround this issue, by keeping the driver tied to the device in the kernel.
-
Thanks to g4751 for doing the tests for Odroid-HC4. The tests for the Odroid-C2 were performed by myself. Tests were performed on Armbian 24.08 Official releases. Fix is to add a section to the DTB to enable a recently (last year) added kernel driver "meson64-reboot" that is an updated version of the "odroid-reboot" in older kernels. For Odroid-C2: - save your existing DTB - use DTC to convert DTB->DTS - modify the DTS with the code below - use DTC to convert DTS->DTB - reboot (will fail because new DTB not loaded yet) - POR (will now load the new DTB) - log-in - reboot should now work. …
-
Hi, can someone help me, I got an odroid n2 with emmc. For years I was running buster. Now because of end of updates, I upgraded from buster to bullseye - everything was fine there. After upgrading to bullseye I tried to update to bookworm. Upgrade itself seemed ok, all packages installed. I did it like described here After updating to the "default debian bookworm", I commented in the Armbian repository with bullseye in armbian.list, and it updated this packages armbian-bsp-cli-odroidn2 armbian-config armbian-zsh base-files linux-dtb-current-meson64 linux-image-current-meson64 linux-u-boot-odroidn2-current…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 13.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
# uname -a Linux odroidc4 6.6.63-current-meson64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 22 14:38:37 UTC 2024 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux Installed latest "Armbian_24.11.1_Odroidc4_noble_current_6.6.60-kisak.img" ...with latest sudo apt update; sudo apt upgrade, rebooted... Hardware: - Odroid-C4 - Sabrent USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA Adapter; Model: EC-SSHD with latest firmware patch, connected to a Kingston SSD: SA400S37480G # dmesg -l emerg,alert,crit,err [ 0.879290] meson-drm ff900000.vpu: DSI transceiver device is disabled [ 3.402246] systemd[1]: Failed to start systemd-sysctl.service - Apply Kernel Variables. [ 4.327154] panfrost ffe40000.…
-
I successfully flashed the "Armbian_24.11.1_Odroidc4_noble_current_6.6.60-kisak.img" on my emmc, and everything boots, runs, and updates fine... My 2TB USB3.0 seagate HD, /dev/sda, is seen fine in "dmesg", as well as "lsblk" and "blkid", but when I add my UUID, ..., in /etc/fstab it fails to mount at boot. see below line in /etc/fstab for above /dev/sda1 : UUID=<output-of-bklid-for-sda1> /media/USB01 ext4 defaults 0 1 To test the above /etc/fstab mount I ran: sudo findmnt --verify (which completes successfully) Also, if I run: sudo mount -a (it manually automounts /dev/sda1 -> /media/USB01 successfully). …
-
I am trying to enable the external antenna on my Radxa Zero SBC. I was assuming that there is a kernel overlay available to achieve this, but unfortunately not. At least I am unable to find it using armbian-config. I am running Armbian v24.11.1 with kernel 6.6.63-current-meson64. Has anyone ever achieved to enable the external antenna? Any hints appreciated.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Would it be possible to get a "minimal" build of Armbian based on Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble) for the Radxa Zero 2? Thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi there! I just got my hands on a brand new Odroid C4. I flashed Armbian Bullseye (tried Buster too as Bullseye is marked unstable) onto an SD card. The Issue I'm now facing is, after any sort of kernel update the board will not properly soft reboot anymore. I can restart the freshly installed system (which I generated the ix link with) as many times as I want using /sbin/reboot, but one apt upgrade later the board hangs in limbo when I issue a soft reboot. I can see the system itself shutting down, the blue light stopping to heartbeat, and then nothing happens anymore, until I replug power, then the board boots up fin…
-
Reputation Points
- 29 replies
- 46.1k views
- 5 followers
-
-
hi, i recently created a game that i would like to install over 905x3 tv box, i would like to protect it from copy. is there a way to encrypt the whole ROM without the need of any external hardware or password to be entered each reboot ? tv box launch directly into the game and every possible way to interact with linux is disabled (keyboard, usb, lan) and i only need to encrypt the ROM to make the game more resistent in some extent to copy. i read about encrypted bootloader but i'm not sure if that is what i need. can i only encrypt the game bin with a key that is protected inside the 905x3 ? (beside cpuid as it seem easy to reverse). …
-
Hello, Thank you for the great effort of Armbian having community support of this board. I have a Waveshare 4inch DSI LCD with touch that I want to use it with Radxa Zero 2 Pro. They have a device tree overlay provided for Raspberry Pi and drivers for different kernels for RPi And I found a kernel patch that seem to enable DSI here. ********************************************************************** I am using the latest build of Armbian for radxa-zero2 and it's Linux radxa-zero2 6.6.53-current-meson64 When I find /lib/modules/$(uname -r) -type f -name '*dsi*' It shows /lib/modules/6.6.53-current…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello Armbian Community, I'm reaching out for help with a critical issue I've been facing on my ODROID HC4 server since updating to Armbian_community 24.8.0-trunk.4xx. I put 4xx because I don't know which version caused the issues. It was yesterday and I just saw updates in my OMV workbench, did the updates and then rebooted and then was unable to access OMV anymore. I have since upgraded to trunk.500 last night, didn't help, and trunk.501 this morning also didn't fix anything. Here’s a detailed account of the situation and the troubleshooting steps I've taken so far. Background: Device: ODROID HC4 OS: Armbian (l…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Running ODroid HC4 on Armbian bookworm with Openmediavault 7 with docker compose plugin. I've done 2 clean installs to ensure the problem is reproducable and not something I meddled with. I spent time on Docker's forums running sample containers I was asked to try, they viewed my settings logs for docker and were at a loss. The containers go up fine and are running. They just cannot be accessed even from the host machine e.g. curl http://localhost:8080 fails when running a sample container docker hub forums supplied me with as a 'surefire' test. --- services: test_default_bridge: image: nginx:latest network_mode: bridge …
