Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did anyone manage to have cec-client or cec-ctl working on an H6 box (TX6, T95 mini ...)

Featured Replies

I would like to control the TV via my box (T95 mini - powered by an H6) runing on Armbian. I installed both cec-utils (for cec-client) and v4l-utils (for cec-ctl) but neither seem to work.

Did anyone manage to use the CEC protocol on an H6 box ?

  • Author

Hi @SteeMan, thanks. Actually I know TV boxes are not supported, even less the Allwinner based ones. But I know that many of the Armbian community play with those boxes.

So my question was rather a message in bottle in the sea hoping someone else tried the same with more success that I currently have with cec 😉

CEC on H6 works just fine, as I used it many times, although not with Armbian. I can think of following reasons why CEC doesn't work:

1. make sure it's enabled in TV settings. I had to enable it on LG TV and old plasma TV. BEWARE: Setting is usually hidden under commercial name like simplink, easylink, etc.

2. make sure your libcec is new enough, at least 4.0.5

3. make sure driver is loaded (check for /dev/cec0)

4. it could be cable issue, although that's unlikely

  • Author

Hi @deltasig68 yes. Actually the issue was due to some kernel flags not set when the OS image was generated. I managed to have it working by recompiling the OS (following the Quadra / Inovato procedure by @MBB: https://forum.inovato.com/post/building-armbian-from-source-12449428?pid=1334457271) and once the few build issues fixed, I recompiled changing the following kernel flags (taken from a libreelec forum) :

 

CONFIG_CEC_CORE=y
CONFIG_CEC_NOTIFIER=y
CONFIG_CEC_PIN=y
CONFIG_MEDIA_CEC_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_USB_PULSE8_CEC=m
CONFIG_USB_RAINSHADOW_CEC=m

 

Then you can use the cec protocol with cec-ctl (apt-get install v4l-utils). I haven't completed my tests but it seems to work fine. Please notice that the above is valid on a T95 / Quadra box (H6 based). And double check that your HDMI cable support the protocol (not all do).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.