Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can not turn display off

Featured Replies

I just in installed Ubuntu 22.04 and planning to use the board as photo frame on cron job (script) during certain hours of the day.

This is how I did on my raspberry pi(, that fried recently after about 7 years of service)!

 

However, I can not turn off display.

Commands I used on RPI do not work. Tried all kinds of various methods to turn off display

- xset

- vcgencmd

- xscreensaver

- tvservice

- All of the above as my <username> as well as "sudo"

 

All of them either don't do anything or blanks the screen but does not turn it off.

For some of the above commands it complains regarding

- VCHI initialization failed

I tried various things including sudo as well as adding my username to the video group, etc.

Nothing works.

 

Any help is greatly appreciated before I decide to return the board.

 

Thank you.

 

Edited by LePotato
Forgot to add sudo point.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.