Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HDMI-CEC does not work on armbian debian

Featured Replies

I am trying to use radxa-zero with HDMI CEC support on Armbian debian.

I tried all different Armbian debian versions, lsmod never give me module cec

So I took a look at images provided by radxa (https://github.com/radxa-build/radxa-zero/releases/tag/20220801-0213, not armbian ones), cec is loaded by default

 

I think this is the key:

/lib/modules/SOME_KERNEL/kernel/drivers/media/cec/core/cec.ko

This is in their image but not /lib/modules/6.1.11-meson64 folder (I guess also not in other kernel versions)

 

If that's the case, CEC should not work on any meson64 devices.

 

I saw CONFIG_CEC_CORE=y is in config. 

btw, another possible related missing module is meson_dw_hdmi.ko

 

Could someone take a look and figure out why they are not there?

 

Really appreciate your help!

  • Author

well I guess I am too naïve about this lol. That's not the same as Raspberry Pi OS.

I think Armbian is built for certain use cases. I tried CoreELEC, CEC and hardware acceleration work as expected. 

I understand maybe it's hard to bring all the stuff to the same distro/repo. Thanks for all the effort!

 

btw now I know CEC is not modularized so it's not in /lib/modules. But CEC (at least cec-client or kodi) still won't work on Armbian

Edited by alexc

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.