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 4.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I was running Armbian Bullseye for a while with OMV 6. I happened to see OMV has gone to v7 and Armbian to bookworm. I went here to get the SBC/IOT bare version of bookworm: https://www.armbian.com/odroid-hc4/ Problem 1: is it said: "You are using an automated version meant only for developers..." Problem 2: it did not come with Armbian-config which I had to install manually Problem 3: Armbian-config 'softy' refused to install OMV saying it can only be installed on Buster (OMV5) or Bullseye (OMV6) Finally: https://wiki.omv-extras.org/doku.php?id=omv7:armbian_bookworm_install states specifically not to use any developer v…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 6.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. I tried the steps, but my Mecool KIII pro don't run using default conf extlinux.conf: label Armbian_community kernel /Image initrd /uInitrd fdtdir /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxm-mecool-kiii-pro.dtb append root=UUID=3bc7a8b8-73ee-4ade-9030-f3fa965fc27e rootflags=data=writeback console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 rw no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles But I need choose (unofficial) label Armbian-unofficial kernel /Image initrd /uInitrd fdtdir /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxm-mecool-kiii-pro.dtb #Insert the correct FDT line for your b…
-
I have tried every one of the latest 24.x images on my newly purchased LaFrite s805x-ac board. NONE worked. They all gave an error about overwriting reserved memory. I randomly chose a 20.x image and it worked immedaitely. I do not currently have time to do further analysis.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Like Le Potato, status of support. Unlike Le Potato, WIP board without official support, 90% of this is incidental to improved mainline support/easy adaptation of fixes for other boards. Current next image kernel: 4.14 Dec. 14 2017: Functions working for me (N=1 sample size) WiFi functioned for me out of the box. HDMI (I added this functionality some time ago) HDMI Sound (Added as of 1:45 Dec.14, not part of any image/build yet) USB Ethernet (no long-term stability testing yet) Jan. 24 2018: small bugfix Board now reports 2 GB RAM instead of 1 July 8, 2018: "Next" kernel (4.17) bugfix HDMI audio…
-
Reputation Points
- 69 replies
- 50.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I needed a kernel upgrade to be able to run some applications. I value stability over cutting edge features so I decided to try the Debian image. However I detected a few things that are not working properly. 1. USB almost never works. Most of the time my very plain USB keyboard won't be detected. There is an error message right at the start of the boot sequence "Failed to get keyboard state from device[...]". I have to shutdown and start multiple times by plugging off the power cable and I also keep trying different USB ports. Some rare times the keyboard will work though, even with the above error message. Even rarely I don’t see the error message at the boo…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, Armbian_21.02.3_Odroidc1_focal_current_5.10.21 how do I find out which number do I need to provide to gpio export command? Let's say I have physical pin 16, which is labeled by the manufacturer as `GPIOX.5` or `102`. But that doesn't work with Armbian: echo 102 > /sys/class/gpio/export [ 1602.030617] export_store: invalid GPIO 102 How do I know the value to provide for /sys/class/gpio/export? # cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio gpiochip1: GPIOs 413-428, parent: platform/c8100084.pinctrl, aobus-banks: gpio-416 ( |TF_IO ) out lo gpio-417 ( |usb-hub-reset ) …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I just received my new Odroid HC4 and wanted to install Armbian on it. I downloaded and decided to use the following image: Armbian_24.2.1_Odroidxu4_jammy_current_6.1.77.img I used two ways to flash the SD card - Balnea echter and also - sudo dd if=Armbian_24.2.1_Odroidxu4_jammy_current_6.1.77.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 As recommended to bypass the bootloader petitboot I followed the recommended procedure: ********************************************************************** Bootloader Bypass Method This is now the preferred method. It is easier, and be performed without a display via SSH Install an SD Card with a fresh Armbian …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, all I have tested all the bookworm images and they all have the same error. HDMI debugging not working... This is the log uart Armbian_23.5.1_Nanopik2-s905_bookworm_current_6.1.30 Regards npik2-armbian
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I broke my /boot on eMMC and my Beelink GT1 is in boot loop. I can't configure u-boot to boot from the SD card to reinstall it. Can you help me reconfigure u-boot to boot from the SD card? Thx printenv bootargs=rootfstype=ramfs init=/init console=ttyS0,115200 no_console_suspend earlyprintk=aml-uart,0xc81004c0 ramoops.mem_address=0x20000000 ramoops.mem_size=0x100000 ramoops.record_size=0x8000 ramoops.console_size=0x4000 androidboot.selinux=permissive logo=osd1,loaded,0x3f800000,576cvbs hdmimode=720p60hz cvbsmode=576cvbs hdmitx= androidboot.firstboot=0 mac=86:48:d8:49:99:56 androidboot.mac=86:48:d8:49:99:56 bootcmd=run start_aut…
-
Hi , i buiild a SPDIF connector like shown here: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?t=21477 it uses the J7 SPDIF output which is connected to HDMI. On coreelec i can clearly see a HDMI soundcard output with aplay -L , i dont see that on armbian.... Is odroid c2 spdif output on armbian working ? why do i not see this soundcard that f.e. libreelec is showing ( i have 2 odroid c2s , one is running coreelec in my living room with HDMI connector working) im using a little older armbian distro since the latest has ethernet issues on C2 (im using 20.11 , kernel 5.9.10 debian edition ) regards, Simon
