Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Possible to add ksmbd?

Featured Replies

Solved by TRS-80

  • Solution

Userland (apt, packages, etc.) is all Debian (or Ubuntu, depending on what you install).  Armbian is focused on low level stuff particular to these little boards (boot, kernel, dtb, firmware, etc.).

 

So, I imagine you would have to petition some Debian maintainer, or the ksmbd project directly?

 

I am Debian user, but still not to the point of packaging, yet.  I suppose it's only a matter of time...  But I digress.

 

Anyway, that might take a while.  In the meantime you could build it yourself, looks like...

@Mangix,

 

There are a few, like Armbian particular tools for instance:

 

┌─[ 2020-11-27 13:16 trs-80@cubietruck:~ ]
└─▶ $ dpkg-query -l '*armbian*'

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                  Version      Architecture Description
+++-=====================-============-============-=================================
un  armbian-bsp           <none>       <none>       (no description available)
ii  armbian-config        20.08.22     all          Armbian configuration utility
ii  armbian-firmware      20.08.22     all          Linux firmware
un  armbian-firmware-full <none>       <none>       (no description available)
un  armbian-hostapd       <none>       <none>       (no description available)
un  armbian-tools         <none>       <none>       (no description available)
un  armbian-tools-buster  <none>       <none>       (no description available)
ii  armbian-tools-jessie  5.60         armhf        Armbian tools, Cubie bt utils
un  armbian-u-boot        <none>       <none>       (no description available)

 

Also I noticed, while poking around in Armbian repositories it seems we package our (hardware specific) kernels, U-Boot, and some other things as Debian packages.  Which I think is a quite good idea, although I could see how it might lead to some confusion as in the case of your OP.

 

But other than those few things above which are particular to hardware or the Armbian project itself, all the other packages are just straight from vanilla Debian (or Ubuntu) repos.  Which to me is one of the great strengths of Armbian.

Edited by TRS-80
add last paragraph

Hi, I see linux 5.15 is in the beta repo.

It would be cool if we enabled the ntfs3 and ksmbd kernel modules. I'd like to test ksmbd, though the corresponding userland tools don't seem to be available in the debian repos, so we would compile those

it's meaningless to add ksmbd or ntfs3 to kernel, due to userspace tools are not ready for debian. espicailly for ntfs3, no userspace tool.

 

even armbian added, you still can't use them.

On 11/13/2021 at 10:37 AM, Igor said:

 

Just make something like https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/3232 Such things are accepted without questions asked. 

Yeah, I'll try making a PR.
 

 

On 11/13/2021 at 3:18 AM, ning said:

it's meaningless to add ksmbd or ntfs3 to kernel, due to userspace tools are not ready for debian. espicailly for ntfs3, no userspace tool.

 

even armbian added, you still can't use them.

We'll use the old ways

make time

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.