Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

pcm5102a playback device not found on Pine64 (A64)

Featured Replies

Hello,

 

I have a Pine64 board and recently added an audio POT with the pcm5102a chipset.

It is rather difficult to get the board working/recognized. I found info on the forum saying one has to do stuff with the overlay system but only for other boards than the Pine64 and I can't get it right.

aplay -l:

root@pine64:~# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sun50ia64audio [sun50i-a64-audio], device 0: 1c22c00.dai-sun8i-codec-aif1 sun8i-codec-aif1-0 [1c22c00.dai-sun8i-codec-aif1 sun8i-codec-aif1-0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: sun50ia64hdmi [sun50i-a64-hdmi], device 0: 1c22800.i2s-i2s-hifi i2s-hifi-0 [1c22800.i2s-i2s-hifi i2s-hifi-0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

 

I have edited the dtc tree and activated i2s@1c22000:

                i2s@1c22000 {
                        #sound-dai-cells = <0x00>;
                        compatible = "allwinner,sun50i-a64-i2s\0allwinner,sun8i-h3-i2s";
                        reg = <0x1c22000 0x400>;
                        interrupts = <0x00 0x0d 0x04>;
                        clocks = <0x02 0x3c 0x02 0x52>;
                        clock-names = "apb\0mod";
                        resets = <0x02 0x27>;
                        dma-names = "rx\0tx";
                        dmas = <0x2f 0x03 0x2f 0x03>;
                        status = "okay";
                        phandle = <0x7c>;
                };

 

And the module shows up with lsmod:

snd_soc_simple_card    24576  0
snd_soc_simple_card_utils    24576  1 snd_soc_simple_card
cpufreq_dt             20480  0
sch_fq_codel           24576  2
snd_soc_pcm5102a       16384  0

 

But now I am stuck. What do I have to do to get this board working?

Thanks in advance for any help.

 

Cheers,

Joost

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.