Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Radxa Zero

  1. See https://github.com/canonical/netplan/pull/456#discussion_r1569065581 The way the netplan + networkd integration is designed requires all the network devices (wlan0 in particular) to exist at /sbin/init time - otherwise, the netplan generator disables `systemd-networkd-wait-online.service` which also causes `network-online.target` to be reached early. In particular, this breaks any network FS mounts on boot. Of note, I tried logging in to file the bug via the dev contribution platform, but it looks I'm blocked from JIRA access, so am filing it here instead.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.9k views
  2. I am running the Ubuntu Noble 24.04 XFCE image on a Radxa Zero SBC (first generation device). Trying to play a video with parole (gstreamer video player) produces the error message "GStreamer Backend Error: Could not read from resource. " Increasing the gstreamer debug level produces the following additional information: 0:00:00.329008719 131342 0xaaab079354e0 WARN GST_ELEMENT_FACTORY gstelementfactory.c:765:gst_element_factory_make_valist: no such element factory "autoimagesink"! 0:00:05.702394971 131342 0xffff7c0013d0 ERROR v4l2bufferpool gstv4l2bufferpool.c:716:gst_v4l2_buffer_pool_streamon:<v4l2h264dec0:pool0:sink> …

  3. Hi, I have problems from booting emmc of my 4/64GB radxa zero. I want to make fresh install and cleaned emmc completely. By following radxa guide, I flashed latest Armbian_24.8.1_Radxa-zero_noble_current_6.6.47.img.xz image from official site. But booting failing. I attached serial monitor and saved output. Boot process stops at line 215 and If I give "boot" command, It starts booting from emmc with same warnings. I'm attaching full log. By the way, I tried updating bootloader by using armbian-config utility but nothing changed. radxa_zero_serial.log

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.3k views
  4. Hey all, I'm unable to boot Armbian from the SD card of my Radxa Zero 1 GB. When I download one of the official Armbian Radxa Zero images I always get the message "ALERT! UUID=eba52b2e-b77a-47b9-9619-ebda85946883 does not exists. Dropping to a shell!" Previously I ask the Radxa community on Discord, were I received the suggestion that the CMA memory maybe was configured too high. I tried to make an image from master (4b21499534, after https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/4151 was merged) but that didn't help. When I run `dmesg` I get the following repeating error "mmc1: error -84 whilst initialising SD card" When I run `blkid` I do not get any output B…

  5. Hi, I installed armbian_23.8.1_Radxa-zero_bookworm-current_6.1.50 on Radxa Pi Zero eMMC and I have an USB SSD drive connected as storage. Everything worked fine using it as a NAS but if I reboot there is an endless loop of reboots with the core message "scanning bus usb0ff5000000 for devices... Synchronous Abort handler, err 0x56000010". If I disconnect the USB drive it boots fine and when reconnect it after the boot process, the drive works fine. But I really need a system that is able to boot without temporarely disconnecting USB. I tried different combinations of USB with two different hubs or without hub. There are no boot flags on the partitions. I completely de…

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 7.7k views
  6. Hello there, I'm trying to get an i2c ssd1306 screen to work with my Radxa Zero, without much luck for the time being. https://paste.armbian.com/cirulemeho I found two i2c devices, 3 and 5. sudo i2cdetect -y -r 3 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 20: -- -- UU -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 70: -- -- -- -- -- -- …

  7. I have a Logitech C920 webcam I am trying to use on my Radxa Zero. I'm running Armbian 23.11.1 Bookworm 6.1.63 64-bit. When I run v4l2-ctl -i /dev/video1 --list-formats to query the webcam, it errors out. VIDIOC_S_INPUT: failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT Type: Video Capture Multiplanar [0]: 'NM12' (Y/UV 4:2:0 (N-C)) It seems anything relying on v4l2 is also failing to work. Anyone have ideas of what the issue may be? Thanks! ---------------------- FYI...If I use this webcam on a RaspberryPi 4 running Bookworm, it produces the following output a…

  8. Yakov, Why do you list Armbian 23.5 Jammy as a supported load on https://www.armbian.com/radxa-zero/ Armbian 23.5 Jammy works on the 2G version of the Radxa Zero board. Armbian 23.5 Jammy does NOT work on 1G version of Radxa Zero. (and presume the .5G version) - Boot failure loop after identifying boot device on 1G version of Radxa Zero. Has this been fixed? In which version? Where do we find it? Armbian_22.08.0-trunk_Radxa-zero_bullseye_current_5.10.134_minimal.img.xz works on 1G version of Radxa Zero. - https://github.com/radxa-build/radxa-zero/releases/tag/20220801-0213

