July 29, 20233 yr Anyone tried installing Steam Link? There seems to be an image in Raspberry OS but I cannot find a deb image for aarch64. Official flatpack is x64 only...
July 29, 20233 yr Maybe using the script provided here to fix missing libraries helps: https://blog.iancolwell.ca/steamlink-aarch64 Just ignore all the other stuff related to RPi only
July 29, 20233 yr Author 3 minutes ago, Werner said: Maybe using the script provided here to fix missing libraries helps: https://blog.iancolwell.ca/steamlink-aarch64 Just ignore all the other stuff related to RPi only That one looks good but it requires having a steamlink available in a apt repo - haven't been able to find one yet 😕
August 1, 20233 yr @OttawaHacker I managed to stream games from pc to the OPI 5. What I did was install steam on the orange PI and then stream games from another steam installed in my desktop PC (you can run non steam games this way too) Basically installed panfork drivers on Orange pi and then installed box64, box86, winex86, winetricks and steam using this script https://github.com/NicoD-SBC/armbian-gaming/tree/main The only problem I had was that the sound was crackling while streaming games. I read it may be related to the sampling rates and tried to change them to 48khz, but it didn't fix the crackling issue. If you manage to fix the sound thing, please let me know what you did Thanks
August 1, 20233 yr Author 7 minutes ago, PajPaj said: If you manage to fix the sound thing, please let me know what you did I got moonlight working with geforce streaming - and you can launch steam from there and everything was working fine (sound, video, controller through bluetooth). Sound was fine but my latency was not great, for now - I'm going to assume it is the wifi connection. Moonlight and steam link should have similar performance. Also another issue was loading times which were bad and not making sense...
August 2, 20233 yr @OttawaHacker as far as I am aware moonlight requires the host to be running on Windows, but my host PC is a Linux one. Do you know if it is possible to use moonlight using a Linux host? Edited August 2, 20233 yr by PajPaj
August 2, 20233 yr Author 4 minutes ago, PajPaj said: Do you know if it is possible to use moonlight using a Linux host? Yes you should be able to run Sunshine - I haven't tested that one yet but it is supposed to be as good or better than Nvidia's GeForce LizardByte/Sunshine: Self-hosted game stream host for Moonlight. (github.com)
December 14, 20232 yr Be advised that if you have an nVidia GPU in your Linux host machine, you may (will?) be in for a special kind of hell getting Sunshine to recognize and use the GPU for encoding. And if you do get it working, the fix may be fleeting, as OS updates can undo your fix.
December 14, 20232 yr Author Btw, been using moonlight on Armbian 23.11 with sunshine on my pc upstairs (windows) and that has been working incredibly. The only missing item I had to do is add xpadneo on armbian to get the rumble to work on the xbox controller through Bluetooth.
December 14, 20232 yr I found this a while ago. I didn't try it as I'm not really up on Steam. Thought it might help: https://jamesachambers.com/installing-steam-on-the-orange-pi-5-with-armbian/
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.