Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Armbian CLI will not on 1Gig Radxa Zero

Featured Replies

Yakov,

 

Why do you list Armbian 23.5 Jammy as a supported load on https://www.armbian.com/radxa-zero/

 

Armbian 23.5 Jammy works on the 2G version of the Radxa Zero board.

Armbian 23.5 Jammy does NOT work on 1G version of Radxa Zero. (and presume the .5G version)

  - Boot failure loop after identifying boot device on 1G version of Radxa Zero.

 

Has this been fixed? In which version? Where do we find it?

 

 

Armbian_22.08.0-trunk_Radxa-zero_bullseye_current_5.10.134_minimal.img.xz works on 1G version of Radxa Zero.

   - https://github.com/radxa-build/radxa-zero/releases/tag/20220801-0213

 

On 6/15/2023 at 9:01 PM, Inblack said:

Has this been fixed?

 

It was fixed right away by adding a text "1GB version is not supported" as there are no plans to fix this anytime soon. Why? You don't need our help.

 

On 6/15/2023 at 9:01 PM, Inblack said:

In which version?

On 6/15/2023 at 9:01 PM, Inblack said:

Where do we find it?

 

If not here https://docs.armbian.com/Release_Changelog/ or https://www.google.com/ then https://calendly.com/armbian/consultation

 

Why proprietary kernel images works?

https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_FAQ/#why-does-hardware-feature-xy-work-in-old-kernel-but-not-in-more-recent-one

 

Here you can add your share for R&D and for the damages your questions generate.

Hi everyone, 

 

I think I found a "solution" for Radxa Zero 1GB, at least for Debian Bookworm.

 

I used armbian 22.08.1 Bullseye (Armbian_22.08.1_Radxa-zero_bullseye_current_5.10.139.img.xz) and apt upgraded everything to the latest (kernel == 6.1.11)

I guess armbian 23.02.1 Bullseye (Armbian_23.02.1_Radxa-zero_bullseye_current_6.1.14.img.xz) should work too?

 

Anyway, and then I flashed armbian 23.05.1 Bookworm (Armbian_23.5.1_Radxa-zero_bookworm_current_6.1.30.img.xz) (kernel == 6.1.30).

I copied the /boot folder with everything == 6.1.11 as well as /lib/modules/6.1.11*  to the SD card (need to match the partition UUID in armbianEnv.txt with the new partition)

mount /dev/sdb1 MNTPOINT
cp -r 6.1.11-meson64/ MNTPOINT/lib/modules
rm -r MNTPOINT/boot
cp -r boot/ MNTPOINT
cp boot_6.1.30/armbianEnv.txt MNTPOINT/boot
cd MNTPOINT
rm initrd.img.old
ln -s boot/initrd.img-6.1.11-meson64 initrd.img.old
rm initrd.img
ln -s boot/initrd.img-6.1.11-meson64 initrd.img
rm vmlinuz.old
ln -s boot/vmlinuz-6.1.11-meson64 vmlinuz.old
rm vmlinuz
ln -s boot/vmlinuz-6.1.11-meson64 vmlinuz
umount MNTPOINT

 

It successfully booted into the system. I tried a lot of stuff, but looks like removing both plymouth and fuse3 works.

sudo apt remove plymouth fuse3 && sudo apt autoremove

I am not sure where plymouth is used, but fuse3 only used by ntfs3g which I don't use at all.

 

after everything, copy everything back and run 

sudo update-initramfs -c -v -k 6.1.30-meson64

This should update the initramfs. After reboot there will no longer be bootloops.

 

Essentially I believe the problem is in initramfs but I am not sure why. 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.