Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WINEDS

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WINEDS

  1. OK I've never done that before. Might need some help with that. I'll do some research thanks.
  2. @c0rnelius I have noticed the SWT6621S wifi module SPAMS dmesg extensively. I tried to suppress this by using conf files in /etc/modprobe.d without success. Changing /debian-image-builder/patches/wireless/vs6621s/vs6621s/swt6621s_wifi/Kconfig line 109 to default SWT6621S_LOG_ERROR suppresses most of the messages after initial boot. DUMP messages are still periodically appear in dmesg though. Commenting out line 347 in /debian-image-builder/patches/wireless/vs6621s/vs6621s/swt6621s_wifi/skw_core.c silences them but this is an ugly hack?
  3. @c0rnelius great work with the build system. Its up and running now. Like @falcon33I have V2.2. Only bluetooth is not working so far. I'll study his post from August 13. Edit BT working now using the sv6160lite.nvbin firmware @falcon33 linked to. Thanks!
  4. OK out of tree but would the radxa aic8800 drivers fix the WiFi? Apparently they work with kernel 7 though I haven't verified this. https://github.com/radxa-pkg/aic8800
  5. I've ordered one of these to play around with. It will likely be v2.2 I guess. So if I understand correctly armbian images from here won't work (?) : https://armbian.com/boards/kickpik2b due to uboot being incompatible with RAM and/or DTS wrong for v2.2 hardware? So I will have to build a debian image as per @falcon33 post above?
  6. Last photo just to the right of the rk3528 at 3 o'clock are the most likely (the two round gold pins). With power off check with a multi meter if one of them is connected to ground. Then with power applied use an oscilloscope to check if the other one has a clock signal on it. If it has these are probably the maskrom pins. Credit to @Hqnicolas
  7. To get the ethernet working you have no option but to build an image with kernel support for mae621. See these posts :
  8. The WiFi is easy. Just : wget https://github.com/radxa-pkg/aic8800/releases/download/4.0%2Bgit20250410.b99ca8b6-3/aic8800-firmware_4.0+git20250410.b99ca8b6-3_all.deb wget https://github.com/radxa-pkg/aic8800/releases/download/4.0%2Bgit20250410.b99ca8b6-3/aic8800-sdio-dkms_4.0+git20250410.b99ca8b6-3_all.deb dpkg -i aic8800-firmware_4.0+git20250410.b99ca8b6-3_all.deb dpkg -i aic8800-sdio-dkms_4.0+git20250410.b99ca8b6-3_all.deb You will need the Linux kernel headers installed though.
  9. See my recent posts in the 64gb thread. You'll need to build an image with MAE0621A-02C support. The same thread will also give you some hints for to make the WiFi work with aic8800.
  10. As the wifi device is the same please see my last post in this thread : Viz : Also to fix BT : sudo crontab -e then add the line : @reboot sudo hciattach -s 1500000 /dev/ttyS1 any 1500000 flow nosleep It could also be your dtb though. You could decompile my dtb from this thread and use the Bluetooth related section.
  11. Scroll back and read all my posts from April 11 onwards (page 17). On Radxa's github there are Wifi/BT drivers for AIC8800. They are at version 4 now : https://github.com/radxa-pkg/aic8800/releases/tag/4.0%2Bgit20250410.b99ca8b6-3 Also to fix BT : sudo crontab -e then add the line : @reboot sudo hciattach -s 1500000 /dev/ttyS1 any 1500000 flow nosleep then reboot the H96.
  12. @Hqnicolas thanks for your presentation. I found I made an error : mkdir -p ./build/userpatches/kernel/archive/rockchip64-6.12 should be : mkdir -p ./userpatches/kernel/archive/rockchip64-6.12 as the current directory is build at that point. For wsl installation @NicoD made a great video here :
  13. @王类 here are instructions to build an armbian image with maxio kernel module. It applies to current LTS kernel version 6.12.58. Its mostly cut and paste and uses windows so I hope you can try this! @maka I'll keep working on your suggestions. Many thanks! my_board_df.dtb maxio_install.pdf
  14. ok same error. The maxio module works with this snippet though : mdio { compatible = "snps,dwmac-mdio"; #address-cells = <0x01>; #size-cells = <0x00>; phandle = <0xee>; ethernet-phy@0 { compatible = "ethernet-phy-id7b74.4411", "ethernet-phy-ieee802.3-c22" reg = <0x00>; status = "okay"; phandle = <0x51>; }; };
  15. OK do you mean boot with ethernet working using the maxio module then change DTB and reboot?
  16. @makaOK I corrected my error and tried your suggestion but i get in dmesg : [ 47.378829] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet end0: Register MEM_TYPE_PAGE_POOL RxQ-0 [ 47.380072] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet end0: __stmmac_open: Cannot attach to PHY (error: -19)