-
Hello Experts, I was hoping to get some beginner help getting my TV's remote control working with my Radxa Zero 2 micro computer running Armbian_23.11.1_Radxa-zero2_jammy_current_6.1.63_xfce_desktop or any armbian OS if there is a better one that can do CEC out of the box. I have installed v4l-utils and cec-utils, but when I use the command cec-ctl there is an error: Failed to open /dev/cec0 I know my Samsung tv/hdmi connection is good and the remote works with my raspberry pi 4 with LibreElec, but it seems like this Radxa Zero does not recognize the HDMI/CEC device and its not installed. The Raspi4+LibreELEC works with my TV out of th…
-
I try to profiler the system, but could not find vmlinux binary and kernel debug symbol. The board is Odroid C4, SD card Image is download from armbian website Ubuntu 22.04.3 kernel 6.1.50-current-meson64 Thank you for help
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.3k views
-
-
I am running bookworm on a banana pi m2 zero. It comes up properly and connects to Wifi and to the attached LAN adapter, so I can access it via SSH on both interfaces. BUT, when I disconnect the keyboard, it doesn't boot properly anymore and I cannot connect to it. I attached a monitor to take a look at the startup messages and found that it hangs at starting the hostname service (see screenshot) How can I get it to boot properly?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I would like to run a 32 bits (armhf) Debian or Ubuntu image on an Odroid C4. Do you know if this is possible, and if it is, can you point me to the right image ? Cheers, jf
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I have trouble activating i2c on odroid c4. There's a pcf8563 module connected to the board. Also, /dev/i2c-0 /dev/i2c-1 exist. But pcf8563 does not show up when I run i2cdetect. I can rule out hardware issue because both i2c and pcf8563 work well with Hardkernel's Ubuntu image. So far, I've tried the followings but they don't work: Adding overlay="i2cA i2cB" to /boot/armbianEnv.txt and reboot. Manually editing device tree by changing status under "i2c@1d000" to "okay" and reboot. Also, I remember that i2c used to work on older versions of Armbian, which come with older version of kernels. But since linux 5.19, i2c no longer w…
-
Hi! I try to use GPIO on BananaPi M5 board. But interface doesn't work. Armbian 23.05.1 Jammy with Linux 6.1.30-meson64. /boot/armbianEnv.txt: verbosity=1 console=both overlay_prefix=meson fdtfile=amlogic/meson-sm1-bananapi-m5.dtb rootdev=UUID=d099eb25-cf52-43fb-b826-535b9109637f rootfstype=ext4 overlays=w1-gpio usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u m5@bananapim5:~$ dmesg | grep w1 [ 7.568386] w1-gpio onewire@0: gpio_request (pin) failed [ 7.607814] w1-gpio onewire@0: gpio_request (pin) failed [ 7.620109] w1-gpio onewire@0: gpio_request (pin) failed [ 7.662444] w1-gpio onewire@0: gpio_request (pin) failed [ …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Armbian Armbian 22.11.4 Jammy on Odroid C4 boot from SD card system on an ext4 SSD. First of all - everything I need works correctly... However, I have a question about the SD card. During the first installation on the SSD disk, the system hung on the first reboot and you could see from the console that the SD card with UUID=61748c7e-b234-40e8-b6b6-592f845c3699 was being waited for. After the timeout, the only way to fix the "error" was to log into the system via terminal. Long story - only after commenting out the SD card in the fstab on the SSD: UUID=61748c7e-b234-40e8-b6b6-592f845c3699 /media/mmcboot ext4 defaults,noatime,commit=600,errors=…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 9.7k views
-
-
I can't upgrade armbian focal to bullseye.
-
I've installed Armbian on a Odroid C4 board (running with emmc storage & connected to the orginal power supply). After a few hours or days, the board crashes & throws an error unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 000000000002e82e2... See https://pasteboard.co/NjIo5L6UR0Px.jpg for the complete error message System diagnosis information is uploaded to https://paste.armbian.com/aqahepelav
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
https://www.armbian.com/radxa-zero2/
-
Dear all, I have a strage problem here with handling large files and I ran out of ideas. System: Odroid C4 (running from SD-card) OS: 5.7.15-meson64 #20.08 SMP PREEMPT PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)" Attached to the system are a few USB disks: 3x 8TB, 1x 4TB, 1x 3TB, 1x 2TB All filesystems: ext4 (except the remote NAS filesystem, which is ZFS - see below) 3 of these disks are encrypted via truecrypt 7.1 On the 3 TB disk (ext4, unencrypted) there is a zipped dd-image of a harddisk. That file has about 760 GB size Now I tried to copy this file to a different location…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys, I have issues with audio - only dummy interface shown - after the system update of ~2year old armbian. I did not find any solution, so I decided to go for latest build - so I flashed latest image Armbian 23.02 Jammy XFCE to the emmc drive of my odroid C4. System started ok, but unfortunately no HDMI audio device shown anyway. I have no idea what to do, my dmesq is full of these lines: [ 13.936415] fe.dai-link-0: ASoC: no backend DAIs enabled for fe.dai-link-0 [ 13.937748] fe.dai-link-0: ASoC: error at dpcm_fe_dai_prepare on fe.dai-link-0: -22 ... [ 935.795034] fe.dai-link-0: ASoC: no backend DAIs enabled for fe.dai-link-0 [ …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I cannot find the serial number with Armbian 23.02.2 on ODroid C4. On ODroid C2 with Armbian 22.11.2 and older versions it was readable on /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/serial-number. This does not exist anymore on C4. I do not know if it depends on Armbian version or board type.
-
Are there any images for the C1? The archive download link is broken.
