November 13, 20214 yr Hello, This is my first post here, I don't know if this the right place, I just want to know if it is possible to install armbian on an M8S+ tv box, it has a amlogic s812 chip. I already downloaded the image file from : https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/s8xx/ I just want to ask if I have only to follow this guide of there is other things I need to know https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/ thank you Edited November 13, 20214 yr by nobuteru
November 13, 20214 yr Author Hello, This is my first post here, I don't know if this the right place, I just want to know if it is possible to install armbian on an M8S+ tv box, it has a amlogic s812 chip. I already downloaded the image file from : https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/s8xx/ I just want to ask if I have only to follow this guide of there is other things I need to know https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/ I can't upload image here, I already wrote on off topic forum sections with images attached thank you
November 14, 20214 yr @nobuteru Welcome to the Armbian community. I will first direct you to read the TVBox forums FAQ items: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16976-status-of-armbian-on-tv-boxes-please-read-first https://forum.armbian.com/topic/17106-installation-instructions-for-tv-boxes-with-amlogic-cpus Note that the amlogic install FAQ item is for s9xx based cpus, not the s8xx series. I don't own any 8xx based boxes so I have no experience with the installation specifics for them (if the do or do not differ from the s9xx instructions) However there is an entire thread dedicated to the s8xx that likely has the information you need burried in it: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/3023-armbian-for-amlogic-s805-and-s802s812
January 31, 20233 yr Since this link is down does anyone have an image of the latest published for S812?
February 3, 20233 yr Also interested in finding the latest s805/s812 images (they use the same kernel I think). The links above no longer work, the s8xx folder was removed. I could find Armbian 20.05.3 s812 with kernel 5.7.0-rc3 but nothing after that. For the s805 the latest I could find was from 2018 with kernels 3.x and 4.x -- finally enough all 3 of them work but only the 3.x kernels can see/use the internal EMMC storage. But it's great being able to run a 5.x kernel on these s805's I have. I use them as headless systems so the fact idmi output is broken on 4.x and 5.x kernels doesn't matter to me nor does booting from usb or sd. They make great Pihole boxes, especially on 3.x kernels where the hot-lug scheduler is available. This will turns off cores completely when the load is low and enable them when the demand increases. The old s812 thread has many posts but as SteeMan said contains a lot of good information. For future reference in case someone was also searching for them here are the Yandisk links: S805 specific: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/DnCkh3KBvAFES S812 (works on S805 too): https://disk.yandex.ru/d/wc2jqGsHuKy48 Edited February 3, 20233 yr by stut
February 3, 20233 yr 12 minutes ago, stut said: The links above no longer work The developer that provided those builds and that link has pulled it down as he no longer wants his work to be used.
March 18, 20242 yr i've try Armbian_21.11.0-trunk_Aml-s812_focal_current_5.14.0.img with dtb file : meson8b_hd18q meson8b_m200_1G meson8b_m201_1G meson8b_m201C_512M meson8b_m201d meson8b_m203a meson8b_m202_512M meson8b_m203b meson8b_mk808bplus meson8b_mxq meson6-atv1200 meson8b-ec100 meson8b-mxq meson8b-odroidc1 meson8m2-m8s meson8m2-mxiii meson8m2-mxiii-plus meson8m2-wetek-core meson8-minix-neo-x8 meson8-tronsmart-s82 no result good i search dtb file with AP6330 wifi can you help , please thank you
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.