January 30, 20233 yr I haven't any pcie adaptor to connect an nvme module. I tested the 4 usb ports and only 3 of them works to boot. When my usb key is plugged in the blue port, the system on emmc starts like nothing is plugged into the board. I'm not sure what you want me to try with grub. I ran: sudo update-grub However, my usb keyboard is not working during uefi and grub steps (i tested 2 keyboards), whereas it works well under ubuntu from which I'm writing this post. Let me know if I misunderstood something. In case it is relevant for you, here is the output of armbian-config -u: https://paste.armbian.com/ezamiyexic Edited January 30, 20233 yr by jeanrhum
January 31, 20233 yr Author 10 часов назад, jeanrhum сказал: However, my usb keyboard is not working during uefi and grub steps (i tested 2 keyboards) Is this when starting with eMMC ? Which ports is the keyboard connected to ?
January 31, 20233 yr 21 minutes ago, balbes150 said: Is this when starting with eMMC ? Which ports is the keyboard connected to ? I tested again and from emmc and usb, the behavior is the same. White usb ports don't work before linux kernel is loaded. However, the blue and black one are working with grub and I only tested the white one. I tried to press escape key during uefi screen but it does nothing and when I select UEFI settings in grub menu, it reboots, the UEFI screen appears and it comes back to grub even if I press escape key.
January 31, 20233 yr Author 47 минут назад, jeanrhum сказал: I tried to press escape key during uefi screen but it does nothing and when I select UEFI settings in grub menu, it reboots, the UEFI screen appears and it comes back to grub even if I press escape key. That's how it should be. While there is no startup interrupt mode (I haven't figured out how it works yet), you will be taken to the EFI menu atomically if there are problems with startup.
March 8, 20233 yr Author Version 20230307 with core 6.3-rc1 for Quartz64-A and Quartz64-B and Soquartz Fixed problem with the definition of RAM, now the full amount of RAM 8 GB is correctly determined. Soquartz + Gnome + glmark2-wayland showed more >500 units
March 10, 20233 yr Author Version 20230310 kernel 6.3-rc1. The launch from USB media has been restored. Quartz64-A has two USB 2.0 ports (left, upper and lower). Quartz64-B - the upper USB-2.0 port works.
May 19, 20233 yr Author Ver 20230516-EDK2-EFI-current (6.2.15) and 20230519-EDK2-EFI-edge (6.4-rc2) for Quartz64-A , Quartz64-B , SOQuartz + SOQuartz Model-A Baseboard You can install several variants of the kernel \ systems and choose the right one at startup, as on a regular PC.
June 4, 20233 yr Author Question to the owners of Quartz64. https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=16312&pid=117497#pid117497
June 5, 20233 yr On 6/4/2023 at 9:25 AM, balbes150 said: Question to the owners of Quartz64. I have a pcie-nvme adapter. Tell me which image you want me to test if needed and in which config (link?). Edited June 5, 20233 yr by jeanrhum
June 6, 20233 yr Author 15 часов назад, jeanrhum сказал: have a pcie-nvme adapter. Tell me which image you want me to test if needed and in which config (link?). It is advisable to check this version whether NVMe will work or not (NVMe will be available for mounting and accessing files on it). Tnx. https://disk.yandex.ru/d/pYKoFQ3JgWbC5w
June 7, 20233 yr I'm able to access the files from my nvme drive 👍 Here is the output of armbianmonitor if you want more details: https://paste.armbian.com/ufapucebiv
July 7, 20233 yr @balbes150 Excellent work, as ever. I have just installed Armbian_23.06_Soquartz_sid_current_6.3.11.img onto an SOQUARTZ module on the emmc It seems to be working well. My carrier board is the SOQUARTZ blade: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/SOQuartz ____ _ ____ ___ ___ _ | _ \(_)_ __ ___ / ___| / _ \ / _ \ _ _ __ _ _ __| |_ ____ | |_) | | '_ \ / _ \ \___ \| | | | | | | | | |/ _` | '__| __|_ / | __/| | | | | __/ ___) | |_| | |_| | |_| | (_| | | | |_ / / |_| |_|_| |_|\___| |____/ \___/ \__\_\\__,_|\__,_|_| \__/___| Welcome to Armbian 23.06 Trixie with Linux 6.3.11-media No end-user support: built from trunk System load: 4% Up time: 10 min Memory usage: 3% of 7.51G IP: 192.168.30.233 CPU temp: 53°C Usage of /: 14% of 15G RX today: 105.4 KiB NVME is working: lspci 00:00.0 PCI bridge: Rockchip Electronics Co., Ltd RK3568 Remote Signal Processor (rev 01) 01:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Kingston Technology Company, Inc. Device 500f (rev 03) root@soquartz:~# fdisk -l | grep nvme Disk /dev/nvme0n1: 232.89 GiB, 250059350016 bytes, 488397168 sectors /dev/nvme0n1p1 2048 390717439 390715392 186.3G Linux filesystem The USB2 port on the blade seems to be working too.
July 8, 20233 yr Author 9 часов назад, DigitalDaz сказал: My carrier board is the SOQUARTZ blade: Is this a model ? https://pine64.com/product/soquartz-blade/
July 9, 20233 yr Author 21 час назад, DigitalDaz сказал: Sorry, I don't understand the question, that is the device that you have posted Have you tested on the board using the specified link ?
October 19, 20232 yr Question regarding version 23.8.1: Is it only me or is this version for the quartz64 model A broken? CPU load 500% + , only 2GB RAM detected and board freezes after 30 to 60 sec
October 19, 20232 yr Author 6 часов назад, derkaktus сказал: version 23.8.1 the version you are using is unrelated to this topic.
November 16, 20241 yr If I were to try a SoQuartz blade/Quartz64 these days, where could I find a recent image? I haven't been able to find any in the download page. Or should I use another image that would work for this model? Thanks.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.