-
Reputation Points
- 20 replies
- 15k views
- 1 follower
-
-
How to run Armbian on Odroid C4? I followed official guide (https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started), but I always ends up with following: Gave up waiting for root file system device. Common problems: - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline) - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?) - Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev) ALERT! UUID=e614931e-7b37-40f0-8d34-c3ca836004e8 does not exist. Dropping to a shell! SD-Card is working fine when other OS is used (such as Ubuntu provided by Hardkernel) Am I missing something?
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 6.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Images tried : Armbian_21.02.1_Odroidc1_bullseye_current_5.10.12.img.xz Armbian_22.08.0-trunk_Odroidc1_jammy_current_5.18.19.img.xz Results: Armbian_21.02.1_Odroidc1_bullseye_current_5.10.12.img.xz Network is recognized and ssh login possible + Serial console output working. ping gmail.com is working Armbian_22.08.0-trunk_Odroidc1_jammy_current_5.18.19.img.xz Network is not recognized and ssh login possible + Serial console output working. ping gmail.com is not working
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The proposed solution here (https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/4824) basically performs a power-reset of the SDCARD in the final moments in order to prepare for the bootloader's (Uboot) restart. What puzzles me is that the kernel has a Watchdog feature which seems to operating fine as witnessed by the console log "watchdog: watchdog0: watchdog did not stop!" meaning that the watchdog driver has been told to disregard attempts to disable it (which is fine in the context that the watchdog is being used to reset the cpu). The problem is, the watchdog never times-out because, i presume, something is still "kicking the dog" (there seems to be a worker thread tas…
-
ODROID C4 : How can I configure SDIO bus on GPIO 40 pins ? I beleave that ODROID-C4 GPIO 40pins supports SDIO bus by SoC GPIO pin configuration. How can I get such pin configuration, that enables SDIO bus on GPIO 40 pins? Are there someone who got such configuration? Thank you .
-
My buddy gave me his Odroid C4 when he bought a Raspberry and it has been reset for me to use. I plugged it into my new fibre modem. It has access to the internet. I have my PC upstairs with lots of videos I have downloaded. I used to use a WD box to watch my movies. I can't seem to get the new Odroid to connect to the network. I use windows 10 and didn't have a problem sharing files before. Does anyone have idea on how to hock the systems so they will share files??? Rod
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
Hello to all, I have an OdroidC4 with a Hardkernel HDMI Display VU7Aplus. I installed latest image 22.11 XFCE. I think the display size via display data channel is not properly handled. If a lot of text is to be displayed (see pic with the setting of the locale after first login), the lowest lines disappear. So you have to type in the language/continent/country settings blind, because there is no input prompt to be seen. Even when the GUI desktop starts, there is the same issue. When you open a terminal window, the lower border of the window disappears (see pic). Is there a way to configure the display size manually? I also did …
-
Hi, just returned to start working on a FLIR Lepton camera, with Odroid C4, hooked up to SPI (faster than the C2). WIth the official image from download page (Armbian 22.08 Jammy, kernel 5.10.144) I get the following message on console as soon as I try any access to spidev: [ 77.660325] Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 0000000000000000 [ 77.666930] Mem abort info: [ 77.670400] ESR = 0x86000004 [ 77.673801] EC = 0x21: IABT (current EL), IL = 32 bits [ 77.677915] SET = 0, FnV = 0 [ 77.681367] EA = 0, S1PTW = 0 [ 77.684796] user pgtable: 4k pages, 48-bit VAs, pgdp=000000000f26b000 [ 77.690454] [00000000…
-
Please delete! I just found the problem. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Hi guys, i'm running an Odroid C4 with Armbian Jammy. uname -a Linux Homeserver 6.0.13-meson64 #22.11.2 SMP PREEMPT Sun Dec 18 16:52:19 CET 2022 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux Everything works fine so far. Today I just bought an external ssd drive "SanDisk Portable SSD 1TB". I can mount and use it, but the speed seams quit slow to me. The packaging of the ssd say "up to 520MB/s" and the USB 3.0 ports should have higher speed than this: …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I’m running an Odroid C2 and trying to drive a 14.9" 1280x390 60hz LCD marquis display. On a Pi I can change the boot config files to the following and the display works like a champ. [HDMI:1] hdmi_group=2 hdmi_mode=87 hdmi_timings=1280 0 8 128 64 390 0 1 3 24 0 0 0 67 0 42009500 8 On the Odroid running Armbian 22.11 Jammy XFCE I tried changing: /boot/armbianEnv.txt adding display_autodetect=false hdmimode=1280x390p60hz I had no joy with this change, it did not modify the display output. I love how fast and light Odroid is with Armbian, it is really snappy, but I need some help stretchin…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello I use the odroidn2 build, (slightly patched with dts add patch) for my Dreambox one/two (s922X). My Broadcom Wlan chip BRCM4356A2 is not supported in either etch or current. This patches: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/patch/kernel/archive/meson64-6.0/general-meson-mmc-1-arm64-amlogic-mmc-meson-gx-Add-core-tx-rx-eMMC-SD-SD.patch https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/patch/kernel/archive/meson64-6.0/general-meson-mmc-2-arm64-amlogic-dts-meson-update-meson-axg-device-tree.patch prevent that. https://pastebin.com/Cbvd82R8 If I go back to the previous patch: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/patch/kernel/ar…
-
boa noite gostaria de pedir ajuda estou tentando instalar o armbian em placa amlogic s805 e gostaria do arquivo u-boot já pesquisei no forum no site desde já agradeço não obteve sucesso
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
For testing, I'm looking for volunteers who have an Odroid C1 (s805)
-
Reputation Points
- 39 replies
- 26.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have just downloaded the latest version of Armbian and when I power on my potato there is only a solid red, and solid blue light. I thought it was my micro SD card but I installed Ubuntu onto the same micro SD and the potato booted up fine with a green light and flashing blue light. Is this because it is a new update or am I doing something wrong.
