Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Automatic boot after mains power on

Featured Replies

My NAS do very little overnight so my NAS4 shuts down in the evening and shortly afterwards a physical time switch cuts the power - reinstating power in the morning at which time the NAS4 automatically reboots.

I want to do the same with the NAS64 - but even though I've read this (https://wiki.kobol.io/helios64/auto_poweron/) I'm not sure how to go about it.

 

I can't understand if it only works if the UPS has died, or if I have to run a script before shutdown or both.

 

Could you please clarify?

 

Thx ... Nick

  • Author

OK Thanks ebin-dev

 

For others who are as dumb as me you need to edit  "/lib/systemd/system-shutdown/disable_auto_poweron"

and change line ...

"echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio153/value"

to

"echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio153/value"

 

and it works!!! 

  • Author

Hi gprovost,

Yes I happened to find RTC in the doc yesterday!

 

I'm still using auto power on in case of power failure.

 

But, as you kindly suggest, I'm now using RTC - 2 tasks in OpenMediaVault5 job scheduling...

1/  sudo rtcwake -m disable                                                           (each reboot to reset any outstanding wake timers)

2/  sudo rtcwake -m off --date '+ 6 hour 15 minutes 0 seconds'    (each morning at 01:00 to shutdown and set wake timer for 07:15)

 

It worked fine this morning!  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.