Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Overlays not loading at boot - ROCKPRO64 on Armbian

Featured Replies

Hi!

 

When I try to run overlays on Armbian 21.08.2 Focal, they do not seem to load, see attached screenshot below for the output during boot. It looks to me that fdt is not properly run or sth.

 

root@rockpro64:/boot# cat /etc/os-release 
NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="20.04.3 LTS (Focal Fossa)"
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 21.08.2 Focal"
VERSION_ID="20.04"

 

root@rockpro64:/boot# cat armbianEnv.txt
verbosity=1
bootlogo=false
overlay_prefix=rockchip
rootdev=UUID=73fac48d-4f73-4ac1-b899-e67dc98b5794
rootfstype=ext4
overlays=pcie-gen2 spi-spidev
extraargs=net.ifnames=0 isolcpus=4,5
usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u
 

Anyone seen this before and knows what the issue can be/how it can be solved?

 

Thanks in advance!

 

BFfzLiq.jpeg

  • rookieone changed the title to Overlays not loading at boot - ROCKPRO64 on Armbian

I found the same issue on my RockPro64 running on Noble, kernel 6.6.63-current-rockchip64. I tried different kernels and gave armbian-config a chance to recreate the line in armbianEnv.txt related to overlays, but it did not improve. As a result of this problem, my board cannot go over 1800Mhz.

But 2 different boards, Asus Tinkerboard-2S, with the same SoC, one Debian second Ubuntu runs on 2GHz fine.

I will try to edit dts file to get what I want I think.

Merged content of overlay file into main dtb file; rebooted and whoa... I rockpro64 jumped to 2GHz.

 

Overlay:

/dts-v1/;

/ {
        compatible = "rockchip,rk3399";

        fragment@0 {
                target-path = "/opp-table-0";

                __overlay__ {

                        opp06 {
                                opp-hz = <0x00 0x5a1f4a00>;
                                opp-microvolt = <0x124f80>;
                        };
                };
        };

        fragment@1 {
                target-path = "/opp-table-1";

                __overlay__ {

                        opp08 {
                                opp-hz = <0x00 0x7829b800>;
                                opp-microvolt = <0x13d620>;
                        };
                };
        };
};

 

Commands required to edit the main dts file:

sudo apt install -y device-tree-compiler
mv rk3399-rockpro64.dtb rk3399-rockpro64.dtb.orig -v
dtc -I dtb -O dts rk3399-rockpro64.dtb.orig -o rk3399-rockpro64.dts
nano rk3399-rockpro64.dts
dtc -I dts -O dtb rk3399-rockpro64.dts -o rk3399-rockpro64.dtb
reboot

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.