July 15, 20206 yr What i know orange pi has two microphone option. 1- on board microphone 2 - from audio in out When i check with arecord -l i see only one card which is realtek5651 ı have tried voice record with arecord. ı couldnt get any voice. with usb sound card i can record. i can listen with on board auido out. Why i can not get any voice from on board microphone or audio in.? you can see my alsa values http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=351ef8f0285ef89eaa267f2b7ff9866f06ef3413 you can see all informations http://ix.io/2rH8 Edited July 15, 20206 yr by asendem extra information added
July 15, 20206 yr Hi, I made a similar topic. Same here. I can't tell if the audio drivers are not finished yet or we just dont know how to... I hope well get some more info...
July 16, 20206 yr Author Myself. i am not so professional these things. If you can show hot to add dts file. May be would be good. or if somebody add this to armbian so we can update. BY the way when i do cat /proc/asound/modules i got these results below 0 snd_soc_simple_card 1 snd_soc_simple_card
July 16, 20206 yr 12 hours ago, Werner said: Did you check this? Thats from april 6, all the patch should be included now...
July 17, 20206 yr I cant get to work the jack mic on the original OS, nor on armbian current... I used a omtp-ctia adapter.
July 20, 20206 yr Author On 7/17/2020 at 2:19 AM, Jack953 said: With original OS the onboard mic works (not too stable). What do you mean with original OS? Where to download? About microphone . which type microphone need to use to make it work through the jack?
July 20, 20206 yr 15 hours ago, asendem said: What do you mean with original OS? Where to download? The one from www.orangepi.org, made in china, and not mainline kernel. 15 hours ago, asendem said: which type microphone need to use to make it work through the jack? u have to use earphones+mic that uses a OMTP 3 way jack (today are more common ctia jack). However it didn't worked for me, only onboard.
July 27, 20206 yr new image, still no recording. but there are 2 volume icons! i think they are working on it
October 24, 20223 yr @Jack953 Maybe asound.state problem, I opened a PR. Fix mic for rt5651 asound.state by iamdrq · Pull Request #4331 · armbian/build (github.com)
July 29, 20233 yr Hi, I experience issue with built-in microphone on OrangePi4 LTS / Armbian. I see input devices, but arecord/parec doesn't record anything. I hear nothing when do `aplay output.wav`, but I still hear paplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Right.wav paplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Left.wav More info arecord -f cd -D hw:0,0 -d 5 -r 44100 output.wav aplay output.wav orangepi4-lts:~:# arecord -l #**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices **** #card 0: rockchipes8316c [rockchip-es8316c], device 0: ff880000.i2s-ES8316 HiFi ES8316 HiFi-0 [ff880000.i2s-ES8316 HiFi ES8316 HiFi-0] # Subdevices: 1/1 # Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 # card 1: hdmisound [hdmi-sound], device 0: ff8a0000.i2s-i2s-hifi i2s-hifi-0 [ff8a0000.i2s-i2s-hifi i2s-hifi-0] # Subdevices: 1/1 # Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 orangepi4-lts:~:# uname -a # Linux orangepi4-lts 6.1.30-rockchip64 #3 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 24 16:32:53 UTC 2023 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux orangepi4-lts:~:# cat /etc/issue # Armbian 23.5.1 Jammy \l pactl list sources | grep "Name:" # Name: alsa_output.platform-es8316c-card.stereo-fallback.monitor # Name: alsa_input.platform-es8316c-card.stereo-fallback # Name: alsa_output.platform-hdmi-sound.stereo-fallback.monitor device=alsa_input.platform-es8316c-card.stereo-fallback parec --device ${device} --format=s16le --channels=2 --rate=44100 --file-format=wav output.wav paplay output.wav Any suggestions? Edited July 29, 20233 yr by Mr. Fennec
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.