Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Not booting / dead

Featured Replies

The board was up and running when suddenly I could not access the share anymore. I went near it and I was hearing some HDD clicking.

I rebooted it from the console and when it came on, no storage was available. I could see some /dev/sd* but one HDD was missing from it and the lvm was not available anymore. Also all the HDDs where clicking and I was hearing a loud buzzing sound from the board.

I rebooted it again, measured the PSU and even load tested it and it is fine, the same for the moled connectors, it was measuring 12V and 5V, but the truth was, the HDDs this time were not even detected.

Took it all apart and booted it without any HDD connected and surprise, it no longer boots. It's missing now the 5V from the molex.

What is the reference for the small IC responsible for creating the 5V for the HDDs? does it has any impact in the board booting? or was the CPU board killed somehow in the process?

 

I measured the two coils near the CPU module and i see there 5V and 3.3V

 

I tested all the HDDs in a pc bbefore measuring voltages, and all of them are fine.

 

Thank you.

.

 

Similar issue here. 

 

Suddenly no connection, I took all apart.

 

I connected the board to the power with no fan and no HD:

- the Power indicator green led (LED 8) and

- the ethernet port yellow led are blinking,

- with a clicking sound.

All of them at a same time, a little bit more than 1 Hz.

 

No serial connection.

 

Molex has no 12V and 5V is floating between 0 and 2V.

 

I already tried pushing and holding the reset button with power stable and power rising, nothing.

 

Fun thing when I disconnect the power the clicking and blinking will slowly fade away.

 

I think she's gone.

Never mind ... it was the PSU!

 

I took it apart and there was that magic smoke smell ... all the three output capacitors where popped and dried.

I've replaced them and now the Helios4 is booting up again.

 

She's alive!

Exactly the same happened to me a few weeks ago. Replaced the PSU. Also ordered some new capacitors for the old PSU.

  • Author

In my case it's not the PSU... some smd board component references would be nice for troubleshooting.

Can someone tell me which component is the one pointed by the green arrow and measure the voltages in the coils pointed by the red arrows?

 

https://imgur.com/a/RBmaTd8

 

Thank you.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.