Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Efforts to develop firmware for H96 MAX V56 RK3566 4G/32G

Featured Replies

  • Author

  

On 12/7/2024 at 1:14 PM, Hqnicolas said:

I should spend a week to update the google drive on this device

 

Updated Links for this topic with Unofficial images Kernel 6.12.6

server noble https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ulAH8sqdGkkWeAEFSHqTZaWg1N1Yrqnh/view?usp=sharing 
desktop noble https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sVKe_HbmxcSpuls_AAGIOnyaxcYKTkKl/view?usp=sharing
jammy server https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C_P2ojuMdtTgT9aMAjoblPDSVw1tD8Wr/view?usp=sharing
jammy desktop https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pmOXNiedEWzHetJZ4CmASZKZsgAElQag/view?usp=sharing
bookworm server https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NvUwikDr08RdY6oJj3PFtx-N16_QkMtR/view?usp=sharing
bookworm desktop https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VtHnIidMDT8P-wzL_Wwv4v6TUzrgNC2z/view?usp=sharing

How to flash:

Same as V1.1

 

 

Quote

image.thumb.png.ca07ea5fd6799d0a8988018e4f4c73d9.png

 

Quote

Screenshotfrom2024-12-2222-15-30(cpia).thumb.png.09c935dd8930cd396f7d644e5914d70d.png

 

 

 

Edited by Hqnicolas

  • Author
On 1/1/2025 at 8:09 AM, ring1012 said:

4g32g img did not work for me.


Can you share your experience?
I literally downloaded the 32gb image to test and everything went fine, google didn't corrupt the file "yet"

 

  

On 1/1/2025 at 8:09 AM, ring1012 said:

But I tried to install retroarch in armbian, and load the cores from https://github.com/christianhaitian/retroarch-cores, it works for me.


You're talking about this kernel 6.6 images?

 

the image contains many built-in features, such as kodi and internet game archive with retroarch android emulator and Windows emulator

 

Quote

32gb_test_gdrive_2025-01-02at20_33_45.thumb.jpeg.70139861e7c76eafe1ed560ab3492a43.jpeg

 

Edited by Hqnicolas

Hello, fellow H96 musers.

I've just acquired a 4G/32G H96 Max V56, and tried to flash an image that works on an earlier 8G/64G H96 Max V56, using the appropriate 4G booloader rather than the one I used for the 8G.

The HAOS image boots fine, but everything about the Ethernet and WiFi must be wrong, as I have no networking hardware configured.

I'm curious to know if there are differences between the 4G/32G board and the 8G/64G, other than eMMC size, that might account for the above outcome?

Tthe only other thing I can think of, is that the 4G/32G board I recently acquired has different WiFi/Bluetooth and Ethernet chips fitted, and the drivers from my 8G/64G build aren't suited?

8G/64G H96 Max V56

PCB: LP6E27116A0

Wifi/BT: HC16335, S3144335

Ethernet: Realtek, RTL8211

 

4G/32G H96 Max V56

PCB: LS6E28533A0

Wifi/BT: SKI.WB800D80S.1_D40, 2023AP20230(M)

Ethernet: Maxio, MAE0621A-02C

Thoughts, or driver suggestions, anyone?

GBEM 👽

p.s. If anyone has the stock rom for this box I'd be entirely grateful. Through absent mindedness, I foolishly didn't preserve mine.

Edited by GBEM

See my recent posts in the 64gb thread.  You'll need to build an image with MAE0621A-02C support.

 

The same thread will also give you some hints for to make the WiFi work with aic8800.

Edited by WINEDS

Thanks, @WINEDS.

I see you guy's are all over it, have at least the Ethernet sorted, and hints on the path to WiFi.

I found an AllWinner CPU board from Radxa, that uses the same network peripherals as the newer H96 Max V56. 

The Radxa Cubie A5E is reported to feature WiFi6 and Bluetooth 5.4(?) using it's BLink BL-M8800DS2, which would be a step-up for me.

https://docs.radxa.com/en/cubie/a5e/other-system/tina-os/build-system   <- bsp, etc.


Wish me luck.

GBEM 👽

Edited by GBEM

The WiFi is easy.  Just :

 

wget https://github.com/radxa-pkg/aic8800/releases/download/4.0%2Bgit20250410.b99ca8b6-3/aic8800-firmware_4.0+git20250410.b99ca8b6-3_all.deb

 

wget https://github.com/radxa-pkg/aic8800/releases/download/4.0%2Bgit20250410.b99ca8b6-3/aic8800-sdio-dkms_4.0+git20250410.b99ca8b6-3_all.deb

 

dpkg -i aic8800-firmware_4.0+git20250410.b99ca8b6-3_all.deb

 

dpkg -i aic8800-sdio-dkms_4.0+git20250410.b99ca8b6-3_all.deb

 

You will need the Linux kernel headers installed though.

Edited by WINEDS

Thanks, @WINEDS, for the extra WiFi links and info.  The sources for these will have everything I'll need.

@WINEDS, you have made a series of changes to the DTS in my_rk3566-h96-tvbox3.dts, that adapt the build for the Maxio MAE0621A Ethernet and AIC AIC8800D80 WiFi and Bluetooth modules. I'll need to adapt these changes, to a quite different Home Assistant OS DTS file that worked with the earlier hardware.


The my_rk3566-h96-tvbox3.dts file is large. I'm concerned that I'll miss something that's been added, conceivably with catastrophic result. 

There isn't a diff of your DTS file, that lists changes to support the 2025 Ethernet, WiFi and Bluetooth integration, is there?

If not, are there any gotchas I should be looking for?

GBEM 👽

Edited by GBEM

To get the ethernet working you have no option but to build an image with kernel support for mae621.  See these posts :

 

 

 

Hello everyone,

I have a Lemfo H96 Max V56 (8GB RAM / 64GB eMMC). Board PCB Version: HCY RK3566 - 1X32 - V13 - 2021-03-27

I am relatively new to the Linux world. So far, the only image I have managed to flash and boot successfully is an old Linaro Debian 10 (vendor image from 2019). However, this version lacks hardware acceleration (it runs on llvmpipe), which makes it unusable for my specific needs.

My Goal: I want to run a modern Linux with a Desktop environment to use PortMaster and RetroArch. For this, I critically need a system with working Panfrost/Mali GPU drivers.

The Problem: I have read through this thread, but I am finding it quite confusing to pinpoint exactly where to start given the various methods (Legacy vs Mainline/Chainloader). Also, it seems some file links are dead or pointing to empty repositories.

Request: Could someone please guide me to the correct/updated files for my specific 8GB board?

The correct MiniLoader/SPL (.bin) for RKDevTool.

A working Desktop Image (.img) (Armbian Bookworm or Ubuntu) that supports GPU acceleration.

I am already comfortable using RKDevTool and putting the device into Maskrom mode, so I just need the correct file set to avoid bricking the device.

Thanks in advance for any help!


Hi! I've been using this Armbian image on my H96 RK3566 for small projects. Thanks a lot for releasing it! Right now, I need to use the NPU for a small AI project. I know it's possible to activate it, but it doesn't look easy.

I've read that there is NPU support on legacy kernels (v5.10/v5.15), but I haven't been able to find that specific version for the H96 RK3566.

My question is: how difficult would it be to add or backport this NPU module to the current mainline kernel version?

 

On 5/28/2026 at 3:48 PM, williamfj said:

I've read that there is NPU support on legacy kernels

The first iteration of mainline kernel driver support has just been posted.

So a kernel build with this patch set applied should give a playground for initial experiments.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.