Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I2C sensor on OPI5

Featured Replies

I need to move my homeassistant from rpi4 to an opi5 but I have some I2C sensors connected. Had anyone any luck configuring python and gpio to work with I2C sensors? This was a bit rough a while ago and the kernel support seems much more limited compared to the rpi4 for this type of use case. Any experience?

  • Author
18 hours ago, renaudrenaud said:

that's an interesting find - from what I looked:

- the project did not use the default lcd monitor driver, going to guess that there is no direct support for any of the micro python libraries

- the project is running the code as root - not sure if there is any way to prevent that

 

Will figure out more once I receive my opi for this project...

  • Author
On 7/15/2023 at 6:20 PM, renaudrenaud said:

I was able to run the adafruit libraries with a BMP 390 on my Orange PI 5. However I had to update couple pin/port combinations in the adafruit libraries. I opened a PR for this added support for i2c1-m4 overlay in orange pi 5

Process was not too complicated:

- activate i2c layout in overlays - I only tested i2c1-m4

- install gpio (wiringpi library) to read the pin numbers. It will show the logical pins enabled by the overlay (you need to look at the pinout diagram for physical pins)

- I added a combination for SDA/SCL pins that matches the overlay and pins - needs to go in two spots in the adafruit code

 

Btw, kudos to the new 25.8 version - it has python 3.11 out of the box.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.