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 8.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone, I am evaluating the purchase of an SBC (the Radxa Zero seems to be the best equipment, power / consumption) for one of my projects, but I cannot find reliable sources regarding the consumption of the SBCs. Have any of you carried out extensive tests?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 6.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I have a Waveshare 3.5inch RPi LCD (A): https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/3.5inch_RPi_LCD_(A) Does somebody have this kind of LCD running on a Odroid C2? Is there a step by step? Because the Waveshare or Odroid Wiki is over my head 😟
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi. I want to use CAN interface on ODROID C2 board. I use external CAN-bus controller like MCP2515 via SPI interface. So, i need to enable SPI and CAN-bus peripherals and in kernel. So, could someone explain me how to do that? I know about device tree, but don`t know what to do. Just give me some guide links about device tree management, any examples, etc.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
Hi, I have C4 installed sdcard with bullseye from armbian website and all good first steps, change pass etc, update upgrade, no error on console and reboot from console it simple not rebooting, I need to power off all the time. I tried Jammy just for check that is worked so what is wrong with Bullseye? My armbianmonitor -u is at http://ix.io/4cyZ
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Hello Guys, i am running an Odroid C2 with the latest Armbian based on debian Bullseye. As disk i am using an 8GB emmc flash drive. For longlive reasons i am thinking about to reduce the read or more important the write access to that drive. I know, that every SD card and also every EMMC flash drive got a certain amount of write access and then its dead... So i am ask you what can i do to reduce read/write: - move logs to external usb? - activate ZRAM? - disable cache...? - tmpfs? I am just at the beginning of this, so kindly let me know if you guys have some well know hints. Thanks JM
-
So far I can only get the C4 to boot from a EMMC card, not a SDHC card, is that true or an I doing something wrong? I install the image with "dd if=./armbian...img bs=8M of=/dev/sde; sync; sync". That makes a bootable EMMC card, but all attempts with the SDHC card it just seems to sit there.
-
I use DietPi on my Odroid C2. I post here because the developer mentioned that the DietPi image is based on the Armbian kernel and he suggested posting here. When I attach the R5 to a USB port of my Odroid C2 it is not recognized. lsusb and dmesg do not show it. On my Ubuntu 22.04 PC it does show up. Looked around and finally found an old post on this forum that mentions a bug with the C2 in recognizing USB devices. The mentioned workaround is to add a second USB device and reboot the device. I added an USB drive and both are now recognized, initialized and working after a reboot. (When removing one of the devices it again doesn’t stick after a rebo…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 10.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Folks, did anybody got a working Armbian image for the Nanopi-K2 EMMC version. The SD Version works great, I'm looking for an EMMC version, or a tutorial on how to convert the SD version into an EMMC Version. I know that there is an EMMC OÌmage at NanoPi Download page, BUT with this version none of the 4 USB Ports is working, and the Kernel is 3.14. and cannot be updated anymore. many thanks for any hint PS: I also try to contact nanopi support but I never get any response from them. wikrie
-
Reputation Points
- 98 replies
- 41.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi there, I've an odroid C2 device used for home automation and running armbian (uname -a) : Linux odroidc2 4.19.69-meson64 which is running stable with no problem. Yesterday, I've downloaded a fresh image of latest armbian for odroid C2, named Armbian_21.02.1_Odroidc2_buster_current_5.10.12.img.xz. Put it on a new SD card and booted. It booted correctly but I've NO network. The LAN chip doesnt work at all, altough it appear in the device list I've theses entries in dmesg: [ 2.217600] meson8b-dwmac c9410000.ethernet: IRQ eth_wake_irq not found [ 2.217611] meson8b-dwmac c9410000.ethernet: IRQ eth_lpi not found [ 2.217694] meson8b-dwmac c9…
-
Reputation Points
- 90 replies
- 45k views
- 6 followers
-
-
-
Hi everyone, I have Radxa Zero 4GB-64GeMMC model. I'm using latest Armbian (22.05.3) on microSD card. I want to connect my portable SSD (500GB) to RZ with USB3.0 hub that has additional power imput to support energy hungry devices. I checked usb hub is working with 16GB usb flash. My ssd use realtek RTL9210 chip. I also get similar problem with 32gb mSD card formatted with FAT32. When I connected the SD card reader, other device that uses same hub become slaggish and do not working properly. If I unplag sd card or ssd everything back normal. I thing there is a driver problem. Radxa Zero Diagnostic Dump
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi! I have buy an used odroid c2 and want to connect it to my tv. I have tried latest desktop image but my tv won't show me nothing so i tried latest Focal Cinnamon image and it is the same. I can log with ssl Here is my arbianmonitor -u result http://ix.io/3ZCA
-
Hi, I have a Radxa Zero 4+64 GB model SBC. I saw new Xiaomi 4k tv stick and it has Amlogic S905Y4 and it has similar performance to S905Y2. I wonder when radxa zero will get h/w acceleration to use all potential of SoC. If there is already got h/w acceleration support, I'm sorry for writing this questions. I tried radxa debian (official), manjaro and armbian images. All of them not able to play videos smoothly in firefox. Thanks for all replies.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have an C2 and an old VU7 (800x480p60hz) https://wiki.odroid.com/accessory/display/vu_series/vu7/vu7#tab__odroid-c2 that I was hoping to use for a mini kiosk. Was able to run the older Hard Kernel supplied images with the uboot boot.ini updates suggested above to change disable auto detect, fix the resolution, and set to DVI rather than HDMI mode. When I loaded the latest Focal image from Armbian when I have the screen switched on then the kernel faults and reboots. ## Flattened Device Tree blob at 04080000 Booting using the fdt blob at 0x4080000 Loading Ramdisk to 7b06a000, end 7bf49d63 ... OK Loading Device Tree to 000000007a…
