November 27, 20223 yr https://gist.github.com/voltagex/1dae7c0bf153c76a49bea407f932be69 if anyone's interested.
March 1, 20242 yr I made some progress with booting Armbian from USB on my Mochabin. I've been teaching myself U-boot cli. I downloaded Armbian_community_24.5.0-trunk.93_Espressobin_jammy_current_5.15.149.img.xz and used dd to write it to a USB stick. Marvell>> usb start starting USB... USB0: Register 2000120 NbrPorts 2 Starting the controller USB XHCI 1.00 USB1: Register 2000120 NbrPorts 2 Starting the controller USB XHCI 1.00 scanning bus 0 for devices... 4 USB Device(s) found scanning bus 1 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found scanning usb for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found Marvell>> usb dev IDE device 0: Vendor: Rev: PMAP Prod: USB DISK 3.0 Type: Removable Hard Disk Capacity: 29604.0 MB = 28.9 GB (60628992 x 512) Marvell>> usb part Partition Map for USB device 0 -- Partition Type: DOS Part Start Sector Num Sectors UUID Type 1 8192 4644864 1806f7be-01 83 Then to boot from the USB I use: setenv bootargs 'console=ttyS0,115200' 'earlycon=uart8250,mmio32,0xf0512000' 'root=/dev/sdb1' 'rootfstype=ext2' rootwait setenv bootcmd 'true; usb start; ext2load usb 0:1 $kernel_addr_r $image_name; ext2load usb 0:1 $fdt_addr_r boot/dtb/marvell/armada-7040-db.dtb; booti $kernel_addr_r - $fdt_addr_r' boot The image boots but the kernel reports that it is waiting for /dev/sdb1 What should: root= be set to, please? Thanks, Butch xx
March 1, 20242 yr I put all the console output in this gist: https://gist.github.com/kennethstailey/7087c6105d5f2d3b5e1726e07e0a34c8
March 1, 20242 yr In general I would expect the root parameter to look like: root=UUID=997635c3-00f2-4eca-aa3d-1bf187651ea3 or root=LABEL=armbi_root (obviously with the correct LABEL or UUID for your root partition)
March 2, 20242 yr I put all the console output in this gist: https://gist.github.com/kennethstailey/7087c6105d5f2d3b5e1726e07e0a34c8
March 2, 20242 yr Why did you repost the log? Have you changed your root= parameter as was suggested?
March 2, 20242 yr Yes, I said that I used a number of different root= I reposted what I think is the most important part of the log.
March 2, 20242 yr My next step is to get Kevin's and Lynix's kernel config files off of Github and compare it to what's in the build system.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.