  17. @maka Thanks for this suggestion. I'll look further into this. The reason I made that change was because you suggested it here : It works well to auto load the maxio module on startup without resorting to manual modprobe commands. Is it really possible to use a generic driver for this maxio NIC chip?
  18. OK you have a Maxio MAE0621 ethernet chip. @Hqnicolas do you have any suggestions about the best way forward for this? Can I fork armbian github and then try to create a PR to support MAE0621 (I haven't done this before)? Or try to make a dpkg for Maxio ethernet module install (difficult I think)? Or just persist with building a custom armbian image (not sure the patch still works with current LTS kernel)? Edit : The last patch I posted fails on 6.12.58 (drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c has changed) I'll try to fix it and post an updated patch. Edit : Build works with new patch file. Tested build on a SD card and Ethernet works. I'll try to put together some documenation on how to build over the next few days. my_v2_patch.patch
  19. Please open the case and post images of your board so we can see what Ethernet chip you have.
  20. In this case ethernet chip is realtek so it should be supported by armbian kernel? So problem is to find or make a modern DTS for this board?
  21. Others may chime in but I really think you are going to need to get access to a suitable computer and compile armbian with kernel patches from here : https://github.com/CoreELEC/linux-amlogic/pull/13 You will need a PC running Ubuntu 22.04 or emulated using something like VirtualBox. @GBEM made a good guide here : https://green.bug-eyed.monster/armbian-on-the-h96-max-v56-android-tv-box/
  22. I got SPDIF working. Just change the DTS node status to "okay". viz : spdif@fe460000 { compatible = "rockchip,rk3568-spdif"; reg = <0x00 0xfe460000 0x00 0x1000>; interrupts = <0x00 0x66 0x04>; clock-names = "mclk\0hclk"; clocks = <0x0f 0x5f 0x0f 0x5c>; dmas = <0x6f 0x01>; dma-names = "tx"; pinctrl-names = "default"; pinctrl-0 = <0x7e>; #sound-dai-cells = <0x00>; status = "okay"; phandle = <0xc4>; }; Edit : @Andre B The compatible = part was only to make the driver module load automatically. The driver module itself had to be first compiled into the kernel using source code from the chip vendor. I suggest you try my DTB (it might be close to what you need) and then post your dmesg as a file (sudo dmesg > dmesg.txt). my_rk3566-h96-tvbox3.dts my_rk3566-h96-tvbox3.dtb
  23. Bluetooth is fixed with AIC8800 wifi module. Credit to @pocosparc Changed DTS Bluetooth node as per at least change suggestion. @pocosparc did you confirm optical SPDIF as working? My port is not illuminated.
  24. Many thanks Maka! Works like a charm. maxio loads automatically now. No need for modprobe Server listening on 5201 (test #2) ----------------------------------------------------------- Accepted connection from 192.168.0.25, port 45188 [ 5] local 192.168.0.26 port 5201 connected to 192.168.0.25 port 45192 [ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate [ 5] 0.00-1.00 sec 111 MBytes 929 Mbits/sec [ 5] 1.00-2.00 sec 112 MBytes 942 Mbits/sec [ 5] 2.00-3.00 sec 112 MBytes 942 Mbits/sec [ 5] 3.00-4.00 sec 112 MBytes 941 Mbits/sec [ 5] 4.00-5.00 sec 112 MBytes 942 Mbits/sec [ 5] 5.00-6.00 sec 112 MBytes 941 Mbits/sec [ 5] 6.00-7.00 sec 112 MBytes 942 Mbits/sec [ 5] 7.00-8.00 sec 112 MBytes 942 Mbits/sec [ 5] 8.00-9.00 sec 112 MBytes 942 Mbits/sec [ 5] 9.00-10.00 sec 112 MBytes 942 Mbits/sec [ 5] 10.00-10.01 sec 1.50 MBytes 913 Mbits/sec - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate [ 5] 0.00-10.01 sec 1.10 GBytes 940 Mbits/sec receiver ----------------------------------------------------------- Tail of lsmod : maxio 12288 1 dwmac_rk 28672 0 stmmac_platform 20480 1 dwmac_rk stmmac 241664 3 stmmac_platform,dwmac_rk pcs_xpcs 24576 1 stmmac rk817_charger 20480 0 rtc_rk808 16384 1 rockchipdrm 180224 8 dw_hdmi_qp 20480 1 rockchipdrm dw_hdmi 45056 2 dw_hdmi_i2s_audio,rockchipdrm cec 45056 2 dw_hdmi_cec,dw_hdmi dw_mipi_dsi 16384 1 rockchipdrm analogix_dp 40960 1 rockchipdrm drm_display_helper 131072 4 rockchipdrm,dw_hdmi,analogix_dp,dw_hdmi_qp hid_logitech_hidpp 49152 0 hid_logitech_dj 32768 0
  25. In case someone else needs MAX0621 support here are the original files sent to me from Maxio Tech and my modified patch file (my_v1_patch.patch) for kernel 6.12.24 Then : sudo modprobe -r dwmac_rk sudo modprobe -a maxio sudo modprobe -a dwmac_rk I made a startup script to do that but there must be a better way? maxio also needs to be selected (M) in kernel config phase of build script (Device Drivers -> Network Device Support -> PHY Deice Support and Infrastructure) Release Note.txt v1_patch.patch maxio.c README my_v1_patch.patch

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.