-
After the last "sudo apt upgrade" my odroid C4 (meson) doesn't reboot properly anymore. In the system out there are many lines like: "Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically done." and one : "mdadm: error opening /dev/md?*: No such file or directory mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically /scripts/local-block/mdadm: 58: /scripts/local-block/mdadm: rm: not found" at the end: "Gave up waiting for root file system device. Common problems: - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline) - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?) - Missing modules (cat /proc/mo…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
This week we discontinued the default 3.x kernel for the Odroid C2, and are working on the 4.18/4.19 kernels. A few odds and ends have come up, the biggest one appears to be the gpio-hog in the C2 device tree somehow not working, causing the USB hub on the board to never be powered on. root@odroidc2:/sys/class/gpio# cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio gpiochip1: GPIOs 378-496, parent: platform/c8834000.periphs:pinctrl@4b0, periphs-banks: gpio-392 ( |mdio-reset ) out hi gpio-407 ( |reset ) out hi gpio-422 ( |cd ) in lo gpio-465 ( |TFLASH_VDD …
-
Reputation Points
- 40 replies
- 33.5k views
- 6 followers
-
-
Hi! Odroid&ARM newbie here! Trying to boot Armbian on HC4, no picture coming up. I guess my problem is my old LCD display that im connecting with hdmi-vga connector. Display and connector are working, i tried with Odroid ubuntu SD-card, but when i ordered i didnt realize its Ubuntu-minimal. (My internet comes from mobile wifi hotspot, and i have no idea how to install GUI in there. Also Odroid wifi-bluetooth dongle is a pita) In Ubuntu, to get the monitor working i changed lines in boot.ini and conf.ini, no idea which of those files is the right one. My working lines in those Odroid Ubuntu 20.04 files are: setenv display_autode…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
according to here 5.13 is latest kernel https://www.armbian.com/odroid-c2/ but when I issue: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y I'm still on 5.10....
-
I'm running Armbian from a emmc 16GB card. When I use the web browser the mouse constantly flickers, is there any way to get this to stop? Is there a graphics driver I should have enabled? When I select Additional Hardware Drivers none show up, so maybe there isnt a GPU accelerated driver available. Also switching between desktops feels sluggish. Maybe Im expecting too much performance from a $50 SBC. Thanks for your help & time in making this distribution. Im just looking to make the best user experience possible.
-
The latest apt-get upgrade on my board running Focal updated all but two (described below) of the following packages: armbian-firmware armbian-focal-desktop-xfce armbian-zsh bluez bluez-obexd libbluetooth3 libnss-myhostname libpam-systemd libsecret-1-0 libsecret-common libsmbclient libsystemd0 libudev1 libwbclient0 linux-dtb-current-meson64 linux-image-current-meson64 linux-libc-dev linux-u-boot-odroidc4-current python3-samba samba samba-common samba-common-bin samba-libs smbclient systemdsystemd-sysv udev This generated a new initramfs and uboot updates so I rebooted afterwards to make sure everything was ok. Now, the Light Display Manager has …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 7k views
-
-
Hello, I'm facing a weird issue where a network connection doesn't work after my HC4 is started (after a power off), but then after calling a `reboot` network starts to work. I'm running a fresh install of the latest "Armbian Buster mainline kernel 5.10.y". More details in armbianmonitor's output: http://ix.io/2Rh8 http://ix.io/2Req I've tried playing with /etc/network/interfaces by putting stuff like the following there: allow-hotplug eth0 no-auto-down eth0 auto eth0 iface eth0 inet dhcp also tried static ip but nothing works. What exactly is happening? 1. When I power on my HC4 it awaits for …
-
Reputation Points
- 23 replies
- 15.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
The screen will display for a minute or two before the display will stop and the screen is blank. After 4 minutes the display is back ON. Armbian_21.02.3_Odroidc4_focal_current_5.10.21_xfce_desktop Last errors reported; Mar 11 20:00:00 odroidc4 systemd-udevd[1507]: card1: Worker [1535] failed Mar 11 20:00:00 odroidc4 systemd-udevd[1507]: Worker [1535] terminated by signal 9 (KILL) Mar 11 20:00:00 odroidc4 systemd-udevd[1507]: card1: Worker [1535] processing SEQNUM=2984 killed Mar 11 20:00:00 odroidc4 systemd-udevd[1535]: card1: Spawned process '/usr/local/bin/hdmi-hotplug' [4565] timed out after 2min 59s, killing Mar 11 19:59:14…
-
I am using two Odroid N2 and a new Odroid C4. The N2 installation with OMV5 is using Kernel 4.9.236 actually and the C4 is using the kernel 5.8 used in the latest download image for debian buster. When I try to install newer kernels after the following linux kernel packages the installation gets broken and the odroids are not booting anymore. There is also no output on hdmi to see what problem could be exist. On Odroid N2 I hear the USB drives starting, stopping, starting and then nothing happens. All other updates are installing without problems in rebooting. The N2 are using on my test N2 a micro sd card and on my prod n2 a emmc card. The C4 is a…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 8.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I recently uploaded Armbian_20.11_Odroidc4_focal_current 5.9.12_desktop.img.xz onto a new Odroid-C4. Booting up and getting started hasn't been a problem, but I've been interested in driving some brushless motors using a PWM control signal and started looking through the device tree. The C4 is supposed to have a total of 6 PWM outputs, spread over 3 pwmchip devices, which (I believe) should be named pwmchip0, pwmchip4, and pwmchip8. However, upon navigating to /sys/class/pwm, I'm only seeing pwmchip0. This seems a little odd, because if PWM was entirely disabled in the device tree, I wouldn't have expected that any of the chips would have appeared. Not sure if this is a b…