  9. Hi, Like the title says the UART overlays are not working on the armbian radxa zero device if I use the official out-of-the-box image. Using the armbian-config I can enable UART A and B but these changes do not reflect in the /dev/tty devices (using other distros is can see /dev/ttyAML0, /dev/ttyAML1 and /dev/ttyAML4). Unless the devices are called something else i confirm that the overlays are not working. That being said I want to recompile a armbian image with the correct overlays but I am a complete noob. Here is my plan : i successfully compiled a minimal cli armbian image for the radxa zero without any…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.9k views
  10. If I connected the serial port with my device through GPIO pin 8 and 10 (UART_AO_A_TXD, UART_AO_A_RXD), the Radxa Zero with " Armbian 23.02.2 Jammy" failed to boot. If I removed my device from the serial port, zero can boot. After booting, I connected my device to the UART port, it worked well through /dev/ttyAML0. Any suggestions? Many thanks!

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.6k views
  11. I am trying to use radxa-zero with HDMI CEC support on Armbian debian. I tried all different Armbian debian versions, lsmod never give me module cec So I took a look at images provided by radxa (https://github.com/radxa-build/radxa-zero/releases/tag/20220801-0213, not armbian ones), cec is loaded by default I think this is the key: /lib/modules/SOME_KERNEL/kernel/drivers/media/cec/core/cec.ko This is in their image but not /lib/modules/6.1.11-meson64 folder (I guess also not in other kernel versions) If that's the case, CEC should not work on any meson64 devices. I saw CONFIG_CEC_CORE=y is in config. btw, another p…

  12. I'm having trouble enabling UART_B on my Radxa Zero Ver 1.51 board using "Armbian 23.02.2 Jammy" The idea is to connect a GPS, I had already done this with a Raspberry Pi Zero and it worked fine but I need more CPU capacity and that's why I switched to this board. Has anyone had experiences to enable these serial ports? Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.9k views
  13. So far I've tried several images, just wanted to update what has and hasn't worked. I know the rz isn't officially supported but I thought I'd give my feedback and maybe it will help someone. All images were written to emmc after first using the radxa-zero-erase-emmc.bin tool to erase and mount emmc as USB storage. Armbian_22.05.0-trunk_Radxa-zero_bullseye_current_5.10.113_minimal - doesn't boot radxa-zero-ubuntu-focal-server-arm64-20220501-0334-mbr - boots but just goes straight into login screen, no option to change password. root and 1234 do not work. Also no armbian_first_run.txt.template included in the image Armbian_22.02.3_Radxa-zero_jammy_edg…

  14. I need a UART in my work. Added uartC overlay via armbian-config (UART_EE_C - /dev/ttyAML4) However, after booting, the device /dev/ttyAML4 does not appear. The download log contains the following information: Using the kernel-provided DT meson-uartC.dtbo overlay fdt_overlay_apply() error: FDT_ERR_BADMAGIC base fdt has no node /__symbols__ make sure you compile with -@ Error applying DT overlays, restoring original DT I would be grateful for any help!

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.3k views
  15. Hi everyone, I'm using Radxa Zero HW version 1.4, 4GB RAM with 64GB eMMC. I used long time armbian on SD card. I decided to install MMC for better performance but armbian crashes APT involving stuffs. By the way, I'm using Rzero with headless and connecting via SSH from Win11 machine. I installed with producer tools directly writing image to MMC and alternatively installed with armbian-config tool from SD card to MMC. In both way successfully boots and connects Wi-Fi. For better diagnostic, how can I get error dump? (I lost SSH connection when its crushed).

  16. Started by MichaIng,

    USB gadget mode does currently not work OOTB on Armbian, but it can be enabled easily with a device tree change or overlay: /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { compatible = "radxa,zero", "amlogic,g12a"; fragment@0 { target = <&usb>; __overlay__ { dr_mode = "otg"; }; }; }; I can open a PR for adding this as device tree overlay, or enabling OTG OOTB on Radxa Zero, like vendor did: https://github.com/radxa/kernel/commit/775a467 The latter would be simple. In case of an overlay, I'd need some hint about how to do it best: Adding it to the general meson64 overlays patch seems to be right: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/p…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.