Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

orange pi Zero 2 Power on But not Booting

Featured Replies

Unfortunately, the Orange pi zero 2 does not start with the Armbian img, it does turn on, but there is only a white line in the top left and it does not boot any further. I once downloaded the original ubuntu image from the manufacturer, this works without problems but is just outdated. Can you take a look at it? Actually wanted to install the pi hole project with Armbian

 

Image:

Armbian 22.11 Jammy
Kernel 4.9.y, Size: 445Mb, Release date: Jan 10, 2023
SHA hash | PGP signature

Edited by Trimx

Hey, I would suggest, that you should try the image with the newer kernel. You found it in the "Other supported variants" section. I installed the "Jammy CLI, Kernel 6.1.y" yesterday and on top pi-hole. And it works fine. So exactly what you want to achieve: armbian and pi-hole on the Orange pi zero 2.
Another aspect is that pi-hole dropped the support for Ubuntu 18.04 (with it's older kernel) anyway https://pi-hole.net/blog/2022/09/03/psa-dropping-support-for-ubuntu-18-04/

Also, make sure that when you power the board, after a second or two, the red LED must turn on. If this doesn't turn on, remove power and try again until the red LED turns on.

After having troubles with an update I switched back to the manufacturer's build for Ubuntu Server. Yes, outdated but with newer kernel than the "stable" armbian release. 

 

But I saw also that I didn't answer exactly on the first message and noticed the remarks on the armbian page for the opiz2 that newer "supported versions" doesn't include HDMI. That I haven't tested because I connected via terminal and this worked. Until my recent update try. 

 

I will gladly return to an armbian linux if this distribution has an actual maintainer and not only automated builds. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.