-
Hey, I am not able to compile a .ko kernel module : below the error. I think it's fair to say that it may happen on many boards. I guess you supposed that before I had to get the linux-headers on. which required to tune the build config and include the headers during the build for that specific meson64 release at least. Saying that after rebuilding all I am stuck again on the vdso as i can't build a .ko easily. I think many people but i let the team taken the decision may be stuck at one point on linux-headers or to compile a .ko module. I would recommend to have DEFAULT parameter YES for the linux-headers as well as all that would be required…
-
So as we know, the Hardkernel kernel did support powering the device on and off via a GPIO pin. This does not seem to work on Armbian with the mainline kernel. What does work is powering the device on and off with the remote control. So I wonder, what has to be done to enable power on and off vie the GPIO? My approach till now makes it possible to shutdown the device via GPIO interrupt. But then it will not come up again except if I reconnect the power cord or use the remote. I use this user device three overlay btw: /dts-v1/; /plugin/; /{ fragment@0 { target = <&ao_pinctrl>; __overlay__ { powe…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm getting a random packet loss on the ethernet connection. When pinging, about 6-8% pings are lost, the ssh connection sometimes freezes for a moment. Things I've tried so far: Disabled NetworkManager, added eth0 in /etc/network/interfaces with a static ip4 address Disabled EEE for eth0 Replaced ethernet cable Plugged into different switch None of them made something better. My C1 & C4 with the same Armbian Buster version/release don't have this issue. How to investigate deeper in this issue?
-
Image used Armbian_20.11.10_Odroidc4_focal_current_5.9.14_desktop.img It works with micro SD (eMMc not inserted) Not booting with eMMc (SD not inserted), With SD & eMMC, system boot from SD .. . I tried nand-sata-install -> "Update bootloader" script same problem. see the attached output error from my monitor
-
I recently bought a 64 GB eMMC module (chip on orange board) from Ordoid/Hardkernel but u-boot does not recognize the eMMC. What I did: installed the official Armbian_20.11.10_Odroidc2_focal_current_5.9.14.img.xz with Etcher on SD card booted successfully from SD card, eMMC is accessible from within Armbian/Ubuntu executed nand-sata-install to transfer the system to eMMC, which completed without error messages shutdown the system, removed SDcard and restarted it The serial console displayed the following: U-Boot 2020.10-armbian (Jan 05 2021 - 01:40:47 +0100) odroid-c2 …
-
Hi, for the Odrioid C4 eMMC v0.4 modules are available. like Spoiler https://www.pollin.de/p/odroid-32gb-emmc-module-c4-811145 Can I use these v0.4 modules in my Odroid C2, too? I didn't find any information about the compatibility. Thanks in advance! Matt
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A few weeks ago, after a firmware-upgrade my C2 bricked. It's blue led didn't flash any more and no serial console was available. Since I had everything setup just right I wanted to recover it using these steps here: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Recovery/#replacing-boot Off course I replaced the packages with the ones for the C2. Specifically: https://mirrors.dotsrc.org/armbian-apt/pool/main/l/linux-5.9.14-meson64/linux-dtb-current-meson64_20.11.3_arm64.deb https://mirrors.dotsrc.org/armbian-apt/pool/main/l/linux-5.9.14-meson64/linux-image-current-meson64_20.11.3_arm64.deb https://mirrors.dotsrc.org/armbian-apt/pool/main/l/linux-bust…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I started to play with lima(mesa mali drivers) on Odroid C2 with ubuntu 19.04 with kernel 5.3. rc6 with lima enabled I add latest mesa drivers from https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/ubuntu/graphics-drivers there are only arm64 packages But there is problem on amlogic platform with order of dri/card* as dri/card0 point to lima and dri/card1 point to mesa drm driver but most software don't have options to set it up and they expect drm driver on card0 so there is problem in weston 5 for example https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2018-September/039446.html but weston …
-
Reputation Points
- 66 replies
- 50.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I recently installed a fresh Armbian and did some tests. I noticed two major problems: Video is not accelerated: it is absolutely unusable with kodi Bluetooth seems absent (missing from DTB? other reason?) Please find below execution outputs of some commands: root@nanopik2-s905:~$ cat /etc/armbian-release # PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BOARD=nanopik2-s905 BOARD_NAME="NanoPi K2" BOARDFAMILY=meson-gxbb BUILD_REPOSITORY_URL=https://github.com/armbian/build BUILD_REPOSITORY_COMMIT=b9814056 DISTRIBUTION_CODENAME=focal DISTRIBUTION_STATUS=supported VERSION=20.11.3 LINUXFAMILY=meson64 BRANCH=current ARCH=arm64 IMAGE_TYPE=sta…
-
I tried Armbian_20.11.0-trunk.32_Odroidc2_focal_current_5.9.8.img and Armbian_20.11.0-trunk.32_Odroidc2_buster_current_5.9.8.img and both will not boot after apt upgrade. Armbian_20.08.22_Odroidc2_focal_current_5.9.6.img will not come up after sudo reboot and has to be power cycled. I believe the latter has been a persistent issue.
