Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Community Support for Amlogic TV Boxes

Featured Replies

Armbian now has a community supported build target for amlogic TV Boxes (aml-s9xx-box).  You can now build your own builds directly with the Armbian build system.

 

This is now an opportunity for members of the community to move the support for amlogic TV boxes forward within the Armbian framework.  If you are not familiar with the Armbian build system check out the Armbian developer documentation.  If you have idea on how you would like to see things evolve/change please use this forum to share your thoughts and ideas and submit PRs for any code changes you would like to see.

 

I am currently testing this code against the four different amlogic based boxes I own, but would appreciate others testing as well.  Once I have completed my testing, I will be updating the FAQ amlogic install instructions with this information.

  • SteeMan pinned this topic

Hi,

I have successfully install armbian on a x96mini.
I just have to follow the instruction here and upgrade the dtb to install it on emmc.
Can it be possible to integrate this dtb in linux-dtb-edge-meson64 package as a new dtb, please?

Edited by lgranie

  • Author

Since this should be a community, and I don't have access to a box that has your issue (both of my m96mini's work with the default dtb).  I would encourage you to put together a PR in github for this change and contribute to the community.  However instead of modifiying the existing dtb, I would recommend your patch create a new dtb for your box.  It would also be helpful if you took pictures of the motherboard to see what chips you do have to be compared to what I have to see the differences.  This could also be accomplished through a dtb overlay as well, but I'm not sure how that would work with the extlinux.conf file as standard armbian support for overlays uses the armbianenv.txt file.

我来自中国广东,我有一些TX3-MINI以及V88的电视盒子,目前有几台运行armbian,他们分别是amlogic s905w以及rockchip3229的CPU,有一个小的缺点那就是旧的系统过几年就会没有apt源,还有WIFI好像不能使用。非常感谢你们的辛勤付出,期待越来越好。

I come from Guangdong, China. I have some TX3-MINI and V88 TV boxes. Currently, I have several running armbian. They are amlogic s905w and rockchip3229 CPUs. There is a small disadvantage that the old system will not have apt source in a few years, and WIFI seems to be unavailable. Thank you very much for your hard work and look forward to getting better and better.

Hi. In the generated community images, would it be possible to set the boot partition type to FAT16 (0x06)? Otherwise, it can't be mounted on Windows.

Hello, my device appears to have a Magbox Grand dual tuner. Do you have a suitable software for my device? The chip set is Amlogic, it works with Android 4, can we find the original software?

magbox.jpeg

Hi everyone,

Please, someone knows to inform if this thread is open yet? I am resuming to Armbian after almost 4 years. 
I have a TV BOX model T95Z Plus (RUPA Diamond S912) running for a long time ... but with a kernel 5.9.
Yesterday, I  follow the steps described
in :


I upgraded  all the packages to Brookworm, but no the kernel.
# apt dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
AND
# cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 25.5.2 bookworm"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="12"
VERSION="12 (bookworm)"
VERSION_CODENAME=bookworm
ID=debian
HOME_URL="https://www.armbian.com"
SUPPORT_URL="https://forum.armbian.com"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://www.armbian.com/bugs"
ARMBIAN_PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 25.5.2 bookworm"
BUT the problem is here:

echo "$(grep PRETTY_NAME /etc/os-release | cut -d= -f2-) | Kernel: $(uname -r)"
"Armbian 25.5.2 bookworm"
"Armbian 25.5.2 bookworm" | Kernel: 5.9.0-arm-64


So, I am afraid about how to choose the right kernel once that they are not supported anymore by @balbes150

To get a kernel from here  https://www.armbian.com/amlogic-s9xx-tv-box/ (Debian with XFCE) should be a safe step?
How can I test it safely?
With 
# aptitude search "linux-image" 
we have a lot of kernels for arm-64 .... but which them will work?

In true, I am not sure by the right place to put my doubts ...

Someone could give me some guidance? Maybe to open a new thread of this help?

Thanks in advance.


Claudio
 

Edited by ccs1664

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.