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 4.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi. I have experimented to make a csc for Khadas Vim2, similar to the one we already have for Vim1. It works pretty well. But I just wanted to check with the dev community before incorporating it to the build system, how do you guys feel about it.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
With my OPi Zero, I noticed that at random times the ethernet connection somehow gets disabled. The only way to recover is by power cycling. I use the device as Pi-Hole (so when ethernet gets disconnected, I don't have internet anymore), print server and UniFi controller. I decided to swap it for my Odroid C2. Odd enough the C2 has the same issue. Maybe someone can help me with this? When powercycled, the Odroid with the latest Armbian (installed two days ago) is all up and running fine. It can connect to the internet, I can SSH into it. The ethernet led is flashing orange, so the gigabit connection is available. However, at rondom times the ethernet led…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
I have a second usb network card (chip ax88179) conected to my C4. It randomly crashes and I have to rmmod/modprobe to make it work again : can't be done remotely without network... Looks like this kind of problem is kernel related : any idea ? uname -a Linux gwm 5.8.16-meson64 #20.08.14 SMP PREEMPT Tue Oct 20 22:50:41 CEST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux [34120.524606] ------------[ cut here ]------------ [34120.524659] NETDEV WATCHDOG: enx002427fe2bf8 (ax88179_178a): transmit queue 0 timed out [34120.525139] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 0 at net/sched/sch_generic.c:442 dev_watchdog+0x300/0x308 [34120.525160] Modules linked in: …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I flashed the image Armbian_20.08.1_Odroidc4_buster_current_5.8.5.img on my new odroid c4 without installing the latest updates (see my other post with no boot anymore after kernel update). After this I started via softy installation of omv5. During installation I wondered why my ssh connection was gone without any output. During installation there is a reboot of the os and the networking is not coming up anymore. I tried to find out and found: - armbian uses network manager for networking and the default config file is for dhcp - after omv5 installation network manager seems to be deinstalled and also there is a new empty config file under /e…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear community, unfortunately, "armbianmonitor -u" doesn't give me a link anymore, and I'm not sure if uploading works at all. So I cant provide the information As our deployment date approaches, we try to finalize our Armbian system for North Pacific seafloor... and found some unexpected problems (problems seem alwas to be unexpected): The TigerVNC has two problems on Armbian, and it would be great if you could verify that issues and maybe problem some helpful ideas: (1) TigerVNC (tigervnc-common/stable,now 1.9.0) needs the following workaround to start at all: LD_PRELOAD=/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 vncserver :1 -loc…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 7.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, as a small status update on the seafloor business, here are some pictures of the new Odroid C2 based instruments which will be deployed in September/October in the northers Pacific. Ten modules with different functionality will be deployed, all based on a standard setup of Odroid C2, TRB3sc FPGA based TDC DAQ system, one PADIWA preamp, and a modded mdedia converter serving as a fully configurable mini switch. One of the modules carries several Hamamatsu mini spectrometers, as well as a camera, to observe bioluminescence. Another module is targeting at muon tracking with SiPM based readout: …
-
With our Current moving to 5.7, anyone building it themselves should report anything missing/new/different/wanted here. Le Potato La Frite NanoPi K2 ODROID C2 VIM 1 USB OK OK OK OK OK REBOOT NOK OK OK NOK NOK SOUND OK OK OK OK OK HDMI OK OK OK OK OK Onboard Wi…
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 13.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have an application that depends on the Linux HID USB gadget via configfs on the USB OTG port. It works under Raspberry Pi OS (2020-05-27-buster-lite), but I'm having trouble getting it to work under Armbian (Armbian_20.05.2_Odroidc2_buster_current_5.6.15). Specifically, I'm having trouble getting the configfs module to run. What I've done so far: Removed the J1 jumper as described on the ODROID wiki. Recompiled /boot/dtbs/amlogic/meson-gxbb-odroidc2.dtb to set dr_mode = "peripheral"; as described in this ODROID magazine article. When I run this script with sudo: #!/usr/bin/env bash modprobe libcomposite cd…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 7.9k views
-
-
My NanoPiK2 is installed with Armbian Focal desktop system. When I used it normally for a day, I manually shut it down (closed properly). But when I restarted it, it finally displayed and stayed at [OK] Reached target Host and Network Name Lookups. Unable to enter the system. I tried to insert the SD card into the computer to search for the boot logs, but I couldn’t find it. How do i solve this problem?THANKS
-
Hi, I have question about ports /dev/ttyAML1 and /dev/ttyAML2 (device Odroid C2, Image Buster) I dont see in dmesg the ports /dev/ttyAML1 and /dev/ttyAML2 [ 0.000256] printk: console [tty1] enabled [ 1.877506] c81004c0.serial: ttyAML0 at MMIO 0xc81004c0 (irq = 13, base_baud = 1500000) is a meson_uart [ 1.877549] printk: console [ttyAML0] enabled [ 3.452296] systemd[1]: Created slice system-serial\x2dgetty.slice. [ 3.455230] systemd[1]: Created slice system-getty.slice. [ 4.257715] cdc_acm 1-1.4:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device overlays=i2cA i2cB uartA uartB uartC w1-gpio How should i chnage the meson-gxbb-…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Today I installed packages (apt-get upgrade): armbian-config armbian-firmware linux-buster-root-current-odroidc2 linux-dtb-current-meson64 linux-image-current-meson64 linux-u-boot-odroidc2-current and rebooted the system. Afterwards no more USB devices were found: Active USB Hub, USB Hd, USB mouse, USB memorystick Regardless if connected via USB Hub or directly. lsusb doesn't show any devices. Any hints? Thanks in advance
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-